PS4 Berserker.

i don't really need the touch pad I want the zerker for ps4 until I can get my hands on one im just going to use my macro and C. max on the ps4, still waiting with fingers crossed that the ps4 macro comes out so I can throw my money at it lol

AramisKC

Yea I am right there with you, I would easily throw out 300-350 dollars out right now for a zerker for the ps4. Question can we still donate through the kickstarter site or has that gone down?

bonefisher

I believe once you see the Forge and everything with it finished and running smooth, Viking will most likely tackle this project my guess.

Is there a status update on the PS4 Berserker? Is it at all a possibility this thing happens? Been holding off a mod purchase for the best, but it seems like we may never get a Berserker for the most popular next gen system

odingalt

Staff member
Up until now I have not directly engaged you guys in a discussion on PS4 Berserker, mostly because XBOX One Berserker had bugs and badly needed features. We're close to having all that stuff for XBOX One Berserker solved (namely, having rune recording and retrieval as well as pack sharing). PS4 Berserker software will be 90%+ based on the XBOX One Berserker software and so we felt we needed to nail down some things on XBOX One before moving to PS4 (else PS4 Berserker would suffer all the same exact problems).

Ok, now that the software and forge are shaping up, time to talk to you guys. Frankly, we're scared to put money into PS4 Berserker just to find out nobody wants it. Our kickstarter for this project was a disappointment at 9 backers. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/845956528/berserker-the-cloud-based-ergonomic-ps4-gaming-con). Even though we sold thousands of XBOX 360 macro controllers (And are still selling them today), we've sold less than 200 XBOX One Berserker controllers (143 last time I counted). We have to sell over 600 Berserkers before we break even financially on the project. At this rate, we're never gonna get there.

I can't afford to gamble on PS4 Berserker and find out nobody wants it as this project is already deep in the hole with no end in sight. I can't launch PS4 Berserker without some sort of pre-order in place so I know that customers will show up to the party. I do need to spend about another $20,000-$25,000 to launch PS4 Berserker, which means I need 100 pre-orders. (This money is for adapting the XBOX One software to the PS4, hardware prototyping and some money towards the first production run). So, if I can generate around 100 pre-orders for PS4 Berserker, then the project is a go for me. I just don't know if there are 100 customers out there to be had based on the big flip we experienced with XBOX One Berserker.

If you guys have any ideas, I'm all ears.

And generally speaking, open to ideas on what I can do to get customers to believe in Berserker like they did in Macro. As detailed in this post http://www.viking360.com/forums/threads/berserker-technical-post.6063/ the Berserker is 100x more powerful than the Macro ever was, but I managed to completely kill the Bererker's popularity in the process of creating the new software. I don't have the financial means to go back and do anything drastic (such as port the XBOX 360 Macro to XBOX One).

Up until now I have not directly engaged you guys in a discussion on PS4 Berserker, mostly because XBOX One Berserker had bugs and badly needed features. We're close to having all that stuff for XBOX One Berserker solved (namely, having rune recording and retrieval as well as pack sharing). PS4 Berserker software will be 90%+ based on the XBOX One Berserker software and so we felt we needed to nail down some things on XBOX One before moving to PS4 (else PS4 Berserker would suffer all the same exact problems).

Ok, now that the software and forge are shaping up, time to talk to you guys. Frankly, we're scared to put money into PS4 Berserker just to find out nobody wants it. Our kickstarter for this project was a disappointment at 9 backers. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/845956528/berserker-the-cloud-based-ergonomic-ps4-gaming-con). Even though we sold thousands of XBOX 360 macro controllers (And are still selling them today), we've sold less than 200 XBOX One Berserker controllers (143 last time I counted). We have to sell over 600 Berserkers before we break even financially on the project. At this rate, we're never gonna get there.

I can't afford to gamble on PS4 Berserker and find out nobody wants it as this project is already deep in the hole with no end in sight. I can't launch PS4 Berserker without some sort of pre-order in place so I know that customers will show up to the party. I do need to spend about another $20,000-$25,000 to launch PS4 Berserker, which means I need 100 pre-orders. (This money is for adapting the XBOX One software to the PS4, hardware prototyping and some money towards the first production run). So, if I can generate around 100 pre-orders for PS4 Berserker, then the project is a go for me. I just don't know if there are 100 customers out there to be had based on the big flip we experienced with XBOX One Berserker.

