PS3 adapter verion request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

odingalt

Staff member
LogicBomb said:
well amzon still sells wired xbox360 controllers in abundance. and both xcm and mayflash sell xbox 360 wired controller to ps3 adapters, and they got turbo on them. they been out for awhile. i dont see them getting sued..

My logic is the exact reason that their are no good cheap and fully functional adapters that work on the XBOX 360 console... It is obviously difficult to create an adapter that can both have 100% of the functions, scripts, macros and goodies a customer wants while still flying under the Microsoft radar (and not treading on intellectual property).

I think we are not having the same conversation here. I was under the impression you were looking for an adapter that works on the XBOX 360 console?

odingalt

Staff member
You first link: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired-Co ... pd_sim_t_1

Congratulations on posting a link to a wired xbox 360 controller.

Your second link: http://www.xcm.cc/Cross_battle_adapter_2.0.htm

Quote "The Cross battle adapter 2.0 is an adapter to allow you to connect your Xbox 360 wired controller to your PS 3 console for use with PS3 games". K, again, I don't see where is the version that lets you remap XBOX 360 buttons and have rapidfire on a Microsoft XBOX 360 console. Yes, we've beated the topic to death that you can use an XBOX 360 controllers on PlayStation. Why? Because Sony/PlayStation allow nearly any generic HID-USB device to be recognized and function with their console. You can post third party adapters all day long for Playstation consoles... So I don't really see what's so amazing here.

Your third quote: http://www.amazon.com/May-Flash-Xbox-Co ... B002IXUSN6

Again, yet another adapter for the PS3 console... not the XBOX 360 console...

I think you're missing the entire point here. I was explaining to you the reason there is not a good cheap fully functional cross battle adapter that is available for the XBOX 360 console.

I could really give a shit about all the cross battle adapters on the PS3 console - this is nothing amazing as again, PS3 console will accept nearly any standard HID gaming device...

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I think I am retarded. For some reason I thought this thread was about making a Viking/Cross Battle Adapter that would work on the XBOX 360 console.

But I think what you guys were really asking for is a better adapter (made by Viking) for the PS3 console?

If that is the case then I have been wasting your time with some of my posts the last 2 pages lol.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
odingalt said:
Ok I think I am retarded. For some reason I thought this thread was about making a Viking/Cross Battle Adapter that would work on the XBOX 360 console.

But I think what you guys were really asking for is a better adapter (made by Viking) for the PS3 console?

If that is the case then I have been wasting your time with some of my posts the last 2 pages lol.

Lol, yes. That's what we were talking about. The possibility of either a PS3 version of the viking, or an adaptor that would add macros to a PS3 controller. I personally would buy either a modded controller or an adaptor, doesn't really matter to me. The one problem is that in the jailbreaking block update, a large amount of thrid party stuff got disabled. I don't know what is or isn't blocked, or why certain things were blocked, or if the unblocked things are licensed. That would need to be found out. I do know however, that there are third party controllers that work throught the PS3's bluetooth wireless, and there were no lawsuits there...

odingalt

Staff member
I'm guessing that Sony probably targeted third party accessories that allowed cheating or third party accessories that were not licensed by Sony. Typically like I said earlier, they'll block for two reasons: 1.) because they want to make more money ( and force your company to specifically license your products with them which means royalties for Sony $$ ) or 2.) because they are just doing a little anti-cheating for their other customers.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
No, it was for security... I just don't know why some third party stuff still works. You hear about the PS3 break or jailbreak? Basically like a PS3 version of J-tagging... They did it to block that. Some third party acessories work, some don't.

LogicBomb

quote "You first link: http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wired-Co ... pd_sim_t_1

Congratulations on posting a link to a wired xbox 360 controller." i linked it cuz you stated that xbox only made like 100 of them then changed them to a proprietary connection. but in fact, they are still available in large quantities.
dude all you got to do is go to xcm.cc ... you CAN HAVE turbos on xbox360 with some of there products. also, there are at least a dozen turbo macro xbox360 controllers out there.
yea, sony 3.50 update was for the jailbreak, but they also purposely killed 80% of the adapters out there. and after multiple complaints from 3rd party controller users, and even disabled gamers, they stated they will not change firmware to re-enable them. they even when as far as to say one of the main reasons for the firmware update was to block knockoff chinese controllers because they explode! they lied. they scrambled to kill the jailbreak dongles and fuked everyone over with 3rd party stuff. youre out of the loop, dude. so i dont know why you keep arguing with me when im trying to enlighten you. your obviously an xbox fanboy. just forget about the red ring of death brick box 360 and jump on the Ps3 bandwagon, bro.
:shock:

odingalt

Staff member
Check out my post:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1166&p=10377

And I'll even paste it here for you... this proves I ain't no XBOX fanboy! I bought a PS3 console before I bought an XBOX 360 console! I only game on the XBOX 360 because that's where Viking360 got its start... Microsoft was easier to mod, so our first mod chip was on XBOX 360. Unfortunately it's now taken me 13 months and counting to get around to making a PS3 mod chip...

