PS3 adapter verion request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicBomb

ok ive been reading the forums and understand that a ps3 version of the viking is not being designed and is difficult.
well what i was hoping if you guys could design just an adapter for the dualshock that would work via usb.
just an adapter. no software. an adapter that allows real-time macro recording and turbo settings. this has been designed for the ps2 by a couple companies:
Mayflash ps1/ps2 macro/turbo adapter (i own this one)
14493313.jpg

ps2 playback (no longer in production)
ps2playbackxb4p2.jpg

i heave never used the ps2 playback, but i can use the mayflash ps2 adapter (with a ps2 controller) on a ps3 with a ps2 to ps3 controller adapter. but the problem is that it is very limited. it has static and real-time macro recording, as well as 15 turbo settings, but you can only program a macro to L2, R2, L3 and R3. and does not record analog input. (the ps2 playback records analog input, but i never tested it. cant find a retailer)

there is nothing on the market that has the viking's capabilities for the ps3. obviously it wouldnt be as powerful as an xbox viking controller without software and toggle buttons, but it would essentially blow away any 3rd party ps3 turbo controller, macro controller, or turbo modded dualshock on the market.
please consider designing one. thankxz.
:!:

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If this was more feasible than a modded controller I'd buy one... It would have 2 advantages over a mod: It could block button presses (eg. I press x and it presses O /\ and the consloe doesn't recognize the x press) and if your controller gets old you just by a new one and plug it in.

LogicBomb

yea i think an adapter is the best way to go. software or not. that way you can fully remap, disable buttons that trigger macros, have shift buttons, etc, and use it on any controller. only downside is you have to use your controller wired. not a big deal though...
the xcm KO gear kinda does this, but its garbage. it only has 3 turbo speeds (lame), and if you want to fire off a macro, you actually have to press a button on the adapter. (even lamer)
SFIMG00005637.jpg

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol maybe... I seriously love your product, I wish you were for PS3. I probably don't really need a mod anyways, I'm ranked in the 600's for domination on black ops.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm starting to get 'bored' with the existing project.... which means I'll be looking for another project. Well I was only 1 year behind releasing this macro controller (as I had been talking about it since October 2009... but took me until October 2010 to release it) which by those calculations it should only take me another year to get the PS3 mod out lol.

No seriously though we are looking for ways to boost revenue and a PS3 mod of some sort is a natural choice. I'd love to do one of these adapters for you guys but our expertise (and our budget) is in mod chips. Maybe in 2012 we can look at one of these adapters. Those things are a very expensive project and by my guess we need to have a market where we can sell thousands of them to make it worth while. I mean we're talking needing to sell 10,000 of the adapters to make it cost effective.

Right now we only have about 3,500 Viking customers as a comparison.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
odingalt said:
I'm starting to get 'bored' with the existing project.... which means I'll be looking for another project. Well I was only 1 year behind releasing this macro controller (as I had been talking about it since October 2009... but took me until October 2010 to release it) which by those calculations it should only take me another year to get the PS3 mod out lol.

No seriously though we are looking for ways to boost revenue and a PS3 mod of some sort is a natural choice. I'd love to do one of these adapters for you guys but our expertise (and our budget) is in mod chips. Maybe in 2012 we can look at one of these adapters. Those things are a very expensive project and by my guess we need to have a market where we can sell thousands of them to make it worth while. I mean we're talking needing to sell 10,000 of the adapters to make it cost effective.

Right now we only have about 3,500 Viking customers as a comparison.

That's awsome! I'll buy either, I really don't care. As long as it works simular to the viking I'd be incredibly pleased.

LogicBomb

odingalt, i would think it would cost less. the maflash adapter retails for 10 bucks! and it has static and real time macros and turbos. but its for the ps2. it can be used on the ps3 with this adapter though
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042S ... ss_product
also you might find what this guy is doing interesting. hes making it so you can run the dualshock through the pc via bluetooth, and comunicate with the ps3. you can remap, macro, turbo, etc.
http://diy-machine.blogspot.com/
ps.. why is my text alway posting in black? i have to manually make it white every time.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
LogicBomb said:
PS3andCOD said:
That works for PS3? Like it's PS3 controller in,out to PS3?
yes it works wired. but like i said, it only has 3 turbo speeds. but you can turbo any button.
Huh... Not too bad, but nothing to the viking. Beats most normal mods though.

obo

What would really be cool, is if there was an adapter that received the signal from an xbox 360 controller and then converted the signal into a ps3 signal.
So basically, just hook your xbox 360 controller up to the adapter and then the adapter up to your PS3. This would be the ultimate answer for anybody who ever wanted to use a 360 controller with a ps3. Thats a big reason i stick with xbox 360, i just love the controllers.

It would also work with the viking too! As the viking controller is an xbox 360 controller, this means that you could technically use a viking controller with your ps3.

If you were to take up a project Einar, this would be the one i would choose.

