Ps3 Style thumbsticks...

Jassim

have been informed they're old supplier (who I won't name) changed the thumb-stick so therefor, it and it was harder to put on/wouldn't fit as well but I was wondering if it will EVER be back as if it is I will wait before ordering the new viking controllers, thanks ^_^.

Ben

It's highly unlikely they will start to use those sticks again unless they change how they are made again.

To be honest the 360 one's are probably better..

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Jassim said:
have been informed they're old supplier (who I won't name) changed the thumb-stick so therefor, it and it was harder to put on/wouldn't fit as well but I was wondering if it will EVER be back as if it is I will wait before ordering the new viking controllers, thanks ^_^.
supplier everyone knows it was llama.com. and no they wont be using them anymore because they dont fit right. but i think we might see new thumbsticks on the new controller eventually. also ben i personally hate xbox sticks they hurt my joints in my thumbs on the edges where as the PS3 sticks dont because they are rounded off.

odingalt

Staff member
Chris had sent me some samples that I totally forgot about, I don't think I got the name of the supplier from him but he says they are waay better than the new llamma sticks, will have to see if I can find the samples he sent, I think they are on my workbench at the shop in a tray where I keep all the odds n' ends parts.

LoveKillzSlowly

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
supplier everyone knows it was llama.com. and no they wont be using them anymore because they dont fit right. but i think we might see new thumbsticks on the new controller eventually. also ben i personally hate xbox sticks they hurt my joints in my thumbs on the edges where as the PS3 sticks dont because they are rounded off.

We will not see the new analog sticks on any of the stock controllers anytime soon, Microsoft announced that the new sliver controller w/ new dpad are limited time only and will not have the new design on their current controllers.

My question is since the new controllers that are coming out Nov. 9th are priced at $65 and it also comes with PnC kit will the price for the Viking still be $200 since the black controllers are priced at $65. I rather wait till November to get this controller.

Lynx

They really need to offer the ps3 sticks again. I installed them in my Odin Raven, but with the front tac buttons on the new one I feel its gonna be more difficult. This could be a deal breaker for me :(

fathersin

Fredrow put some ps3 sticks on my controller and they are of good quality I'm sure old friends will unite again and form a new super power Viking controller with ps3 sticks muhahaha!

I'm in such a wierd mood sorry for that lol.

Jassim

O another random question..is it possible to get the viking in a wired controller as I want to use it on the ps3 via the cross battle xcm.

Ben

Jassim said:
O another random question..is it possible to get the viking in a wired controller as I want to use it on the ps3 via the cross battle xcm.

The Viking chips are only compatible with Wireless controllers I'm afraid.

modded matt

I would be willing to bet anyone with time drive and a bit of knoledge (or help) could easily install a viking hand on a wired controller. the purple chips cost too much for me to tinker with though so I never tested it much.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well, he said "I think" and he seemed to think it was obvious that Ben would get more chips, when he only gets as many as odingalt sells... Obviously it is a no shit moment, but I honestly don't think he realized that.

Fredrow

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
PS3andCOD said:
Jassim said:
I believe he owns the shop :p
Odingalt owns the main shop, both Ben and Fredrow own partner shops.
No s*** i think he already knew that

I'm with PS3 on this one..... That one kid who left the first post after mine doesn't know who is who around here....... Also I'm still kind of bent that Ben is getting a shipment in of the old chips, when I was told about 2 weeks ago that E was just going to hold onto the last 50. He didn't want to sell any of them to me, because he said it might interfere with sales of the new controller..... ha....

odingalt

Staff member
Ben is not getting a shipment of the old chips. This is news to me. Unless he had a shipment get stuck in customs from a month ago?

We've discontinued the old purple legacy chips. I think foundmy.com has some remaining stock.

modded matt

wow, droping them completly, here is a stupid question, how about droping the main bootloader code on us who know how to use it. hahah JK but not.