Trigger Issue

TecHunter

Once it happens, what do you do to get it back working? Or does it not work at all any more?

I ask cuz I have an issue with my right trigger. While playing it will just stop shooting! At first I would unplug the charger cord then plug it back in, then it will work till it happens again. But I noticed that if I just press the tac switch, my right trigger would work again. I didnt buy the modded controller, I installed the chip myself and I have been going over my work and everything seems fine. But you never know, it sorta seems like I have a software issue and im going to keep testing to find out. All of my lights stay active when this happens, who knows could be a sticking tac switch!

I have noticed that I cant get the drop shot function to work, but everything else seems to work.

Last edited:

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
TecHunter, I have experienced the same thing with the rapidfire on my controller, and I purchased mine. You're talking about how in the middle of a match (sometimes even in a private match when testing speeds) the right trigger will stop working and you won't be able to shoot until you either turn off your mod, then turn rapidfire back on or if u just hold the tac switch and tap the right trigger. I think this happens due to lag and your internet connection. I don't think it's a software issue but then again I could be wrong. Correct me if I am wrong Jets or odin but I think that is happening to us due to lag.

IDK about the dropshot situation, both modes 1 and 2 for dropshot work perfectly for me.

TecHunter

TecHunter, I have experienced the same thing with the rapidfire on my controller, and I purchased mine. You're talking about how in the middle of a match (sometimes even in a private match when testing speeds) the right trigger will stop working and you won't be able to shoot until you either turn off your mod, then turn rapidfire back on or if u just hold the tac switch and tap the right trigger. I think this happens due to lag and your internet connection. I don't think it's a software issue but then again I could be wrong. Correct me if I am wrong Jets or odin but I think that is happening to us due to lag.

IDK about the dropshot situation, both modes 1 and 2 for dropshot work perfectly for me.

When it happens to me i figured out all I have to do is tap the tac switch. As far as internet connection, I have really crappy internet only 500k download :( so it should happen more often. Whats your connection speed Killa Cam?

And the drop shot, when i activate it the led twinkles but i dont drop when i shoot.

Atleast I know now its not my install! I guess we can track it down since we both have the same issue!

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I don't see how lag could do that unless there is some sort of rapidfire detection algorithm I'm not aware, but I don't believe that's the case. Techunter, what controller do you own?

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
It's been happening to me too odin, idk what kind of controller he installed it to but he did the 360 ragnarok DIY kit. I thought it was just because of lag but looks like it must be an actual problem??? And I have no idea what my connection speed is, not good though lol. Decent for a family of 4 (me, my rents and younger brother) but it's DSL I believe, SBC

Just happened to me in a game me and TecHunter were playing in. It doesn't happen that often for me, but when it does it's annoying, does it even in a private match when I am testing speeds by myself.

Last edited:

TecHunter

I don't see how lag could do that unless there is some sort of rapidfire detection algorithm I'm not aware, but I don't believe that's the case. Techunter, what controller do you own?

I own a Matrix2, I got it from Best Buy!

Hey Odingalt, do you think I can get the firmware 1.0 so I can flash back to it? Just trying to see if I would still have the same issue!

Last edited:

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Odin, do you think it's a firmware/driver issue??? I'm just curious because it still happens from time to time, at least once each time I use the controller but sometimes more. I was just curious if this is something where we should send our controllers in for but idk because both me and TecHunter are having the issue (but my dropshot mode works) and he installed his himself. Do you think it could be something with the chip itself?

odingalt

Staff member

Quoting myself. I don't see how lag can cause your gun to stop shooting. This theory doesn't make any sense. If it's a firmware issue, then the problem should be predictable and repeatable. I.e. are you both in the default button layout or using one of the alternate layouts?

Does it happen with a certain other feature activated (dropshot or sniper breath hold) or anything like that?

My guess is firmware bug or something wrong with the modchip or the wiring. I don't think this has anything to do with lag or the console.

I am out of town on vacation until next week, I don't have access to any of the tools I need to do any work on the software until I get back home. :-(

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I use the default layout, and the only other mode I use is the dropshot mode, but my dropshot mode works whereas TecHunter's doesn't work at all for some reason. I honestly haven't had as much of an issue with it lately. It now will happen to me in like 1 out of 5-7 games. It's weird to describe, I feel like it isn't something specific causing it, I feel like it's random which is why I thought it was lag. It can happen when I'm firing from the hip or while I'm aiming down my sights. It has happened to me both in public xbox live matches and even when I am testing speeds for weapons in a private match all by myself. All of a sudden my right trigger will stop working and won't let me shoot until I just tap the tac switch and then it's fine again.

We played a couple games together before and I remember both of us saying to each other when it happened in a match. Lately though like I said it hasn't been much of an issue for me, but I was just curious as to why it was happening at all.

