Blackops II YY = Jitter is back?

God

This is indeed a good point about the new code of conduct updates etc.

As far as I know, modded controllers are still just an accessory mod - and since you aren't modifying the game code itself, you cannot get banned for it.

However, there is always the chance that somehow if you constantly get 'mod-blocked' over and over, you get banned on the game-itself (only banned on multiplayer of Black Ops 2 not banned over Xbox live).

Once again though, this is EXTREMELY unlikely. The amount of modded controllers used in Call of Duty games is staggering; there is no way 3arch would ban people over the use of modded controllers in my opinion.

Once again it says right on the website - "Viking360.com does NOT support or endorse the use of these controllers on XBOX Live."

Only time will tell of course, but in my professional opinion, there is simply no way that 3arc would ban over modded controllers. In Call of Duty WAW, I could get mod-blocked without a mod because I could shoot that fast. My friends too. If 3arc banned over that, I would be banned for NO reason.

So once again, the worry is always there, but shouldn't be a problem.
Even so, best be cautious in the first weeks of Black Ops 2. I am going to see if anyone else gets banned before I use any macros, and even then I am going to make sure that the macros I use won't mod block me.

I will PM you.

Will you PM me too? I'd be interested to hear.

Apex NuGz

Unsupported Peripheral Devices & Applications

Any user who utilizes an unsupported external hardware device or application to interact with the game is subject to penalty. Unsupported peripheral devices and applications include but are not limited to modded controllers, IP flooders and lag switches.

Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset and will have their leaderboard entries deleted. Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

---

Some people, mainly Jets, thinks that maybe this is just a scare tactic because a lot of people use them. I wonder if maybe they are going to be stricter on modding or if that fails, put lower and lower fire rates into the game. Evidentially, 3arc will most likely use the community report feature to police modders.

END QUOTE FROM "GOD"

. i posted this because im not sure if you all know, but that is in the Black Ops 2 CoC. i'm afraid rapidfire is ending.. jitter mods etc. cuz of 3arch having a stick up there a**.
but Odingalt, how does humanized rapidfire work, - not trying to sound stupid, but are you saying trigger tap.? or using the macro software to alter the rapidfire to make it not seem totally like a mod?

NYjetsNY1

Might be time to start using humanized raipdfire.

Indeed!

Unsupported Peripheral Devices & Applications

Any user who utilizes an unsupported external hardware device or application to interact with the game is subject to penalty. Unsupported peripheral devices and applications include but are not limited to modded controllers, IP flooders and lag switches.

Minor offense: User will be temporarily banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset and will have their leaderboard entries deleted. Extreme or repeat offenses: User will be permanently banned from playing the game online, will have their stats & emblems reset, and will be blocked permanently from appearing in leaderboards.

---

Some people, mainly Jets, thinks that maybe this is just a scare tactic because a lot of people use them. I wonder if maybe they are going to be stricter on modding or if that fails, put lower and lower fire rates into the game. Evidentially, 3arc will most likely use the community report feature to police modders.

Once again only time will tell.

This isn't actually a change. It has always been this way so I've heard. Lag switches/IP flooding I heard was in fact ban-able, however, modded controllers aren't.

The problem has always been 'proof.' Microsoft can't get the proof that you are using a modded controller since you aren't modifying the game code. You just are allowing your controller to do button sequences that may or may not be humanly possible. They've never been able to really ban for it unless they somehow actually videoed you using the modded controller while you are playing black ops 2 for example, which would violate rights and be illegal and thus they can't. I also want to say that if you use an extremely inhumanlike-type rapid-fire constantly and consistantly - there is some slight chance the game could detect it and with enough proof have you banned. However let me also say this has NEVER happened before. But let me not digress too much. My point is that I believe this call of duty will still be moddable and also won't ban you for using a modded controller. But in case of banning or inability to use modded controllers online - "Viking360.com does NOT support or endorse the use of these controllers on XBOX Live." However I believe we will still do what is in our power to try to make the best mod and the most unbanable mod if you will.

How does humanized rapidfire work?

Short answer: Using the macro software to alter the rapidfire to make it not seem totally like a mod.

This pretty much.

Last edited by a moderator:

odingalt

Staff member
Exactly.

I'm saying that there are some gamers out there with very fast fingers. I know guys that can can almost shoot 10 sps with their bare finger. Even you "double up" and get the rhythm down I know guys that aren't that talented (myself included) that can max out on MW3 by using two fingers on the right trigger.

We are the only mod shop that has put a digital-to-analog converter chip to control the voltage that our modchip outputs to the trigger. It costs us more money to build our modchips, but hey, that's what Viking does - we put more technology into your controllers than the other guys.

