Viking360 = ZERO support after they have your money...

steve

I have respect for you and applaud you for your rapidfire controller and ideas which I believe were a major influence on this project along with your released code. With that being said...

Hazer said:
SO Steve, you are disgruntled because why?

I am an upset customer because my emails/threads have gone unanswered when ideas are supposed to be welcomed around here.

Hazer said:
"I bought a product which claimed that said it came with presets for life".

yes...

Hazer said:
And has the free support stopped?

More like put on hold for 5 months... I understand the logic and that this is a business... get your product out to start making money... but leaving existing customers on the way side during this time period is unacceptable for this long.

Hazer said:
No, you said so yourself you see the development of the customer-accessable editor. So its not that you are not recieving the support you say has been neglected, its that you are not recieving it fast enough.

Would you be upset if you purchased a product with updates and all your emails and threads went unawsered for this long? 5 months is rediculous...

Then after the 5 month wait.. we have the same thing we had before.. but can change the order and speed.

Hazer said:
I guess you should go get teh mod out there that offers free support.......Please tell us where that is?

This was the reason I chose this company.. updates for life right??? I love how the repitious answer to these concerns return with a... show us another shop that does it.. yada yada.. yet I remember seeing... Have a preset idea we don't have.. let us KNOW!

We all purchased this controller because THIS shop stands behind updating it!... right?

hazer said:
Oh, I'm sorry. You dont really want that.

yes I want NEW presets or I'd like to make them myself.

hazer said:
You want the source

Honestly, I really don't have that much free time for this controller and would rather the company I paid money do it for me. The problem here is I am not getting support for things I want to see in this controller. So what else am I to do? You tell me. If you think I'm here to rip your idea off and sell my own controllers.. then you are accusing me of something I have no intention of doing. I would appreciate you not trying to discredit my statements with such accusations...

hazer said:
because you yourself are a BSCS.

I don't understand why my education is being inspected under a microscope here. Do I really need to scan my degree and photoshop out my name so I can be believed/trusted on these forums? Is that what it takes?

hazer said:
"People rip off the Iphone, they should be able to rip you off too". Really Steve?

Rip off the iphone? Do you know what a jailbroken iphone allows? I own this controller just as I own my iphone (and still have my service through ATT). I wanted full access to my phone to be able to do things that apple didn't incorporate into the software... so I jailbroke it with george's prog. Just like I want access to my controller which I own. This has nothing to do with ripping anything off. Who am I hurting? I still buy apple apps... just like I bought this controller. I can change options and create software which makes my life easier... as would presets I would like for my controller... to make my gaming easier... the reason we all HAVE a modded controller.

hazer said:
I have a better solution. You say you want custom presets, and that you want Od to release the code for you to do that. OK. The code thats being protected is the bootloader. If he gave you that, you would still have to write your own hex code to download to the chip. So why dont you write that for us? Send it in to Od in C format, and he can fit it into the bootloader format and everyone can benefit from it. By your logic, you say you want the ability to make the preset glitch code yourself. Whats stopping you?

I have emailed OD about changing one or two things on presets he has on hand.. I couldn't even get an email reply for that. If I thought I could get a reply writing my own code I would have.

hazer said:
You dont need the source code to write rapidfire. The pinout is simple enough to determine just from the pictures of the product. There is nothing Od could give you that would help you write your own code. The only thing he can give you is the info on how to clone the chip.

read above already answered...

hazer said:
I would hate to think that is the only thing your asking for Steve.

assuming makes an ass out of you and me...

hazer said:
You are correct that the steady stream of glitch codes has been slim lately.

ya think??

hazer said:
But you know full well that all that time has been dedicated to the editor.

Five months to write that?? I hope this isn't serious...

hazer said:
Every free support item has been prioritized by customer demand. Most of the customers want the editor for the exact same claim you are tring to make. Majority rules.

I guess being able to change mode order > new glitches...?

hazer said:
So Steve, you could now please tell us which glitches/presets for MW2 have been missing? You keep avoiding that question, the rest of us would like to know what they are. Then everyone can say to Od: "Please postpone the editor so you can write this one extra stand-alone glitch".

For retail consoles...

