Viking Forge Software Bug Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

odingalt

Staff member
Latest News Update 12-5-2015

The Forge is accessible here https://forge.vikingdigital.com This thread used to be a beta testing report thread. But now, this thread is a general bug report and bug tracker thread for the Berserker.

The Forge USB App should prompt you when firmware updates are available, or, you may manually download firmware updates here. Please note there are currently three different hardware versions of the Berserker. You can check your HW (hardware) version by connecting your controller to the Forge USB App:

XBOX One Berserker, HW 1 (Firmware 3, Firmware 5)
XBOX One Berserker, HW 2 (Firmware 4, Firmware 5)
PS4 Berserker, HW1 (Firmware 1, coming soon)

Button and LED Test Firmware (PS4 HW1 coming soon, XBOX HW1 and HW2)

Firmware Verison 5 Release Notes

Firmware Version 5 for XBOX One Berserker HW1 and XBOX One Berserker HW2 fixes a few bugs:

-After loading a fresh runepack for the first time, the recording and playback buttons work without requiring a reboot after your first recording
-Solves a variety of random LED problems. Previous firmware had the LED driver communication baud rate set higher than the datasheet allows.

10-6-2015 (12-5-2016 for OS X) App Download Links and Release Notes

Windows App Download: https://www.vikingdigital.com/downloads/xbox-one/berserker/Berserker-Windows-App-10-6-2015.zip

Mac OS X App Download: https://www.vikingdigital.com/downloads/xbox-one/berserker/Berserker-OSX-App-12-5-2015.zip

-Solved one bug that caused user to get locked out of the app after changing their forge username
-Stopped using the Heroku and Cloudant data services (Data and app are now hosted at www.VikingDigital.com)

4-13-2015 App Release Notes

-Added MacOS support (OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later)
-App will now automatically offer to update the firmware on your controller over the internet
-Ability to load runepacks from your Private Forge directly to your controller
-Drag-and-drop programming of .VRP RunePack files - drag and drop any runepack or firmware update onto the app to program your controller
-Loading of runepacks is significantly faster now (program/verify routine was optimized)
-Added a reboot button - no longer need to remove your batteries when done programming your controller
-Now displays firmware version ("Fw: x"). For troubleshooting, reports what version firmware your controller is running
-Ability to "sync" recordings (retrieves recorded runes off your controller, and imports them directly into your Private Forge)

Forge Update Notes 10-6-2015

Users may now change their Forge screen name.

Forge Update Notes 4-13-2015

-On runepack editing screen, now able to choose which button will record a rune and which button will play back the rune after its been recorded
-On rune editing screen, added fast scroll buttons (to navigate your rune faster)
-All users can now set a runepack to be publicly viewable by clicking the globe icon
-Shared packs get their own page, which can include a video or image (editable via details/description popup)
-Various bug fixes to the timeline editor screen
-Shared packs get their own page, which can include a video or image (editable via details/description popup)

Instructions on how to use the App:

Download the file from the link above, unzip the contents of the app to a folder, then double-click on the Viking Forge icon (OS X) on double-click on the BerserkerForge.exe (Windows) file to start the App.

Connect your controller to your computer the usual way - hold the left and right bumper buttons while powering up your controller to boot the controller into USB programming mode, then connect a USB cable from the programming port to your computer. (If no console is nearby to keep your controller sync'd, plug a second cable from the charge port on the controller to any USB port on your computer). Once connected and logged in the app should display your controller's unique ID as well as the firmware version that is currently on your controller.

The app should detect your controller. You may "drag and drop" a .HEX firmware update or .VRP Viking Rune Pack file onto the USB App. You may also log in using your forge username and password (please remember both the username and passwords are both case sensitive) to see more functionality.

Once you are logged in through the App you should see a list of your private rune packs. You may hover over a rune pack and click the "load" button to load that rune pack directly from the Forge into your controller.

If you have recorded any runes, you can retrieve them from your controller by clicking on the Sync Recordings button*. *Note: Before clicking on Sync Recordings, open your default browser, surf to https://forge.vikingdigital.com and log in to your account. If you click O.k. to retrieve the recorded runes, they will automatically be added to your account's private rune pack list.

