What's the point of all the features if... (My Viking Experience)

NYjetsNY1

I have tried fully charged batteries, I reinstalled the firmware, and reloaded different types of macro sets, my macros work, just nothing to do with rapid fire.

Not a surprise but whatever. Also my controller doesn't charge with my PnC, and the PnC is functional. I'm refused a repair, so any troubleshooting ideas?

What is this the 5th time you broke your controller? This is obviously not our fault. If you break your controller 5 times, it HAS to be user-error.

Please stop breaking your controllers.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
What is this the 5th time you broke your controller? This is obviously not our fault. If you break your controller 5 times, it HAS to be user-error.

Please stop breaking your controllers.
Jesus H. Christ bro come on, try using it on a different computer, you could have a worm on your computer. If you do the worm will attack and destroy anything with any type of memory or hard drive. The Macro Controller has the 1 MB HD so why not using a different computer and formatting yours.

dudesikoff

Well that's impossible because about three weeks ago my 0 sector on my hard drive took a poop. So I got a new hard drive, and lost my data, so there can't be a worm on my computer.

Just to let you guys know, I managed to get my rapid fire working, I re-installed the firmware, and it seems to work. I do however still have the problem where the controller won't charge. and the PnC works fine I tested with a diff controller. Also my first LED is much darker than the rest, which was an improper assembly. because it arrived in that state.

Seems that NYJets wants to silence me, closing my threads when I'm requesting troubleshooting, but thank god I got it working.

NYjetsNY1

Well that's impossible because about three weeks ago my 0 sector on my hard drive took a poop. So I got a new hard drive, and lost my data, so there can't be a worm on my computer.

Just to let you guys know, I managed to get my rapid fire working, I re-installed the firmware, and it seems to work. I do however still have the problem where the controller won't charge. and the PnC works fine I tested with a diff controller. Also my first LED is much darker than the rest, which was an improper assembly. because it arrived in that state.

Seems that NYJets wants to silence me, closing my threads when I'm requesting troubleshooting, but thank god I got it working.

Sorry, it just seems like you are breaking your controllers and putting the blame on viking. Guess this is not the case.

odingalt

Staff member
I don't think Jets was closing your posts? Every time I saw you start a new thread about your controller, I merged it with this one. I do this any time a customers creates multiple posts about the same issue. (Or when multiple customers start multiple threads about the same issue).

dudesikoff

Okay well that makes more sense then, I was a bit confused.

@Jets You seem to be a firm believer that I am breaking these controllers, and you have every right to believe it, but I would not be fighting this hard and voicing this if I was breaking these controllers. I'm fighting a losing battle, and if I was in the wrong I would have given up long ago. Keep in mind my controller arrived DOA once and once with a defective 1st LED. Today is my birthday so who knows maybe I will get some luck and get a final repair so I can have a fully functional controller at last.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Okay well that makes more sense then, I was a bit confused.

@Jets You seem to be a firm believer that I am breaking these controllers, and you have every right to believe it, but I would not be fighting this hard and voicing this if I was breaking these controllers. I'm fighting a losing battle, and if I was in the wrong I would have given up long ago. Keep in mind my controller arrived DOA once and once with a defective 1st LED. Today is my birthday so who knows maybe I will get some luck and get a final repair so I can have a fully functional controller at last.
Just give him one more repair but make him pay shipping and for the repair... If anything happens again just cut him off. That's what I would do.

NYjetsNY1

Just give him one more repair but make him pay shipping and for the repair... If anything happens again just cut him off. That's what I would do.

Yes but I believe this is the 5th repair? Correct me if I'm wrong - but will a 6th repair even help? I believe it'll just break again (as no other customer has ever sent back the controller more than twice, and VERY few have even sent it back. Extremely rare to have to send it back more than once, but over 4 times that is absolutely ridiculous!)

dudesikoff

Okay so here is what's happening, I'm sending the controller back to get the LED board fixed, as this problem was fresh out of the box. If they choose to try and fix the charging problem that would be great, if not I guess I can understand. However when I do get my controller back I will be recording the unboxing, initial turn on, and programming.

@Jets, when I get this controller back, should I install the firmware, I would imagine I don't have to, and I never have installed the firmware to my controller upon receiving it. Or do all I have to do, is put it into programming mode, program my set onto my controller, and go play? Be as specific as possible, so I can run through the process given to me by a Tech.

NYjetsNY1

Okay so here is what's happening, I'm sending the controller back to get the LED board fixed, as this problem was fresh out of the box. If they choose to try and fix the charging problem that would be great, if not I guess I can understand. However when I do get my controller back I will be recording the unboxing, initial turn on, and programming.

@Jets, when I get this controller back, should I install the firmware, I would imagine I don't have to, and I never have installed the firmware to my controller upon receiving it. Or do all I have to do, is put it into programming mode, program my set onto my controller, and go play? Be as specific as possible, so I can run through the process given to me by a Tech.

Put it into programming mode by using Fresh AA Batteries, and hold start. Put the set on the controller, and do not remove the controller before it is done syncing macros.