A legit dropshot. pulling right trigger holds right stick for time to prone and fires. Which I know you are "working on".
quick scope. Same working on.

There is a whole demographic of jtag users now.

- mode where X is held while right trigger is pulled. Mimic incorporated would be great as well.
- mode where holding B would rapidfire left trigger and rapid B at the same time with the left trigger having 2x speed of B for aimbot knifes across map. I can list client dvars for members running jtags.
- mode where holding right trigger would rapidfire both left and right trigger with left trigger's ROF 2x the right. this is for aimbot client dvars.
- I have tons of other glitches... shall I keep going?

Fredrow

Steve your a funny guy.......

I don't understand why my education is being inspected under a microscope here. Do I really need to scan my degree and photoshop out my name so I can be believed/trusted on these forums? Is that what it takes?

Because your the one that brought this point out first.

Honestly, I really don't have that much free time for this controller and would rather the company I paid money do it for me. The problem here is I am not getting support for things I want to see in this controller. So what else am I to do? You tell me. If you think I'm here to rip your idea off and sell my own controllers.. then you are accusing me of something I have no intention of doing. I would appreciate you not trying to discredit my statements with such accusations...

WOW.... Now you don't have time to write codes....hahaha..... What's wrong, has time really changed for you in the past couple days? When you first started this rant you said you wanted the source code so that you could write your own codes...... Your a funny little guy Steve.......

steve

Fredrow said:

[quote:2wr8sv4l]Honestly, I really don't have that much free time for this controller and would rather the company I paid money do it for me. The problem here is I am not getting support for things I want to see in this controller. So what else am I to do? You tell me. If you think I'm here to rip your idea off and sell my own controllers.. then you are accusing me of something I have no intention of doing. I would appreciate you not trying to discredit my statements with such accusations...

WOW.... Now you don't have time to write codes....hahaha..... What's wrong, has time really changed for you in the past couple days? When you first started this rant you said you wanted the source code so that you could write your own codes...... Your a funny little guy Steve.......[/quote:2wr8sv4l]

Maybe reading comprehension is tough for you... I said I don't REALLY have the time to write code for an xbox controller.. but if this company isn't providing support.. I'll write it myself..?

Leave the discussion to grown men before you make any more moronic statements like last night.. little guy

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yes, keep going about those glitches. I only have seen two of them in the forums, and the dropshot was done differently that apealed to more of the forum members than just you.

PS I looked through your posts with the post search tool, you can't lie about that.

viking360fan

steve said:
Fredrow said:

[quote:63fuq6n5]Honestly, I really don't have that much free time for this controller and would rather the company I paid money do it for me. The problem here is I am not getting support for things I want to see in this controller. So what else am I to do? You tell me. If you think I'm here to rip your idea off and sell my own controllers.. then you are accusing me of something I have no intention of doing. I would appreciate you not trying to discredit my statements with such accusations...

WOW.... Now you don't have time to write codes....hahaha..... What's wrong, has time really changed for you in the past couple days? When you first started this rant you said you wanted the source code so that you could write your own codes...... Your a funny little guy Steve.......

Maybe reading comprehension is tough for you... I said I don't REALLY have the time to write code for an xbox controller.. but if this company isn't providing support.. I'll write it myself..?

Leave the discussion to grown men before you make any more moronic statements like last night.. little guy[/quote:63fuq6n5]

fredrow is a grown guy you retard

Fredrow

Steve you only have 24 post on the forums. To me that seems like you haven't really tried that hard to spread your bright ideas for pre-sets.

steve

Fredrow said:
Steve you only have 24 post on the forums. To me that seems like you haven't really tried that hard to spread your bright ideas for pre-sets.

One can take a hint when emails aren't returned and threads, that have most likely been viewed by OD and company, are not even replied in or acknowledged. Would it be better to spam the shit out of the same topics to get my post count up to impress you?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You don't need to spam anything to get your posts up. Just be a productive forum member. Talk to people, offer your ideas, help out newbies etc. And you didn't spread your ideas on the forum. Only 2 things in your list are on the forums.

steve

PS3andCOD said:
You don't need to spam anything to get your posts up. Just be a productive forum member. Talk to people, offer your ideas, help out newbies etc. And you didn't spread your ideas on the forum. Only 2 things in your list are on the forums.