Last edited:

TecHunter

Well I use Tactical layout. Its happened a few times to me today during matches. I would be shooting then have to duck for cover, then pop back out aiming down the sights just knowing im getting ready to kill! And it wont shoot, so I get clobbered LOL! I think it may be a bug or do you think wires being crossed during install could cause an issue? I know when installing PS2 mod chips that wire crossing during install can cause some interferece. Got to be something simple because it doesnt happen every game!

TecHunter

Well as far as the Drop shot, it does works. Stupid ole me had to think about when Odingalt asked if we were using the default layout. So i figured, maybe since I use tactical layout I would have to activate drop shot using right stick not B as if it was default layout.

My bad on that one guys, had a total brain fart!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Oh wow, well it's good to know that ur dropshot mode works and it's only the trigger problem that seems to be occurring. I didn't know you played on tactical or I might've asked if you were clocking the right button to activate the mode lol. I didn't think to ask what layout you used either, that's why odin is the man lol

EDIT: now it is happening to me all the **** time. It just happened to me 3 times in a single game, TWICE! So in 2 games it happened to me 6 times. It's soooo random. AND I've been disconnected from xbox live 4 times today (internet just completely stops working, i get this big gateway BS error on my laptop). You don't think it's because of lag? I wonder if anyone else experiences this when they lag with other controllers like the macro, ps3 ragnarok, or any of the legacy controllers.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Once it happens, what do you do to get it back working? Or does it not work at all any more?

I ask cuz I have an issue with my right trigger. While playing it will just stop shooting! At first I would unplug the charger cord then plug it back in, then it will work till it happens again. But I noticed that if I just press the tac switch, my right trigger would work again. I didnt buy the modded controller, I installed the chip myself and I have been going over my work and everything seems fine. But you never know, it sorta seems like I have a software issue and im going to keep testing to find out. All of my lights stay active when this happens, who knows could be a sticking tac switch!

I have noticed that I cant get the drop shot function to work, but everything else seems to work.

I ready over this more carefully. It looks like we solved the dropshot issue (had to do with remembering to set the controller to your custom button layout by holding mod switch + holding Y button to set the controller to the new button layout). On the rapidfire stopping issue. If it is indeed related to the tac switch, you might double check your install just to make sure the tac switch legs aren't bumping up against the MS circuit board or the rumble pads? I am also playing with my test controller here tonight to see if I can get the problem to repeat. If I can, then I will try to start looking through the software to see if there is some bug. I'm still unsure if this is an isolated hardware problem, something associated with a loose or bad wire on the tac switch, or a bug in the software. Only thing to do right now is log a bunch of hours playing with rapidfire turned on!

odingalt

Staff member
I'm still playing, no issues yet. Question for you again, do you use any other mods often? What I'm wondering is -- I just play with rapidfire turned on and am not getting the problem to repeat. I'm wondering if one of the other special features like dropshot or something, is somehow interfering with the rapidfire. Let me know what features you use the most often, I will turn them on while I am testing.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
It happens to me with AND without the dropshot mode enabled. I use the mode where only firing from the hip will make you dropshot, but you can still aim down the sights and shoot without dropping (so mode 2 for dropshot)

My trigger has stooped working for me though even when I am only using rapidfire to test speeds for different guns in Private games. I am pretty sure that this doesn't have anything to do with lag because it was just me in the private match but who knows (although if you get disconnected live due to lag during a private match even if it's just you, you'll get kicked out of the game)

It's weird odin, it happened to me once or twice today in a public match. I can't isolate exactly how it happens. In public matches I almost always have dropshot enabled as well, but that's it. All it takes to get my trigger to work again is a tap of the tac switch. If it's an install issue with wires interfering with others, I'd have to send mine back in to you guys, kept the original packaging just in case ;). Let me know what you guys find.

odingalt

Staff member
All it takes to get my trigger to work again is a tap of the tac switch..

That sentence right there is very interesting. I am still testing away here to try to get this thing to do the same problem to me. It sounds like a software problem except the darn randomness of it. Usually (not always though!) software problems are more easily repeatable. Grrrr. Anyway I am back from vacation working now!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Yeah, I at first was holding the tac/mod switch and hitting the right trigger again, but then TecHunter told me all he had to do was tap his tac switch, so I tried that when this happened to me and it worked, was able to start firing again right away after I just tapped the switch. It mostly happens to me in public matches.

Like just now I was testing for a good GoW3 rapidfire speed for over an hour and it only happened to me one time, and I don't have any lag issues right now. And it's only the right trigger, left still works, you just can't shoot unless you just tap the mod switch or turn off rapidfire and turn it back on (which you have to press the switch for anyway)

Hope you had a good vacation! Always good to kick back and relax and enjoy spending time with family and stuff. I've been on my winter break from college now for two weeks now and I've been loving it. Dreading going back in another two weeks lol.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
It's getting late now but expect that tomorrow night I will spend a good amount of time digging through lines of code instead of playing the game trying to repeat the problem. If I think I find something and compile a test code, would you be willing to test out the test code on your controller???