If you go deep in my posts you'll see just how anti-XBOX and anti-Microsoft I am... XBOX fanboy... pfft I am insulted. :lol:

odingalt said:
PS3 is superior to XBOX 360 in terms of accessories, period. Don't get me wrong, I do ALL of my gaming on XBOX 360 and on the XBOX Live! service. But...

*The PS3 accepts a wide variety of third-party bluetooth devices, whereas the XBOX 360 will only accept wired devices or MS official or MS licensed (PRICEY!$$$) 'proprietary wireless' accessories.
*The PS3 has built-in wireless, while the XBOX 360 is still charging $100 for their wireless adapter (say what?)
*The PS3's on-line gaming service is FREE! XBOX Live Gold (12 month membership) is $59.95.
*PS3 built-in blu-ray player - is actually higher quality than many off the shelf blu-ray disc players. (XBOX 360 plays DVD's... hurray..)
*PS3's 'media center' supports all sorts of formats divx, xvid, mkt, etc... XBOX 360 'media center' is a little behind on supporting some formats...
*Some older versions of the XBOX 360 don't even have HDMI (say what???)
*PS3 has an internet browser with Flash capability. XBOX 360 has.. advertisements.
*PS3 controllers are dual shock six-axis and are wireless and recharge using a standard USB to mini-USB cable.. Microsoft controllers are large, heavy and require a special charging cable (PnC) and their battery packs are heavy as a bag of dog poop and they are not tilt sensitive...
*PS3 is an amazingly quiet system... the XBOX 360's DVD drive sounds like a jet aircraft with its throttle stuck open, I can't stand it. I own a $400 elite system and it's pathetic how loud it is...

I'm out of things to say at the moment but at the end of the day the PS3 hardware offers 5x the value of the XBOX 360 hardware. Unfortunately, XBOX 360 wins more market share in the U.S. and Sony wins more market share in the Asian countries. It just has to do with the fact that Sony has a stronghold over Asia while Microsoft has a stronghold here in the U.S. I.e. in Europe, Microsoft lost those anti-trust lawsuits... but in the U.S. they are allowed to flex their monopoly, which does help them sell more XBOX 360 systems.

LogicBomb

2ebts3d.png

xbox dashboard is better, and online is smoother, though. i just dont like the controller.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, I saw that before... Totaly true. (both in that he said it and that I beleive all his points to be correct) The only reason it's so poular is that it's made by an American company, and most of the American game companies favor it. Also it came first I guess... PS3 is like 2 million sales behind world wide, and it came out a year later. It actually has more sales per year. And more of it's consoles still work, as opposed to sitting stacked like the bricks they are. I have a launch PS3, works perfectly still. I have a bricked RROD 360 in the closet too. Anyways LogicBomb, don't mouth odingalt off too much or he won't make one! I originally joined the forum hoping to see it happen a year ago, and now that he might actually have the time to get to it, I don't want to see it ruined by someone being rude. No offence to you, we seem to have a lot in common. I just think you ought to be polite if you want it to happen sooner rather than later.

And odingalt, does that mean you're going to start looking into it soon? Like this month possibly? Please say yes!!!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol those are poor reasons that xbox is better... I personnaly couldn't care less about the dashboard, I don't play games on it right? I think the online is the same, when my internet works properly anyways. I've got crappy wireless out in the country. It could probably be better if the games were coded natively on PS3, just like the graphics for exclusives own any xbox games... I totaly agree about te controller though. It's asymetrical (retarded) and I hate the concave thumbsticks.

odingalt

Staff member
No I like somebody who gives me a little fight back. I think logicbomb and I are just seeing things differently, though I had a rough start in this thread as I was reading things the wrong way. I think I am underestimating what's available in the market for XBOX 360 adpaters (though I think logicbomb is overestimating the availability out there). You are our middle ground lol

Yeah I forgot to mention XBOX360 RROD on my like/dislike list.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol OK, as long as it doesn't put you off a PS3 project. They fixed RROD you know, now it's just an eye. Funny story, a guy at school thought they actually fixed it by using titanium heatsinks. I doubt that very highly, but I suppose I don't know for sure.

obo

I hate to say it, but the only reason the xbox 360 is so much more dominant in the United States, is simply because it came out first. It was a huge leap for gaming and because it was released before the PS3, so many more people got it. The only reason i bought an Xbox 360 over a PS3 is because all my friends had one. I honestly wish that they had all had PS3's but they didn't. So now we are all still paying the outrageous Microsoft price because we all want to play together.

