Starting a business

Xx Binno xX

NEW

I'm changing the price of the ethernet cable service to .50 cent's a foot.

I just made this website. yes i no its shitty but its a start and it works ok I guess its not 5star website.
http://monstercables1080.webs.com/(DELETED) I didn't like this site. it didnt work out for me.

Also If you would like I will sell you routers/switches/modems/wireless internal/external cards if you would like to get a new one. If you want one of those just email and tell me what you want. be specific.
EX- Wireless N router DUAL BAND 300mbs 10/100/1000ethernet LAN Linksys

So I'm starting a business making Ethernet cables. I don't know why Ethernet cables but its something easy to make and I think I could make some cash off it. If anyone wants a cable they are $0.50 a foot. so 1 foot is $0.50. I will ship the cables for free if you buy $35 or more in product. I use cat 5e networking cables. If you are interested please contact me at Binno123@hotmail.com

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

XxbinnoxX said:
So I'm starting a business making Ethernet cables. I don't know why Ethernet cables but its something easy to make and I think I could make some cash off it. If anyone wants a cable they are $1.00 a foot. so 1 foot is $1.00. I will ship the cables for free if you buy $25 or more in cables. I use cat 5e networking cables. If you are interested please contact me at Binno123@hotmail.com
sorry i dont need any my dad is an electrician...so i get them for free

Xx Binno xX

I tried craigslist but all I get is spam. I'm not a fan of ebay but that is how I met Fredrow. Amazon I just buy from.

NYjetsNY1

yeah i did get lucky as mine worked and is working to perfection, but for that price its really hit or miss. Can't vouch or anything but usually if you pay $25 or more, you get really good quality work.

Xx Binno xX

Yeah I see where you are coming from. I make all my cord with Cat 5E networking cable and I do a good job. But how can you mess up a simple cable?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

XxbinnoxX said:
Yeah I see where you are coming from. I make all my cord with Cat 5E networking cable and I do a good job. But how can you mess up a simple cable?
You do realize there are better cables than CAT5e there is CAT6 and CAT7 and there are different ends like aluminum or copper.....there's tons of things that can be changed

PS3andCOD

Contributor
There is CAT 7? Does anyone know if you need a better router/network card to make use of CAT cables higher than 5?

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
There is CAT 7? Does anyone know if you need a better router/network card to make use of CAT cables higher than 5?

Yeah cat7 is slowly making it's way out into everyday life.... Last time I was at Fry's they only had a couple bins of the Cat7, but they wanted way to much for them, so I just went with the CAT6 cables....What type of router are you using now?

Krier023

Useful Poster
whats the difference between cat5-5e-6-7? Just the rating of the actual wires inside the cable or they way they are wired to the connector?

Xx Binno xX

Routers can transfer so much megabits a second. my router at my house does 10/100mbs. some routers can now transfer 10/100/1000megabits with those are the wireless N routers that can mostly do that and not all computer can transfer 10/100/1000 megabits. My 2 laptops and 2 desktops can only transfer 10/100megabits. The cat5 cat5E cat6 cat7 are types or networking cables. cat5 can transfer 10, megabits cat5e can transfer 1000megabits, cat6 can transfer 10,000megabits of data. Now cat7? that is a little extreme I myself haven't herd of cat7 networking cables at all yet. cat6 is just being brought into the picture of the networking family. to my knowledge anyways. But i use cat5e with copper tips. For computers to transfer 1000megabits you need a router that can do that and your network card in your computer has to be able to transfer 1000 megabits. You can but a ethernet port for you computer and install it in one of you PCI ports on your desktop, Laptops I'm not to sure about. Before you buy a computer make sure to look at the specs on it.
ex-
Product Features

* Intel® Core™ i3-330M processor
Features a 1066MHz frontside bus, 3MB L2 cache and 2.13GHz processor speed.
* Intel® Core i3 processor
Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing. Intel® HD Graphics provide extra graphics power for your laptop when you need it.
* 4GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.
* Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL media.
* 17.3" LCD high-definition widescreen display
With Ultrabright technology and 1600 x 900 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.
* 500GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
* Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Features 128MB dedicated video memory with Microsoft DirectX 10 support. HDMI port for connection to an HDTV. Two built-in speakers with high-definition audio support.
* Built-in webcam and microphone
Make it easy to video chat with family and friends.
* Multi-in-1 media reader
Supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card formats.
* 4 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
* Built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g/draft-n)
Wirelessly connect to the Internet.
* Built-in 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector and 56 Kbps modem for quick and easy wired Web connection.

* Weighs 7.4 lbs. and measures just 1.4" thin
For portable power.
* Fair battery life
Of up to 2 hours.
* Honeycomb design with glossy NightSky black lid
For a stylish look.
* Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable computing platform.
* Best Buy Software Installer
Personalize your PC! Discover and install just the software and services you want. Learn more.
* Software package included
With Adobe Reader 9 and Microsoft Works 9. 60-day trail version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 also included.
* ENERGY STAR qualified
Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.
* Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
Also you can tell what you network card is but going to my network places then on the left hand side view all connections. and right click your local area connection and go to properties and you will find it. Mine is
ntel(R) 82562V 10/100 Network Connection.
I did look up cat7 on Wikipedia which is a bad place too look. But I Did find some info about it and they said they wont no if it will ever exist. There wasn't much info about it. But i believe that fiber optic cables will be coming to the future of networking soon in America. In Japan they have cables that transfer 64gb of data.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I've got a Linkseys WRT160N-CA (I'm pretty sure the CA is just for Canada, it doesn't list that on their site) It only says 10/100 on the back of the box... But what can a 360 or PS3 handle anyways?

Xx Binno xX

It depends on the front side bus which hold the usb ethernet audio video hdmi. im not sure what the xbox 360 transfers or the ps3. im guessin the new xbox 360 slim will transfer 1000megabits because its new and they use new mother board and it has the built in 802.11N wifi (which is that fastest wifi) the ps3 is a little older so my guess is they used 100megabits but I'm just guessing not really sure.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The Slim might have the 1000, but I have a launch 60 gig. Probably not much chance there... I might have some extra Cat5 around so that would make the choice for me if I have enough of it.

Xx Binno xX

Lol if you need a wire I'm your man no homo on that. i would like to put up a website but I'm not that great with graphic design and I don't have the cash to pay someone to do that.