Trigger Issue

TecHunter

It's getting late now but expect that tomorrow night I will spend a good amount of time digging through lines of code instead of playing the game trying to repeat the problem. If I think I find something and compile a test code, would you be willing to test out the test code on your controller???

I wouldnt have a problem testing a test code if you need it.

I wanted to give you a heads up. Lately I have noticed that once it happens it has started affecting the left trigger. Once it stops shooting sometimes I am not able to aim down sights, my guy wont raise the gun when pressing the left trigger. Though the left trigger issue doesnt happen as much as the right trigger issue. So I would check for both triggers.

By the way, what kind of command is assigned to the tac switch. If you could tell us that or not i dont know, but it will give me a better way to trouble shoot. I know I measure .21v at the tac before it happens, but im going to get a reading when it does happen. I disconnected the tac switch, played some games and it still happened, so that rules out the tac switch. But would be nice to know why the tac is able to reset the rapid fire when it stops firing.

Last edited:

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
It's getting late now but expect that tomorrow night I will spend a good amount of time digging through lines of code instead of playing the game trying to repeat the problem. If I think I find something and compile a test code, would you be willing to test out the test code on your controller???

Yeah I wouldn't have a problem testing it out either odin. Just let us know. I'm going to see if I can get it to happen sometime today and instead of hitting the tac switch, I'll see if anything else is affected that can help us out or if I can get it to "turn" the trigger back on by doing something else. I never really checked much when it happened to me, I would always just tap the tac switch or reset the rapidfire so this time I'll try and mess around with it, I'll let you know TecHunter if my left trigger acts up too but it never did before.

odingalt

Staff member
Tec to answer your question, in the software when the tac switch is pressed, all mods are de-activated (i.e. if rapidfire is firing, it's stopped), all button outputs on the modchips are cleared (not outputting). Pretty much pushing the modchip it's like a really soft reset. The idea is that if the user is holding the mod switch, then their intention is to change modes, and they don't want other mods firing off when they press a button.

I.e. when you hold mod switch and tap the fire weapon button, you want to toggle rapidfire on - not shoot rapidfire. So all the mods are held in suspension (can't be activated) so long as the user is holding the mod switch.

TecHunter

Thats another thing I have noticed, is when I press the tac to switch modes it still fires. I forgot about that one! I am going to run new wire to the tac switch and see what happens, since this did not happen before.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Thats another thing I have noticed, is when I press the tac to switch modes it still fires. I forgot about that one! I am going to run new wire to the tac switch and see what happens, since this did not happen before.

That is supposed to happen. When you hold the mod switch to change modes for rapidfire on the right trigger, if you're holding say the MK14, it will fire one shot off instead of continuing to fire because all mods are "held in suspension" as odin said, so technically rapidfire is off during that time until you let go of the switch and the right trigger. This controller does not have phantom buttons as the PS3 model does so that isn't an issue.

So it makes sense as to why the trigger starts working again after I just tap the mod switch. Tapping it basically resets all the mods enabled, it quickly "disables" them until I let go and re-enables them. Still wish i knew why the issue is happening in the first place but know I understand why tapping the tac switch made it work again.

odingalt

Staff member
No im saying it continues to fire, not just 1 shot!

If you have a fully automatic gun in your hand, then that is normal. (xKilla and I were thinking you were holding a semi-auto)

If you have a semi-auto or single-shot gun in your hand, then that's not normal.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
If you have a fully automatic gun in your hand, then that is normal. (xKilla and I were thinking you were holding a semi-auto)

If you have a semi-auto or single-shot gun in your hand, then that's not normal.

Exactly, if you have a pistol or any semi-auto weapon such as a sniper or mk14 it will fire one round like I said. If it's say the ACR for example, you will continue to fire as long as you are holding the trigger. That's why when I'm changing modes I swap over to my pistol if I am in fact using a fully automatic weapon.

TecHunter

The mod switch disables rapid fire not firing altogether. OK got it, not that it really mattered. But I got it.

Last edited:

jagreenough

Just to add to this thread. My son's Ragnarok xbox controller will stop firing sometimes (not once per game, but randomly). Hitting the programming button on the bottom of the controller, as suggested above, gets him back up and going. He's su****ious that he might be inadvertantly pressing that button and that plus some other unknown key sequences is locking things up.

He also reports that he's observed the following controller behavior at lock-up:
* stops firing
* stuck aming and unable to fire
* glitching between ADS and hip-firing, rapidly.

pressing the progamming button cures it.

He's using the standard layout and as shipped current controller soft/firm ware.

Best,
jeff

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
It's gotta be something in the software or driver then if it's been happening to this many people. Thanks for posting that your son also has been having the same type of issue so we can try and lock down and correct the issue.

odingalt

Staff member
(Attachment removed, newer version is available in a post farther down in this thread)

I have attached a Universal Driver v1.1.1 beta. Click on the line above to download. This beta release is supposed to make an attempt to address the issue of the right trigger locking up randomly. When the bug happens, some people have reported that tapping the tac switch "unsticks" the right trigger. Use the XBOX 360 Ragnarok Firmware Updater tool available for download from the support page if you'd like to try this driver out.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Ok, I'll give it a go and update mine with this, dunno when I'll be able to test it out, might not be for a while so if anyone else wants to give this a test too that'd be awesome.

odingalt

Staff member
Universal Driver v1.2b download:

(v1.2 final was released, check vikingdigital.com and click on support tab for latest driver for XBOX360 Ragnarok)

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I think 1.2b has solved the problem odin. I have been playing Gotham City Imposters from time to time in between classes and I haven't gotten the problem to occur again, but I also wasn't using the dropshot feature with Rapidfire, which was mainly how I was getting the problem before so I'll have to see once I get some more free time to mess around on CoD.

odingalt

Staff member
Keep me posted! Fisherguy222 have you had a chance to try out this new driver? Let us know if you need help on flashing it into your controller, we've got a tutorial video up on the viking digital website walking through the process.

Spliffs is Dead

I think 1.2b has solved the problem odin. I have been playing Gotham City Imposters from time to time in between classes and I haven't gotten the problem to occur again, but I also wasn't using the dropshot feature with Rapidfire, which was mainly how I was getting the problem before so I'll have to see once I get some more free time to mess around on CoD.

I wasn't using the dropshot either. Just rapidfire, and I will flash the new driver onto my controller tomorrow, let you guys know if i have any luck with it.