Ps3 Style thumbsticks...

odingalt

Staff member
Matt, my biggest mistake was not going with an encrypted bootloader on the Viking360 chip. At the time I was living in a small apartment in the city and I didn't know how popular our modded xbox 360 controllers were going to get. We've already had to hire a legal team and have sent out two lawsuit threats this year to two companies thinking they were going to post our software on their site and sell a Viking360 clone chip. I've actually seen pictures of the clone chip a good samaritan was nice enough to e-mail me.

If you guys can dream up some legally controlled way that I can release the software and source to bonafide Viking360 customers (and not every Tom, Dick and Harry modchip with a PIC18F chip licking their chops waiting to slice and dice our source code for their own use), I'm all ears. About the only thing I could do is have everybody send in their mods, reprogram the chips with an encrypted bootloader, recompile everything, re-upload.... lol it would be a massive effort.

[As soon as another mod shop releases something like the Viking360 I will drop the source code, but right now the closest thing is the GamerModz alpha controller and frankly their product is just gay at $25 rapidfire code updates and no glitches. Their controller doesn't have fast reload, jitter mod, sniper mode, akimbo mode... it's just a plain rapidfire controller.]

Anyway yeah as far as cutting ESE and RapidControllers loose, Ben and Chris have already heard the sob stories, but the new modchip project my wife and I are into it for about $125,000, we cashed out our 401k to invest in the new chip. Ben and Chris in a good month were taking about 60 chips which adds up to some serious sales after awhile. Unfortunately my wife and I are trying to keep a real monopoly this time so we can quickly recoup some of those $125,000 in product launch costs. Cuz right now we really feel like our asses are hanging out there lol.

Einar

PS3andCOD

Contributor
How about a creative commons licence for the code? I've got some books with that, it's basically legal to do whatever you want with it for your personal self, or give away your own contributions to it under the same licence. Basically do whatever you want, but don't sell it or use it to make money. That would let matt play with it and post his changes etc. on acidmods. You'd have to look into how it works more, I only have ebooks with it, but I think you can apply it to anything.

Fredrow

Anyway yeah as far as cutting ESE and RapidControllers loose, Ben and Chris have already heard the sob stories, but the new modchip project my wife and I are into it for about $125,000, we cashed out our 401k to invest in the new chip. Ben and Chris in a good month were taking about 60 chips which adds up to some serious sales after awhile. Unfortunately my wife and I are trying to keep a real monopoly this time so we can quickly recoup some of those $125,000 in product launch costs. Cuz right now we really feel like our asses are hanging out there lol.

I remember you talking about this in an email you sent to me like 3 weeks ago, it was only one month that 60 chips went out, 20 to me and then 40 to Ben. Also the only reason why I ended up taking 20 that month was because of that one reason, which doesn't need to be brought up in here.....

odingalt

Staff member
I went back through my e-mails, you've got a point, I blame Ben, he bought way more kits than you did.

Ben this is all your fault.