Trouble purchasing.

DigitalDesire

I am a current Viking360 legacy owner, and I want to purchase a Macro controller. However, there is no longer an option to pay with paypal... This is currently my only payment option. Although I could exchange it for Liberty Reserve, AlertPay ect. No CC though. Is there still some way for me to purchase this? If there is can I also get next day air shipping?

NYjetsNY1

DigitalDesire said:
I am a current Viking360 legacy owner, and I want to purchase a Macro controller. However, there is no longer an option to pay with paypal... This is currently my only payment option. Although I could exchange it for Liberty Reserve, AlertPay ect. No CC though. Is there still some way for me to purchase this? If there is can I also get next day air shipping?

If you live in the UK, there IS paypal, where do you live? Just wondering.

NYjetsNY1

DigitalDesire said:
It takes like a week to transfer money from paypal to a bank account. Thats why I would much rather pay with paypal.

I don't understand - that would affect viking more than it would you.

Viking360 is a legit business. Everyone has gotten their controller. Every problem has been taken care of with the 3 month warranty. I assure you this, especially since you have already gotten a legacy controller.

Viking360 do not accept paypal. Buy a prepaid card, that is the only option. If you want to try to PM odingalt to see if he can arrange something, that is fine.

DigitalDesire

It would take a week for my paypal money to transfer to my bank before i could use a credit card to purchase a controller. I know viking is a legit company. I just don't to wait that long for a controller.

NYjetsNY1

DigitalDesire said:
It would take a week for my paypal money to transfer to my bank before i could use a credit card to purchase a controller. I know viking is a legit company. I just don't to wait that long for a controller.

Oh... well like I said if you can just get a prepaid card from a store, it would work and be easier. PM odingalt if you MUST use paypal.

DigitalDesire

That's the problem though. I keep all my money in my paypal account... I sent him a pm and hopefully Im still able to purchase a controller soon.

odingalt

Staff member
We got tired of dealing with 30% reserve hold and constant paypal chargebacks, so we stopped accepting PayPal in the U.S., and we also started shipping only to the billing address. No more chargebacks! :D

DigitalDesire

Is there anyway you can make an exception? or possibly take another form of virtual payment? such as libery reserve, money brokers, alert pay, western union ect.?

NYjetsNY1

They won't do anything except the credit card, however they MAY make an exception for you since you are a legacy owner.

NYjetsNY1

I just spoke with odingalt, sorry but it is a NO-EXCEPTION policy now. Sorry, you have to purchase a prepaid card.

NYjetsNY1

I'm very sorry sir - here is a message directly from odingalt:

"We dropped the U.S. PayPal as a payment option. We now only take Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Amex. Here is a list of reasons why:
*WebSite Payments Pro "Rolling Reserve"

PayPal takes 30% of all of our cart transactions and holds the money for 90 DAYS in a "rolling reserve". In other words, if somebody buys a $200 controller, they immediately debit our PayPal account for $60. The money is unavailable for 90 days. This might be acceptable for a multi-million dollar retail site, but not for our small LLC. This 30% adds up quickly. It's rather frustrating to have thousands of dollars of your hard earned money constantly tied up in PayPal's "rolling reserve" which, as we all know, they use to gamble on the stock market and to gain interest from our money while they are holding it.

*PayPal has a mandatory 3-day delay before you can talk to telephone support

Is your PayPal cart broken, and is it the fault of a bug in PayPal's processing server? Good luck getting a hold of PayPal support. The first call goes to India. After 24-48 hours, you will receive a call from the U.K. office. Within another 24-36 hours, you will receive a call from the U.S. office. The U.S. office is the only office that has staff that can actually help with any problems with PayPal's back-end server. This 48-72 hour delay happened to us at least a dozen times, especially when trying to followup on complaints from customers about PayPal's processing gateway. If we only had PayPal as a payment option, our shopping cart would only be available about 90% of the time due to PayPal outages.

*PayPal is great for customers who want to commit fraud

We're never sure if we're going to win a dispute by customers who claim they never received a package, when that customer paid by PayPal. Even if we ship to the verified address, require signature confirmation, and produce the signature confirmation to PayPal, sometimes they rule in the customer's favor. We've found that we have a much lower fraud attempt rate on non-PayPal transactions. And those customers that do try to rip us off, find it nearly impossible when they paid us via Visa/MC/Amex/Discover. These companies require that the customer file and sign a legal affidavit. PayPal doesn't require anything in writing to process a dispute."

NYjetsNY1

DigitalDesire said:
Western Union, Liberty Reserve, and Money brokers are all one time transactions, not possible to charge back or dispute though.

They don't accept it, and if all of your money is tied in paypal, how can you use these?