Instructions on recording runes (see above for instructions on retrieving runes):

In any runepack, designate a "Record Rune" button and a "Playback Recording" button. Please note that the tap/hold selector is currently useless. Then save the runepack and load the runepack into your Berserker controller.

Once the runepack is loaded onto your controller, you may press the "Record Rune" button at any time to start recording. During recording, all four LED's will flash red. Press the "Record Rune" button again to stop the recording, and the four LED's will stop blinking red. To playback the rune that you just finished recording, press the "Playback Recording" button.

You may record up to 1 run on each page, and up to 10 pages are available. This means that Berserker can store up to 10 recorded runes at any time.

Bug Reports and Status:

-Random erroneous button presses (bonefisher). Status: resolved (2-8-2015-001)
-Rapidfire randomly shutting off (bonefisher). Status: resolved (2-8-2015-001)
-Runepack defaults to Page 2 instead of Page 1 (Drastic). Status: investigating
-After loading a fresh runepack, then recording, playback doesn't work. (After rebooting, playback works like normal from then on). Status: resolved (3-7-2016 XBOX One Firmware 5 or newer)

Questions and Answers:

We will continue to update this post as questions arise.

4-13-2015 App Extended Release Notes

Greetings Berserker customers;

We have some news regarding the XBOX One Berserker. We have had an on-going public beta test of new software for the Berserker going since January. This software is being officially released.

If you haven't been participating in the on-going public beta, then you should be pleased with all of the new features available once you download the new version of the software. (Be sure to download the App for Windows or MacOS, connect your controller, and take the new firmware update if you haven't already):
  • Added MacOS support (OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later)
  • Added rune recording and retrieval
  • Automatically update your firmware over the internet from within the App
  • Ability to load runepacks over the internet from your Private Forge
  • On runepack editing screen, now able to choose which button will record a rune and which button will play back the rune after its been recorded
  • On rune editing screen, added fast scroll buttons (to navigate around your rune faster)
  • All users can now set a runepack to be publicly viewable by clicking the globe icon
  • Various bug fixes to the timeline editor screen
  • Added a reboot button - no longer need to remove your batteries when done programming your controller
  • Loading of runepacks is significantly faster now (program/verify routine was optimized)
  • Optional Drag-and-drop programming - drag and drop any runepack or firmware update file onto the app to program your controller
  • Now displays firmware version ("Fw: x"). For troubleshooting, reports what version firmware your controller is running
  • Ability to "sync" recordings (retrieves recorded runes off your controller, and imports them directly into your Private Forge)
  • Shared packs get their own page, which can include a video or image (editable via details/description popup)
We know this has been a long overdue update. This software update release is a major milestone for the Berserker. We hope that this update encourages you to get your Berserker out of storage, dust it off, and have some fun. We are committed to making more improvements to Berserker in the future, and look forward to hearing your feedback on this latest update.

Regards,

The Viking Staff

Last edited:

Drastic

:D love how fast we can sync runes etc. to controller now! among other awesome things!

quick feedback. when creating a Y-Y with record feature then editing it in Timeline if i put the second Y too close to the First Y Line it will combine farther away from each button than before... before i had to have it really close to make the buttons combine into one.

Playback Record Button being Right on D-Pad 'tap' actually makes the playback button press activate on Tac3 (controller with paddles)-using Google Chrome Browser.

Love the new Features keep up the hard work Viking!:)

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
joec0x, what's your operating system? Do you have any non-Vista PC's in the house? I believe there is a call in the source code but it will not work on pre-Win 7.

Drastic

Any Chance of adding the 'Start & Select' buttons to 'Group Scroll up/down' and 'Activate/Deactivate' group of buttons?

modded matt

Just getting started with this update. I have uploaded my Destiny and killer instinct "spinal" packs. other than that it looks like only Cmodder (whoever that may be) has uploaded one pack. you guys will need to go into your packs and click the lock/globe icon then save so they will be uploaded.

Once a pack has been uploaded, it can then be downloaded and the runes inside can be broken down viewed and inserted into other rune packs. I will clean up my stuff and upload a few things over the weekend. All of my packs will have "MM-" at the beginning of the file name, and I suggest others do the same to help identify your packs.