LogicBomb

obo said:
What would really be cool, is if there was an adapter that received the signal from an xbox 360 controller and then converted the signal into a ps3 signal.
So basically, just hook your xbox 360 controller up to the adapter and then the adapter up to your PS3. This would be the ultimate answer for anybody who ever wanted to use a 360 controller with a ps3. Thats a big reason i stick with xbox 360, i just love the controllers.

It would also work with the viking too! As the viking controller is an xbox 360 controller, this means that you could technically use a viking controller with your ps3.

If you were to take up a project Einar, this would be the one i would choose.
they do. there are alot of adapters that allow you to use the 360 controller on the ps3, and vice versa. but the viking is wireless, so it wouldnt work.

obo

LogicBomb said:
they do. there are alot of adapters that allow you to use the 360 controller on the ps3, and vice versa. but the viking is wireless, so it wouldnt work.
Ahh, so it has to be wired. Well if you could get a wireless one that would be sweet. But since Microsoft is hitler when it comes to their wireless technology. Maybe a cord that would hook up to a WIRELESS controller and send the signals thru a cord to the adapter.

It's getting a little too complicated though, so who knows. Just some fun ideas that i had.

*edit* it appears that Microsoft makes a wireless receiver for the xbox 360 controllers/accessories. If you could somehow hook one of those up to an adapter, you might be good to go. *Cough Cough* PS3ANDCOD *Cough Cough*

odingalt

Staff member
LogicBomb said:
odingalt, i would think it would cost less. the maflash adapter retails for 10 bucks! and it has static and real time macros and turbos. but its for the ps2. it can be used on the ps3 with this adapter though
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042S ... ss_product
also you might find what this guy is doing interesting. hes making it so you can run the dualshock through the pc via bluetooth, and comunicate with the ps3. you can remap, macro, turbo, etc.
http://diy-machine.blogspot.com/
ps.. why is my text alway posting in black? i have to manually make it white every time.

My text is black some times... the weird thing is that if I just let it go for a day or two it turns to normal. Time to reinstall PHPBB.

By the way, the adapter you linked to from Amazon doesn't do anything and it only works with the really, really,really old XBOX 360 controllers that were wired and had a USB connector on them... we're talking like the first 100 XBOX 360 controllers ever made :) That's why the adapter is like $10 because it's virtually useless. And even then it only lets you hook up that XBOX 360 controller to a PS2 console. Who the hell plays PS2?

Show me a PS3 adapter that lets you connect a wireless XBOX 360 controller and run macros for $10 and then watch my jaw drop. But until then...

odingalt

Staff member
Amazon.com review of that product...

"1.0 out of 5 stars Dont Waste Money, November 5, 2010
By Marc T. Davis (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Controller Converter Adapter Cable for Ps2 to Xbox 360 (Video Game)
If your like me and you don't fully like the xbox 360 controller and you would like to use a ps2 or ps3 controller this is not the answer. It does not work at all. If you want to charge your ps3 controller while your xbox is on it may do that, thats about it."

LogicBomb

so what the hell does the new xbox controllers use to connect to the console? anyway i use that adapter for both my xim, and my ps2 controller, and macro adapter. the adapter isnt garbage. its one of the best out for what it does, actually. it was recently discovered by ximmers after ps3 3.50 update killed 80% of all the 3rd partty adapters on the market.
if making a ps3 adapter is gonna be just as expensive of just making a dualshock Viking, then id rather see a dualshock viking.

odingalt

Staff member
The new XBOX 360 controllers (the wireless ones) use a proprietary Microsoft technology to connect. Basically it's the same as bluetooth, but Microsoft tweaked it a little bit so they could use legal grounds to sue anyone trying to make wireless third party accessories for XBOX 360.

Ok so you think I'll just make a wired controller. Well wired still needs to be specially licensed by Microsoft - otherwise they will nuke your hardware from their system altogether - as happend to Datel's memory cards... with Microsoft you can't win, they want to make all the money themselves. They only license with big companies like Logitech and MadCatz because those companies can sell 50,000 controllers and don't mind giving Microsoft a fat cut of their profits on each sale for licensing fees.

For little shops like me I couldn't even begin to complete with MadCatz, I would produce a short run of controllers like 5,000 and it would cost me double or triple what MadCatz does when they produce a shitload of controllers out of China... plus Microsoft will never license any sort of macro or cheating controller.

LogicBomb

well amzon still sells wired xbox360 controllers in abundance. and both xcm and mayflash sell xbox 360 wired controller to ps3 adapters, and they got turbo on them. they been out for awhile. i dont see them getting sued..
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired-Co ... pd_sim_t_1
http://www.xcm.cc/Cross_battle_adapter_2.0.htm
http://www.amazon.com/May-Flash-Xbox-Co ... B002IXUSN6

CBA%202.0_2.jpg

you can even swap shoulder buttons with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emIhrG79xE0
you can also use the Ko gear that has both turbo and macros with an xbox360 controller on the ps3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOGv5Gibhho
i would also like to note that the cheap adapter from amazon that you said is "useless" also allows a wired xbox360 controller on a ps3. and it only cost 7 bucks.
research bro... research. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.