Mr. Common Sense says... if you post one thing and it gets ignored... then post another thing and it gets ignored... then email and it gets ignored... then email again and it gets ignored... maybe I should try another avenue. So here we are...

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Odingalt has been busy. He hasn't responded to everything latley, because he didn't have time. He usually does the tech support threads every couplr days. Also, you just posted the J-tag thread like two days ago. There hasn't been much time to respond, and he's been doing the final push for the preset editor, out this weekend. Free updates for life means for new games and patches, not absolutely everything you can think of. He simply doesn't have time to do something brand new for everyone who asks.

IrishStyle

As the other members have said all of Odins efforts are being poured into the preset editor. You have a valid point about the presets but take into account the editor development. Alot of time is spent on that, when before it was spent on cranking out presets for us. I said it before, we all got spoiled by Odin making a preset everytime we suggested one. The source codes are what make Viking what it is and cannot be released.

Fredrow

IrishStyle said:
As the other members have said all of Odins efforts are being poured into the preset editor. You have a valid point about the presets but take into account the editor development. Alot of time is spent on that, when before it was spent on cranking out presets for us. I said it before, we all got spoiled by Odin making a preset everytime we suggested one. The source codes are what make Viking what it is and cannot be released.

I just wanted to let you know that Steve is going to come back and make a comment about the source code. Just had to drop that in so when he does make the post about it he wont sound like such a jerk....

Itz CHARLEY

Hmm..., okay. so you are complaining that you are not getting your moneys worth out of this controller because there has been a large gap in preset releases. Sure there has been a large gap and I do not belive it is because Odin has no time because of the preset editor. I don't know much about coding but I'm sure it takes a while to make things like the preset editor, but there is really nothing left to do with MW2. have you noticed that Modern Warfare 2 came out around 6 months ago and there has been a 5 month gap? Its not like Odin is being slow, it is that when MW2 came out Odin made presets, people were happy, and no one was complaining about not having an update.

Now you are asking for Aimbot mods.
Really? Im pretty sure that if you are using an aimbot you are either in drug rehab or you have no fingers. You want a mod to put on top of your aimbot so that you can press the right trigger once, set your controller down, take your dog for a walk, play 18 holes of golf, visit your grandma, pick up your dry cleaning, take trip to Rome, take a nap, run a marathon, color a coloring book, eat a Big Mac, clean out your basement, read Moby Dick, go to Wal-Mart, make a poem, go skydiving, go camping, become a citizen of the U.S., play solitaire, knit a sweater, fly a kite, OD and pass out, grow tomatoes in your yard, kick a dog, have a car wreck, read all of the books in Oprah's book club, climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, bake cookies, procrastinate, go to the zoo, make angry posts on Viking, eat dinner, and have beaten every single MLG in the world!!?
Do your REALLY need this? or do you just need a beak from XBox? because you cant be serious.

odingalt

Staff member
steve said:
For retail consoles...

A legit dropshot. pulling right trigger holds right stick for time to prone and fires. Which I know you are "working on".
quick scope. Same working on.

Unfortunately the Viking controller cannot hold the right stick for you. This is a bug in our microcontroller going way back to the beginning July 2009. Microchip corp screwed us - their data sheet lists certain I/O pins, but they later released an errata claiming two of their pints were indeed NOT I/O (input/output), but only input. They end up being the "button A" on the Thor's Hammer, and the "button A" and "Right Thumbstick press" on the Odin's Raven.

So you'd have to use the layout where the B button is the prone button, this the controller can do. As soon as you pull the right trigger, your character will start firing - the mod chip can't stop this. So the character will always fire one shot while he is proning. Unless you map the function to one of the tactile switches, then you can have total control over the timing between when the guy prones and when the guy begins firing. You have a hammer which means you don't have a tactile switch, which means we'd have to map the function to another button. How long do you want the guy to automatically fire for after proning? Is this for full autos, or do you also need the ability for the controller to automatically rapidfire for a certain period of time?

steve said:
There is a whole demographic of jtag users now.

And there's a whole bigger demographic of non-jtaggers. These requests are generally going to start out at the bottom of my priority list.

steve said:
- mode where X is held while right trigger is pulled. Mimic incorporated would be great as well.