Long story short, the other guys have controllers that output not only invalid voltages onto the triggers, which are totally detectable by Microsoft, this also results in a totally unnatural pattern that is sent to the game engine. Other guys rapidfire:

_____|--------|________|-------

Imagine somebody slamming the trigger down, then releasing it really hard, then slamming it down again. On top of that, the other guys use a 50/50 rapidfire duty cycle (except for World at War rapidfire). Nobody shoots like this in real life. If a real finger were to shoot fast, it would look more like a sinusoidal type smooth waveform, and it wouldn't be a perfect 50/50:

__-/^---^\-____-/---^^^---\-\--\____

i know this is pretty cryptic what I am trying to draw here, but I hope you get the point. Ragnarok and also the Macro Controller have a digital-to-analog chip. You can use the Macro to create your own humanized rapidfire that looks more like a fluid trigger pull and also can simulate that "feather finger" affect that real gamers use. If the game developers ban macro customers using humanized feathered rapidfire, they would also end up banning a lot of pro gramers -- there's no way to tell the difference between a good humanized rapidfire macro and a real human being that's just good.

As far as Ragnarok, well, that's something I would have to "hard code" as a driver update, it could take some time. I never unlocked the full potential of the Ragnarok modchip, yet. We'll just have to wait and see what happens when BO2 is released.

NYjetsNY1

Exactly.

I'm saying that there are some gamers out there with very fast fingers. I know guys that can can almost shoot 10 sps with their bare finger. Even you "double up" and get the rhythm down I know guys that aren't that talented (myself included) that can max out on MW3 by using two fingers on the right trigger.

We are the only mod shop that has put a digital-to-analog converter chip to control the voltage that our modchip outputs to the trigger. It costs us more money to build our modchips, but hey, that's what Viking does - we put more technology into your controllers than the other guys.

Long story short, the other guys have controllers that output not only invalid voltages onto the triggers, which are totally detectable by Microsoft, this also results in a totally unnatural pattern that is sent to the game engine. Other guys rapidfire:

_____|--------|________|-------

Imagine somebody slamming the trigger down, then releasing it really hard, then slamming it down again. On top of that, the other guys use a 50/50 rapidfire duty cycle (except for World at War rapidfire). Nobody shoots like this in real life. If a real finger were to shoot fast, it would look more like a sinusoidal type smooth waveform, and it wouldn't be a perfect 50/50:

__-/^---^\-____-/---^^^---\-\--\____

i know this is pretty cryptic what I am trying to draw here, but I hope you get the point. Ragnarok and also the Macro Controller have a digital-to-analog chip. You can use the Macro to create your own humanized rapidfire that looks more like a fluid trigger pull and also can simulate that "feather finger" affect that real gamers use. If the game developers ban macro customers using humanized feathered rapidfire, they would also end up banning a lot of pro gramers -- there's no way to tell the difference between a good humanized rapidfire macro and a real human being that's just good.

As far as Ragnarok, well, that's something I would have to "hard code" as a driver update, it could take some time. I never unlocked the full potential of the Ragnarok modchip, yet. We'll just have to wait and see what happens when BO2 is released.

Thanks for the information. As far as the difficulty in creating macros for "humanized-rapid-fire" it is not difficult. However, the more imperfections the better. The more inexactness and more-human like, the less chance for it to be detected by the game. It may be useful to have changing-humanized-rapid-fires, such as page 1 using one version of a humanized rapid fire, and then page 2 using a different version (still similar speeds) to make it even more seemingly human-like.

odingalt

Staff member
Small update to my post, Viking Legacy controllers (Hammer, Raven and Hand) have the robotic rapidfire. There's nothing that can change this short of modifying both the hardware and software (basically would require a whole re-design - which we already did in the Ragnarok). Ragnarok was supposed to be the "next gen" modchip to replace the legacy controllers. I was trying to look ahead and I designed it so I added that digital-to-analog converter chip to it. But customers love the legacy controllers so much we brought 'em back :).

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Yea i was thinking about doing a humanized rapid fire by just recording my fastest trigger finger and maybe slightly tweaking the speed multiplier up a couple notches to get a good humanized sps. That way there would be a more realistic trigger featherd rapid fire that "if detected" would look like a real trigger finger.

Last edited:

God

The problem has always been 'proof.' Microsoft can't get the proof that you are using a modded controller since you aren't modifying the game code. You just are allowing your controller to do button sequences that may or may not be humanly possible. They've never been able to really ban for it unless they somehow actually videoed you using the modded controller while you are playing black ops 2 for example, which would violate rights and be illegal and thus they can't. I also want to say that if you use an extremely inhumanlike-type rapid-fire constantly and consistantly - there is some slight chance the game could detect it and with enough proof have you banned. However let me also say this has NEVER happened before. But let me not digress too much.

Apparrently, every game you play will be recorded via 3arc servers. So technically, all they have to do is look into your previous games, and if you are using a jitter mod they would know. I can only assume that they could get past the legality of it with their terms of service.

xtharp95x

jitter works in black ops just use the macros from black ops 1 my cuzn got the game early and i used the controller to play it but rapid fire doesnt work it shoots slower than you finger and the FN FAL is now an automatic

NYjetsNY1

jitter works in black ops just use the macros from black ops 1 my cuzn got the game early and i used the controller to play it but rapid fire doesnt work it shoots slower than you finger and the FN FAL is now an automatic

No there is a semi-auto FAL.

Rapid-fire is in the game, just harder to beat the mod-block.