If you guys have any ideas, I'm all ears.

And generally speaking, open to ideas on what I can do to get customers to believe in Berserker like they did in Macro. As detailed in this post http://www.viking360.com/forums/threads/berserker-technical-post.6063/ the Berserker is 100x more powerful than the Macro ever was, but I managed to completely kill the Bererker's popularity in the process of creating the new software. I don't have the financial means to go back and do anything drastic (such as port the XBOX 360 Macro to XBOX One).

First, I'd like to thank you for your passion and extremely hard work. As 1 of the 9 backers on the Kickstarter I'm very interested, but I know the finances around creating such a master piece so I can see the numbers don't add up. To be honest when I search google or you tube for demonstration videos for your berserker I don't find anything. I can't see what your product can do other than reading the product description. Maybe you could start there to get more views toward the product and your company. The Berserker is a controller for all games so videos over a variety of genres is best to show the capabilities. If things like that don't have an effect what are the odds that a PS4 USB Ragnorok could be the consolation? Thanks

bonefisher

I agree there needs to be more videos to help market the Berserker to raise sales. Which this would definitely help boost getting the Berserker for the PS4. I haven't played around yet with making them but I'll check to see what I need.

Yea I agree some video's and reviews may help, I remember before I got mine I struggled to find much out and had to do a lot of digging, which I'm guessing most people wouldn't do these days.

I found one review you must have sent him a controller and the comments were all mentioning it was just a copy of scuf and you could only remap buttons it was pointless, so people clearly either misinformed or just don't know the capabilities of what it can do.

odingalt

Staff member
Yea I agree some video's and reviews may help, I remember before I got mine I struggled to find much out and had to do a lot of digging, which I'm guessing most people wouldn't do these days.

I found one review you must have sent him a controller and the comments were all mentioning it was just a copy of scuf and you could only remap buttons it was pointless, so people clearly either misinformed or just don't know the capabilities of what it can do.

This is pretty typical of what we run into. "Fanboys" of other products or "haters" of the modded controller genre in general. We've tried sending out a half dozen review controllers, but only gotten one review to get posted. That particular video got 40,000 hits (and lots of nasty comments), but hasn't generated much if any traffic for our website.

Videos are free except my time. What kind of videos should I be making and publishing to youtube?

bonefisher

Odin, so far that I see is your not even on the map when advertising comes into play on quick searches on YOUTUBE! Your not even there! Sure your going to get the haters and the nasty comments but yeah that is life you need a balance. 50 will hate 50 percent will like. Your in search of the 49 percent that will like because you already have one percent. I have certain things that no one has out there in there videos like quick changing, quick knife, fast reloads on certain weapons plus two speed rapids for your right triggers or you run a combo of rapid fire when you ADS and Jitter for burst weapons that I'm dialing in on for the right trigger. Plus anti-recoil that don't mess with right or left turning. There's plenty to put on a VID.

Just doing a quick google search for "modded controller" on my iPhone you don't come across Viking360.com until page 4. How many people do you think ever reach page 4? There is opportunity to get better there and of course we've discussed the videos aspect. I honestly think you need to show the range of the products capabilities. Just focusing on CoD is nice it'll sell the standard controllers, but the macro and Berzerker are so much more and customers need to be shown why it's important to spend $100 more in order to have a "future proof" controller.

bonefisher

Just doing a quick google search for "modded controller" on my iPhone you don't come across Viking360.com until page 4. How many people do you think ever reach page 4? There is opportunity to get better there and of course we've discussed the videos aspect. I honestly think you need to show the range of the products capabilities. Just focusing on CoD is nice it'll sell the standard controllers, but the macro and Berzerker are so much more and customers need to be shown why it's important to spend $100 more in order to have a "future proof" controller.
I barely get to the second page. Sorry but the standard controller doesn't do what I have the Berserker doing for COD but yes should show different games also in the video.