Do-able. We have something similar in the zombie driver. What does this accomplish on a modded console out of curiosity?

steve said:
- mode where holding B would rapidfire left trigger and rapid B at the same time with the left trigger having 2x speed of B for aimbot knifes across map. I can list client dvars for members running jtags.

Not do-able as described. If you hold down the B button, this overrides the mod chip (i.e. while you are holding down the B button you are basically holding a switch to ground and there is nothing the mod chip can do to overcome this). It would be easier to map this to another button such as tactile switch. Or start the process by tapping B and ending the process by tapping another button.

steve said:
- mode where holding right trigger would rapidfire both left and right trigger with left trigger's ROF 2x the right. this is for aimbot client dvars.

Do-able.

steve said:
- I have tons of other glitches... shall I keep going?

Hells yeah, I love to hear new ideas! I'm not a very creative fellow. If nobody ever floated ideas around here, I'd still be banging two rocks together trying to discover fire.

Steve, I think what you are asking for is a macro editor, correct? This too is in the works, but unfortunately that's another 4 month project. Likely we will not release a macro editor for the Tyr's Hand, Thor's Hammer or Odin's Raven controllers. There will most definitely be a macro editor available for the nextgen Valhalla project.

I don't see anywhere on the home page where we advertised the Viking360 comes with a macro editor... That's what you really need here. That type of project is actually more complex than the custom preset editor. I can definitely see now why you need source code lol. Otherwise you need us to provide some sort of macro editor. In all reality, you've got the wrong controller for the macros you want, you realy need something with extra tac switches installed for initiating macro playback.

odingalt

Staff member
Itz CHARLEY said:
Hmm..., okay. so you are complaining that you are not getting your moneys worth out of this controller because there has been a large gap in preset releases. Sure there has been a large gap and I do not belive it is because Odin has no time because of the preset editor. I don't know much about coding but I'm sure it takes a while to make things like the preset editor, but there is really nothing left to do with MW2. have you noticed that Modern Warfare 2 came out around 6 months ago and there has been a 5 month gap? Its not like Odin is being slow, it is that when MW2 came out Odin made presets, people were happy, and no one was complaining about not having an update.

Now you are asking for Aimbot mods.
Really? Im pretty sure that if you are using an aimbot you are either in drug rehab or you have no fingers. You want a mod to put on top of your aimbot so that you can press the right trigger once, set your controller down, take your dog for a walk, play 18 holes of golf, visit your grandma, pick up your dry cleaning, take trip to Rome, take a nap, run a marathon, color a coloring book, eat a Big Mac, clean out your basement, read Moby Dick, go to Wal-Mart, make a poem, go skydiving, go camping, become a citizen of the U.S., play solitaire, knit a sweater, fly a kite, OD and pass out, grow tomatoes in your yard, kick a dog, have a car wreck, read all of the books in Oprah's book club, climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, bake cookies, procrastinate, go to the zoo, make angry posts on Viking, eat dinner, and have beaten every single MLG in the world!!?
Do your REALLY need this? or do you just need a beak from XBox? because you cant be serious.

I love you Charley.

Honestly Steve, it would be easier if you were to team up with somebody that can teach you how to illegally modify the microsoft signed code so the aimbots will be activated in the way you describe without even using a modded controller. Of if you don't have the info to do the coding on your own, if you have some patience, no doubt the people releasing the aimbots patched discs (or whatever it is called) for JTAG'ed consoles will be releasing bigger and badder aimbots for you. IMO you are approaching this by taking the more difficult path.

Based on your expectations of Viking360, there is no doubt you could pay the people writing the aimbots $119 and they'll get right on that for you?

Krier023

Useful Poster
Also you said you can code. If you cant code an aimbot that is 30 lines at most for a jtag then you definitely wouldnt be able to code the kind of stuff odingalt does. Jtag lines are pretty much copy and paste and you cant even make an aimbot do what you want.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I think that the most important thing to remember is that "Free updates for life" is not the same as "Free slave labour making whatever you want whenever you want it for life". Odingalt has a life outside of viking 360, and you can't expect him to give it up to make more presets.