New DIY kits

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

The current ragnarok you can edit the rapid-fire speed! So no worries for new updates / patches, you can adjust your rapid-fire!

On the macro controller for xbox 360, you'll just have to put in a new macro we make.
im saying lets say a waw style patch comes out...will there be a patch for the new USB programable xbox controller? im just looking out for the end users :)

Fredrow

im saying lets say a waw style patch comes out...will there be a patch for the new USB programable xbox controller? im just looking out for the end users :)

Dude M1A1 you have been around Viking360 for awhile now. Please tell me of one time that any of the Viking360 products were behind the curve? Come on tell me??

Oh yeah that's right, NEVER!!! Because Viking360 was the first company to offer a product that can be updated/programmed by the USER to stay one step ahead of the rest!!!

Then Viking360 came out with its own line of Software that gives the user even more power options to setup his/her controller anyway they saw fit!!

I'm still rocking out and cleaning-up with my Odin's Raven controller... Wanna know why??? Because of the great HEX editor software that Viking360 was nice enough to create and release to its customers for free!!

Viking360's motto still holds true today; "This is the last controller you will ever need!" (and I'm not just talking about the macro controller either son!)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol it may be the last controller you'll ever need, but that's not to say you wouldn't like the next viking model.

Fredrow

Well Honestly, Im stating my concern for the brand itself. Not everyone has heard of the macro so they lose out when its all sold out. I have mine for now, but im worried when it breaks down and what if im not able to fix it? Then im also out of a good piece of hardware and money. I just hope that anything else put out will be just as good as the Macro and PS3 Rag. controller. ALso i am wanting to buy a Rag. controller but i am worried that it won't work correctly when MW3 comes out, should that even be a concern?

The Brand, "Viking360" will do just fine without having the Macro controller in the lineup for sale!!! It might stay around if we knew 100% that the CG2 PCB'z (CG2 PCB=the inside guts of the Xbox360 controller) were still going to be manufactured.

Also JoeJoe, do you think that the PS3 Ragnarok is equal to the Xbox360 Macro controller? Because just from my limited view of the PS3-Rag I would say that it was equal to the Hammer/Raven controllers.

Another thing too is do not stress out about your Macro controller! Even if your out of warranty on it; their is still a pretty good shot of you or anyone getting their macro controller fixed!! So that is something you should not worry about.....

Tell me why the PS3-Rag would not work with MW3???

Fredrow

lol it may be the last controller you'll ever need, but that's not to say you wouldn't like the next viking model.

Yeah I know dude, but M1A1 should really know this stuff because he is asking some pretty weak questions here!!!

odingalt

Staff member

Assuming the customer buys the USB version (we will probably offer a non-USB version) the plan is to have full USB bootloader enabled. However we will not be releasing a bunch of driver updates like before. We would only release a patch if ABSOLUTELY needed. Otherwise the USB software will basically look like the customization software, but instead of generating a driver, it will just write the preferences directly to your controller. Should be less confusing for everyone. Then there would be a buried/hidden screen somewhere for driver/firmware updates but only if needed, and it would hopefully be integrated in that same piece of software.

Fredrow

The Ragnarok is better than a Hammer/Raven. It has more features!

Well Gold star to you!!! But the question was more for JoeJoe!

Also, besides the PS3-Rag having that Phantom button setup thing; tell me Jetz what are these features you speak of that the PS3-Rag has over the Hammer/Raven??

NYjetsNY1

Well Gold star to you!!! But the question was more for JoeJoe!

Also, besides the PS3-Rag having that Phantom button setup thing; tell me Jetz what are these features you speak of that the PS3-Rag has over the Hammer/Raven??

Jitter "Shift" where you can hold LT and that temporarily stops RT from being a jitter. You should check out the video that explains all of the awesome features of it.

Fredrow

Jitter "Shift" where you can hold LT and that temporarily stops RT from being a jitter. You should check out the video that explains all of the awesome features of it.

I glanced through the video and also read over the controllers button assignment page thing....

WOW, Jitter "shift", lol.... Well I'm glad you got that one down!! I can't believe your one of those jitter lovers!! I personally hate jitter mode, I never liked that....

Well I guess we can mark this down as another thing we do not agree on.... You see the Rag as being better than the Hammer/Raven....
While I see the Rag being equal to the Hammer/Raven..... There is really only two major key differences between them, the first thing is that the Rag is for the PS3 and the Hammer/Raven is for the 360. The 2nd key difference is that the Hammer/Raven is 100% Viking360 while the Rag is not.....

NYjetsNY1

I glanced through the video and also read over the controllers button assignment page thing....

WOW, Jitter "shift", lol.... Well I'm glad you got that one down!! I can't believe your one of those jitter lovers!! I personally hate jitter mode, I never liked that....

Well I guess we can mark this down as another thing we do not agree on.... You see the Rag as being better than the Hammer/Raven....
While I see the Rag being equal to the Hammer/Raven..... There is really only two major key differences between them, the first thing is that the Rag is for the PS3 and the Hammer/Raven is for the 360. The 2nd key difference is that the Hammer/Raven is 100% Viking360 while the Rag is not.....

If there isn't a shift key jitter is worthless to me you could say. But if you are close, boom just RT and you'll win every time. If they are far, you can aim in and own people, no jitter!

odingalt

Staff member

The Rag is 100% Viking360 developed in house, but we licensed out the distribution (if that is what you meant by the Rag is not 100% Viking360?). We still have all the rights to sell the finished retail mods. But when it comes to DIY kits, we were made a very attractive offer to enter into an exclusive distributorship deal on those.

Fredrow

If there isn't a shift key jitter is worthless to me you could say. But if you are close, boom just RT and you'll win every time. If they are far, you can aim in and own people, no jitter!

Oh, OK then!!
eTcbr.png

Jitter is worthless to me shift-key or not!!!

The Rag is 100% Viking360 developed in house, but we licensed out the distribution (if that is what you meant by the Rag is not 100% Viking360?). We still have all the rights to sell the finished retail mods. But when it comes to DIY kits, we were made a very attractive offer to enter into an exclusive distributorship deal on those.

The only reason why I made the comment about the Hammer/Raven being 100% Viking360 Genuine and the PS3-Rag is not; was just based off of this,
The PS3 chips are under exclusive contract right now, but I wanted to talk to our exclusive distributor when he gets back from vacation to see about selling DIY kits. Or at least advertising where you can get them.

I saw it as Viking360 was buying these PS3-Rag chips as DIY from _______ and then selling them on the VikingDigital website.

odingalt

Staff member
Oh right. Nope, we are making them but we don't have the rights to sell them in kit form. A strange setup, but our volume looked like a trickle compared to the distributor.

mavic

So question... I already have the old DIY kit wired up as a DUO. is the new one likely to be inferior? I was wanting to build a new controller as mine is showing its age lol (the thumb sticks click down way to easy anymore)

NYjetsNY1

So question... I already have the old DIY kit wired up as a DUO. is the new one likely to be inferior? I was wanting to build a new controller as mine is showing its age lol (the thumb sticks click down way to easy anymore)

The new one is likely to be superior not inferior.

odingalt

Staff member
I guess it depends on whether or not you like the Odin's Raven or the Ragnarok setup better. I feel like I've answered this ten million times over and over and over again. Check my youtube channel and watch the videos showing the Ragnarok. It's going to be just like that.

mavic

Sorry odingalt... i never looked at the Ragnarok as I dont own a PS3. I was not aware that the new kit would be the same... maybe I missed a post or something... at any rate I watched the videos and it seems pretty nice. I like how the modes are customizable without using the usb or sifting through 8+ linear presets.