Pardon me if I sound rude not my intent, but your company creates a brilliant product and then neglects the most important part. Which is to tell people about it, get it marketed so people will buy it. I mean I sold 5 of your PS3 usb Ragnorok controllers to people that had been looking for mods and had no idea who Viking even was (by "sold" I mean told them where to buy). Your products are too good to go unnoticed so I hope that changes

bonefisher

Pardon me if I sound rude not my intent, but your company creates a brilliant product and then neglects the most important part. Which is to tell people about it, get it marketed so people will buy it. I mean I sold 5 of your PS3 usb Ragnorok controllers to people that had been looking for mods and had no idea who Viking even was (by "sold" I mean told them where to buy). Your products are too good to go unnoticed so I hope that changes
I agree that Viking needs to get there product out on the market to boost sales. That is all up to the owner when that happens but I may help out and buy an elgato recorder to help out a little. I'm just a customer that can make these controllers talk and only do this as a hobby.

I agree that Viking needs to get there product out on the market to boost sales. That is all up to the owner when that happens but I may help out and buy an elgato recorder to help out a little. I'm just a customer that can make these controllers talk and only do this as a hobby.

Yeah, I have no clue how they've only sold 100+ berserker's. It'll be forever at this rate to get to the 600 to break even. Honestly think the PS4 Berserker won't ever happen. Which is a shame with more than 50% of current gen gamers going with the Playstation this time around.

bonefisher

Well I think your getting closer once everything gets done even though it may be some time and money for him to recover. I believe it will still happen for the PS4 Berserker.

odingalt

Staff member

You do realize that the companies in slot 1 and 2 of google searches are spending $20k-$30k+ per month to buy that slot?

There's nothing I can do if the lemmings march onto google with their iphones and buy the first thing they see.

I have never in my life made my purchases based on a popularity contest (google). I've always carefully researched products, looked for alternatives, checked forums and read (real not fake) reviews of products, etc.

Each and every day just as a consumer I find it harder and harder to locate quality products on the internet. Want to buy something? Amazon and e-bay are #1 and #2 hits for damn near anything. Want a thermostat? Well it's going to be a Nest (since it's owned by google you can't see any other results). Google decides who is God for each product type by filling the #1 search result.

Consumers just assume that if something is at Google #1 spot, then it's best. Consumers literally have no idea about the games that are played to get a company into the #1 spot. Typically the last company you want to buy from is the one at the #1 spot, because if a company is #1 on google, they've spent a shitload of money to get there - money that came from customers.

If consumers are really this stupid (which I believe they are in this day and age), then there's simply no place on the internet for a guy like me.

Last edited:
You do realize that the companies in slot 1 and 2 of google searches are spending $20k-$30k+ per month to buy that slot?

There's nothing I can do if the lemmings march onto google with their iphones and buy the first thing they see.

I have never in my life made my purchases based on a popularity contest (google). I've always carefully researched products, looked for alternatives, checked forums and read (real not fake) reviews of products, etc.

Each and every day just as a consumer I find it harder and harder to locate quality products on the internet. Want to buy something? Amazon and e-bay are #1 and #2 hits for damn near anything. Want a thermostat? Well it's going to be a Nest (since it's owned by google you can't see any other results). Google decides who is God for each product type by filling the #1 search result.

Consumers just assume that if something is at Google #1 spot, then it's best. Consumers literally have no idea about the games that are played to get a company into the #1 spot. Typically the last company you want to buy from is the one at the #1 spot, because if a company is #1 on google, they've spent a shitload of money to get there - money that came from customers.

If consumers are really this stupid (which I believe they are in this day and age), then there's simply no place on the internet for a guy like me.

I agree which is why I searched deeper when I was looking for a mod a long time ago and led me to your company. I was just stating possible reasons for why a product of this caliber isn't getting bought up like it should be. Sorry to offend.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
No I just always get pissy when it comes to this particular topic. Everyone always points out we're hard to find but there's absolutely nothing that can be done about it unless Viking changes business strategy - ditch the Berserker, sell basic modded controllers, and dump large amounts of money into marketing. We can't spend similar money on marketing as the other guys whilst at the same time keeping up mods like Berserker - it's like a pick one or the other scenario.