PS3 adapter verion request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
LogicBomb said:
i could care less if the ps3 has a blueray drive, because the ps3 so darn loud, i wont do anything with it except play games. sometime it gets loud as a darn hair dryer. and i vacume the vents once in awhile too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOs0HiL_Mqc
what are you talking about!?!?!?!?!.......my PS3 is as quiet as my 360 s.........honestly everyone here needs to grow up. its a video game system and personal preference so stop flaming!....

Next person to flame gets BANNED!

Yeah, I don't know where that came from either... I have 2 PS3's and they're both quieter than my PC usually is... Once again, odingalt seems to be right about everything. Excellent veiws on things there. Obo too. Lets just hope for a PS3 viking now!!!

LogicBomb

i dont see how an adapter could possible cost more to manufacture than a modded controller. you dont have to even deal with controllers. not disassembly, soldering, etc. design the adapter, then have a company manufacture it.

odingalt

Staff member
LogicBomb;

When you start your own company, come talk to me about this stuff. :roll:

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It would cost a lot more per unit to be manufactured. And they would need some sort of casing, which a modchip just shares with the controller. There would be no costs for puting them together though.

odingalt

Staff member
PS3andCOD said:
It would cost a lot more per unit to be manufactured. And they would need some sort of casing, which a modchip just shares with the controller. There would be no costs for puting them together though.

Exactly.

It's true that the retail cost of an adapter to the end-customer would be less - because in that case the consumer isn't paying for the controller and labor markup needed to install the mod chip. But the cost for me as a business owner to produce just the adapter vs the cost to produce just the modchip would be more.

Why? The modchip is just a socket, a circuit board, and some electrical components. The adapter would take a circuit board, electrical components, switches, plugs/headers, and a custom moulded case, cabling... honestly there's no fucking way to produce an adapter cheaper than a modchip. You can link me to all the cheap shitty $8 adapters on amazon.com that you want. These adapters are being sold below cost because the guy holding on to them just wants to make any money he can dumping them.

If you want to post links and talk specifics, post an adapter you would actually buy - you want an adapter with macro capabilities and a bundled piece of software to let you build macros. Then post a link to such a product and stop posting links to ps/2 adapters FFS.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You could get around cabling by just using USB cables. But you're right I doubt they could actually make any of those for $8. I wouldn't realy want to pay much more than $100 for an adaptor... If you could put one together for under $120 it could be pretty popular though.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
You could get around cabling by just using USB cables. But you're right I doubt they could actually make any of those for $8. I wouldn't realy want to pay much more than $100 for an adaptor... If you could put one together for under $120 it could be pretty popular though.
WHO ON EARTH WOULD PAY MORE THAN 30 ON AN ADAPTOR!

LogicBomb

lol, the links ive posted are from adapters i already own. and as far as cheap adapters, my 10 year old mayflash macro adapter records real-time macros better than your viking. you dont wanna appreciate my suggestions, then that your problem. you may understand the coding side of designing a controller, but you obviously need help on the functionality aspect. and i guarantee making an adapter is cheaper than modding a controller. all it need is 2 usb ports, a pic chip, and a small amount of memory. and a cheap case. and you dont even need a company to mass produce it. you can build a xim for 40 bucks. the dude OBsIV at xim360 is designing the new xim 3 with an lcd screen built in, and i bet that cost him less to produce than your viking. please bro... :twisted:

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LogicBomb said:
lol, the links ive posted are from adapters i already own. and as far as cheap adapters, my 10 year old mayflash macro adapter records real-time macros better than your viking. you dont wanna appreciate my suggestions, then that your problem. you may understand the coding side of designing a controller, but you obviously need help on the functionality aspect. and i guarantee making an adapter is cheaper than modding a controller. all it need is 2 usb ports, a pic chip, and a small amount of memory. and a cheap case. and you dont even need a company to mass produce it. you can build a xim for 40 bucks. the dude OBsIV at xim360 is designing the new xim 3 with an lcd screen built in, and i bet that cost him less to produce than your viking. please bro... :twisted:
even if it is easier i would still prefer my WIRELESS macro controller!

odingalt

Staff member
LogicBomb said:
you can build a xim for 40 bucks.

Playstation 3 firmware version 3.50 rendered the XIM useless.

http://xim360.com/community/index.php?topic=6292.0

LogicBomb said:
my 10 year old mayflash macro adapter records real-time macros better than your viking.:

Link? I can't find one on google.com at the moment.

LogicBomb said:
the dude OBsIV at xim360 is designing the new xim 3 with an lcd screen built in, and i bet that cost him less to produce than your viking. please bro.. :twisted:

http://xim360.com/community/index.php?topic=3819.0

Here is a link to a forum thread that shows a photo of the concept XIM3. The LCD screen itself costs as much as a modchip. If XIM wants any more advertising here in the forums they can take out a banner ad :D

There's no way Viking can compete with XIM based on the sheer amount of expertise they have in the field of adapters. We would always be playing catch-up to them.

//Edit holy shit the price is $149, maybe Viking360 CAN compete... :) Price including controller is $185.

http://xim360.com/?page_id=124

Dude, I can't believe all the shit you have been giving me about prices, look at that link above. If the XIM2 costs $149, can you imagine what XIM3 is going to cost with the LCD screen??? Also they talk about how you have to find a compatible controller to install XIM2. Does the XIM2 require a wired XBOX 360 controller?

In any case your request is duly noted, I see this turning into another GamerModz free advertising thread pretty soon.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You know, a lot of PS3 rapidfire stuff is around $150... If you had macros for $200, you'd clean up. Why buy just rapidfire, not even jitter for $150 when a viking is $200?

Status
Not open for further replies.