Theoretical PS3 instalation

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I had a great idea on how to work the PS3 chip (when you get around to it). What if you made a chip that went between the daughter board (the plastic board in the last post's picture) and the main board? It would reduce instalation, because just conecting the daughter board to the chip would give all the inputs, and conecting it to the main board would give all the outputs. It would work better than the 360 version, because you could have a button held down input to the chip, and then the chip could output the rapidfired button, and the main board would never get the original signal! The problem would be that when the chip is "off" it would have to be in a mode where it just passes the signals through as they are. It realy is perfect, and it could even be used to swap the buttons for lefties (directional pad and buttons, L and R triggers)

odingalt

Staff member
I've got this on my to do list. I will start work on this in January. Right now we have our hands full with retail season, new website launch in the first week of November, as well as a new viking prototype (probably won't make it to market until the first of the year). After we get the new one through prototype testing (could take a couple of months yet) we'll have more time for a PS3 project :)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I know you said you'll start in January, and I'm not trying to rush you, doing a good job is important too. I'm just wondering what you think of the between the boards idea? Basicly, the viking chip would only let through what it wanted to, the controller wouldn't get any inputs that the chip didn't let it get. It would also reduce size, as a little conector would replace half of the solder points.