Connection problems

bonefisher

Question: Is your computer close too your Xbox One? Try plugging both in with controller off then hitting LB+RB+ guide button to see if it connects and gets purple flashing lights......this is after you get password reset and with new app running.

odingalt

Staff member
Nope, if you hold the left bumper and hold the right bumper before powering up, at least one light should go purple. If it doesn't, something is wrong. Doesn't matter if you are on super old firmware or brand new firmware. The light should go at least one purple when it's in programming mode (and go all four purple when the USB cable is plugged in).

Start with controller powered off. Hold left and right bumpers and press guide button to power up. If a light doesn't go purple then I would send it in to the shop for diagnosis.

Nope, if you hold the left bumper and hold the right bumper before powering up, at least one light should go purple. If it doesn't, something is wrong. Doesn't matter if you are on super old firmware or brand new firmware. The light should go at least one purple when it's in programming mode (and go all four purple when the USB cable is plugged in).

Start with controller powered off. Hold left and right bumpers and press guide button to power up. If a light doesn't go purple then I would send it in to the shop for diagnosis.
The purple lights are on when the first USB is connected. The issue is when I connect the second USB

bonefisher

Let me ask you this: if your sitting at the computer with your Xbox one turned off. Can you turn on your xbox one from where your sitting with controller?