Good stuff!!

joec0x

joec0x, what's your operating system? Do you have any non-Vista PC's in the house? I believe there is a call in the source code but it will not work on pre-Win 7.
unfortunately I do not :(

but i see the improvements with everything else and i must say, great job! you never cease to impress.

maybe a future update we could have multiple select on rune that we want to delete?

Last edited:

Drastic

Just getting started with this update. I have uploaded my Destiny and killer instinct "spinal" packs. other than that it looks like only Cmodder (whoever that may be) has uploaded one pack. you guys will need to go into your packs and click the lock/globe icon then save so they will be uploaded.

Once a pack has been uploaded, it can then be downloaded and the runes inside can be broken down viewed and inserted into other rune packs. I will clean up my stuff and upload a few things over the weekend. All of my packs will have "MM-" at the beginning of the file name, and I suggest others do the same to help identify your packs.

Good stuff!!
that would be me :D changed my gamertag unfortunately cant change Viking tag

modded matt

ok so i dont know my forge password. my browser saved it so i have always used the web ui here:
https://viking-one-prod.herokuapp.com/login

in the web ui, there is a record button but no playback button that i can find, and i do not see how to upload a recorded rune. so i assume that is only part of the windows app?? but i cant use the windows app because i dont know my password.

Last edited:

joec0x

ok so i dont know my forge password. my browser saved it so i have always used the web ui here:
https://viking-one-prod.herokuapp.com/login

in the web ui, there is a record button but no playback button that i can find, and i do not see how to upload a recorded rune. so i assume that is only part of the windows app?? but i cant use the windows app because i dont know my password.
why not try installing a password revealer extension for whatever browser you use, thats what i do for things like that

modded matt

Yes, that worked out well. there is a chrome extension that will allow retrieval.

Now onto the forge. ok so the windows app is the only way to sinc recordings that I can see as I suspected and today there is a Rune playback button that was not there yesterday so tonight I will start recording some runes. This will help as I am working on a rune pack for a game called " The Golf Club" on xbox one. this is a 30$ arcade game. the graphics are great and the gameplay is good and very challenging. I am making 100%, 90% and 80% straight swing runes and a 1005 draw/fade rune with one press and its difficult to determine how long to hold down on the stick to give a full swing. The recording feature should help!

Drastic

anyone else having random Right Bumper presses on the controller after BETA update? I've just noticed this today...

bonefisher

I don't know but either battlefield4 nerfed a whole bunch of stuff or something could be looked at with the right bumper also because I can't run my auto spot on the RB without it shutting off. Had to put it on a tac and it works fine.

bonefisher

I just had another random Right Bumper press and didn't even have anything on the controller but a rapid fire.

odingalt

Staff member
Bonefisher would you set your rune public and tell me it's name, then I can make a copy into my private forge for analysis - don't edit it until I can get a copy.

bonefisher

Bonefisher would you set your rune public and tell me it's name, then I can make a copy into my private forge for analysis - don't edit it until I can get a copy.
BONE- Battlefield 4 rune pack! On the first page I put an Auto Spot on a tac which works fine. On the second page I put same Auto Spot on the RB which I always put there before update now shuts off after a second or so. I put in a flashing green light so you know it is on. Also last night didn't even was running anything but a rapid fire and I had it on the table not touching it while looking at some runes heard the RB flash up on the screen..

Drastic

yeah its a odd occurrence for sure. lol hope it can get fixed? :D

[EDIT]
so i disregarded this because i thought it would sort it self out but.... when i have 3 pages on my controller, synced up to Forge reboot into 'play' mode the controller is set on page two for some reason and not page one... just thought i'd share!

Last edited:

bonefisher

Something definitely going on somewhere. While playing BF4 something would shut my rapid fire off for a split second while I was shooting someone and end up dead. IDK! I'll mess with it tomorrow some more. If you find anything Odin let me know.

joec0x

ive been hsving weird things happen on the older firmware even, ive my chat turn off and back on, screeching then a power off, random movements like strafes and spazzy look arounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.