Broken Controller Need repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrow

Well thanks for putting the time in to make a video about your problems....

Now I need you to do this correctly this time....... (also I thought you said the SYNC button was broken and you couldn't get your controller into programming mode???)

After you flashed the button test code, you forgot to take the battery pack out of the controller and re-insert it back into the controller. Because the way you did it in the video is probably why the LEDs were flashing when you weren't pressing any buttons.....

Fredrow

Fredrow said:
Well thanks for putting the time in to make a video about your problems....

Now I need you to do this correctly this time....... (also I thought you said the SYNC button was broken and you couldn't get your controller into programming mode???)

After you flashed the button test code, you forgot to take the battery pack out of the controller and re-insert it back into the controller. Because the way you did it in the video is probably why the LEDs were flashing when you weren't pressing any buttons.....

After watching your video again, I see that you have a hard time following directions! hahaha.....

Can you please do these exact steps then report back....(and do them right this time, I'm really trying to help you out here; but I need you to follow directions)

Do this for me,

Go and download the 'Thor's Hammer: Button Test Code'

First find out what type of 360 controller PCB you have, either a CG or CG2 board.... If you do not know how to tell please tell me quickly so I can post img of how to tell the difference.....

get fresh AA batteries puck into the controller. Take the battery pack out and hold down the guide button and the SYNC button while still holding them down insert the battery pack into the controller. This should put your controller into programming mode...Right??

Connect the controller to your PC, either by pNc or 3.5mm jack option (whichever you have)

Now with the HID-bootloader open it should say "device detected and connected"

Now do these next steps in the exact order that I'm going to list them..... Cool???... Sweet....

Press the button that says; "Erase Device"...... (remember not to press anything until the bootloader has said the process is complete)

Now, remember when I asked you what 360 controller PCB you have? This is where that comes in handy now. If you have a CG board, then go on to the next step.. But if you have the CG2 PCB you need to check the box that says "Allow Configuration Word Programming"

Next press the button that says "Open Hex File" and load the button test code you just DL.....

Then press 'Program/Verify' button and again don't press anything until the bootloader has completed the flashing process....

When done flashing, press 'Reset Device' button and disconnect the controller from your PC (just a heads up your LEDs may flash during this, that is not a bad thing)

Finally pull the battery pack out and then put it back into the controller and power the controller on and report back with the results from the button test code...... Please......

THOR'S HAMMER BUTTON TEST CODE

LEFT STICK = LED-4 (blink 1x)
LEFT BUMPER = LED-4 (blink 2x)
RIGHT BUMPER = LED-4 (blink 3x)
RIGHT STICK = LED-4 (blink 4x)
X = LED-3 (blink 1x)
Y = LED-3 (blink 2x)
B = LED-3 (blink 3x)
A = LED-3 (blink 4x)
LEFT TRIGGER = LED-3 (blink 1x) then LED-4 (blink 1x)
RIGHT TRIGGER = LED-3 (blink 1x) then LED-4 (blink 1x) then repeats.
SYNC = LED-4 (blink 5x)

fitz0596

yes sorry It was late at night my music was the only thing keeping me up but I will in a couple of mins
and its always flashed like the that but i will redo i will follow the steps you posted exactly

fitz0596

Yea i just redid and the led was still blinking i took out the batteries and everything I followed those steps exactly

odingalt

Staff member
Send me a PM to get our shop's address, we can take a look at it for free if you're willing to just pay the shipping both ways??

E

fitz0596

Wont turn on or go into program mode

Well i tired posting on a thread but it seems that noone seemed to help me much
controller worked when I got it
I just got it today
Tired loading a .vks macro off the libray and the leds disappeared now if leds come on it player 1 and 4
It wont go in to programming mode new batteries in it
PLease help me

NYjetsNY1

Re: Wont turn on or go into program mode

Alright... Make sure you are using fresh batteries.

With no batteries in, Hold start. Put in the fresh batteries while still holding start.

Repeat until you are in programming mode. This is when your LED 1 / 4 is pink/white.

Now plug the play and charge kit into the controller. Then plug it into the computer.

Make sure you use the software while the firmware program is NOT ON, and vise versa.

fitz0596

do you have team viewer I did this any time the light are that color I have a cam to show u though teamviewer

NYjetsNY1

fitz0596 said:
do you have team viewer I did this any time the light are that color I have a cam to show u though teamviewer

Yeah PM me your id and password. I'll teamviewer you.

fitz0596

Alright i saw u kinda connect but failed
but yes it worked today when i pulled it out of the box I was doing a game play film with unboxing and it stopped workin

NYjetsNY1

fitz0596 said:
but yes it worked today when i pulled it out of the box I was doing a game play film with unboxing and it stopped workin

Make a ticket.

odingalt

Staff member

fitz0596 said:

Did you do something stupid like try to load LEGACY drivers onto the MACRO controller? This will brick your controller every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.