Microsoft made a smart business decision rushing the Xbox 360 to the market. If they had done more testing and created a more efficient running console, then Sony might have beat them to releasing a newer generation system. And if that had happened, we would all be playing on PS3's instead of Xbox360's. They basically sacrificed quality to be the first one's to release a newer generation console, which is exactly why so many Xbox 360s have red ringed. They have a 3 year warranty on all of their consoles, but the cost of replacing the system is pretty much included in the original purchase. Xbox360's are extremely overpriced compared to the cost of making them. Microsoft actually makes money on the consoles they sell, compared to Sony who was originally losing money for every PS3 they sold. (kind of makes a statement about quality huh?)

Basically my point is, PS3's are by far superior to Xbox360's, but Microsoft simply won the race of releasing a console. It's kind of a shame, but it's the reason so many people play Xbox360's vs. PS3's.

odingalt

Staff member
obo said:
The only reason i bought an Xbox 360 over a PS3 is because all my friends had one. I honestly wish that they had all had PS3's but they didn't. So now we are all still paying the outrageous Microsoft price because we all want to play together.

Amen, brother.

There were a few other things that seem to have hindered PS3. PS3 I thought when it was released was an additional $100 to $150 dollars more for the base console. However for good reason; blu-ray and built-in wifi itself was well worth the $100 increase. My wife and I bought PS3 over XBOX 360 for our first console specifically to use it as a blu-ray player. PS3 still kicks the shit out of most standalone blu-ray players with zero load wait times.

Microsoft also allowed certain rumors about their console... when asked directly, they never denied these kinds of claims:

*XBOX 360 Live messenger will allow video chat from an XBOX 360 console to a PC running the Live messenger.
*Some game developers will release cross-platform games that will allow XBOX Live! players to go head-to-head with gamers

I can't think of any other rumors now, but when XBOX 360 was released there were a lot of rumors floating around about what the console *could* possibly be capable of. This was enough to sway people to the XBOX 360. Literally for me the deciding factor was a few popular articles claiming the XBOX 360 console Live messenger would allow video chat with PC users. I thought it would be great to chat with my family from the comfort of my couch using an XBOX 360 camera.

Also, I'm absolutely positive that Microsoft specifically designed their consoles to be hacked. I wouldn't be surprised if they were 'leaking' critical insider information out the back door to hackers to help them hack the original XBOX console. PS2 was hackable, yes, but not nearly as easy as XBOX. The exploitability of the XBOX console - was it just typicaly Microsoft incompetence? Or a carefully crafted marketing strategy designed to ensure their place in the average U.S. household?

Microsoft estimated that somewhere around 1 million XBOX 360's were modded after last year's big ban wave. I don't think XBOX 360 wanted their 360 console hacked. They are extremely active in pursuing bans this time around. Interesting... either they got competent all of a sudden, or there's no need to allow customers to hack their box as they already have a hold on the market...

We all know Microsoft is NOT innovative - with their technology. But with their business practices they are the most deviant business of the 20th and 21st centuries (at least since the big oil and railroad companies of the industrial revolution). In my opinion the fact that Microsoft won the Netscape wars has set our country back about 10-15 years in terms of retail technology.

obo

odingalt said:
We all know Microsoft is NOT innovative - with their technology. But with their business practices they are the most deviant business of the 20th and 21st centuries (at least since the big oil and railroad companies of the industrial revolution). In my opinion the fact that Microsoft won the Netscape wars has set our country back about 10-15 years in terms of retail technology.

And Amen to that brother.

LogicBomb

i could care less if the ps3 has a blueray drive, because the ps3 so damn loud, i wont do anything with it except play games. sometime it gets loud as a damn hair dryer. and i vacume the vents once in awhile too.
i dont think i am underestimating the amount of adapters or macro controllers out there. ive seen them all. because ive been researching macro crontollers for over 2 years. seen all different ones on japanese, korean, European and chinese sites. but there all very basic. i pitched a macro adapter to hkems, mayflash, xcm and a couple chinese maufacturers. xcm actually made one, but they totally ruined it. they didnt follow the specs i asked them to. penguinunited.com said they think its a good idea and might concider it. now im asking you guys at viking, because you actually designed a macro controller the way it should of been done.. mostly anyway.
the funny thing is, i dont even want a macro controller for the things you guys use it for. i dont even play 1st person shooters. im a 3rd person dude. i use my macro adapter or xim macros for quick stabbing in mgo (not a glitch), using buttons as sticks for fight night, mess around in ps3 home, etc. i just want something better than this 10 year old macro adapter that only works with a ps1 or ps2 controller.
and as far as microsoft fixing the heat issues with new xboxes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOs0HiL_Mqc

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LogicBomb said:
i could care less if the ps3 has a blueray drive, because the ps3 so darn loud, i wont do anything with it except play games. sometime it gets loud as a darn hair dryer. and i vacume the vents once in awhile too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOs0HiL_Mqc
what are you talking about!?!?!?!?!.......my PS3 is as quiet as my 360 s.........honestly everyone here needs to grow up. its a video game system and personal preference so stop flaming!....

Next person to flame gets BANNED!

Status
Not open for further replies.