Controller Updater isnt working

okay so when i try to put a new file in controller and try to open the program it wont open it just ask for permission but never opens anyone know how to fix this?

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah that should be the correct app.

Is the controller going to sleep (guide button shutting off) while in the middle of programming? The XBOX One controller has power saving features - if it doesn't detect a console (wireless) or a windows PC (wired) it will go to sleep after about 45 seconds. To solve this, sync the controller to a nearby console or if a console isn't nearby, use a second USB cable to plug from the controller's charge port to your computer, this will keep the controller from going to sleep.

odingalt

Staff member
It's working for me. I'm on 10-6-2015 Windows app on Windows 7. I've also tried on OS X 10.9.5 with the 12-5-2015 OS X app. Both are working ok for me. I tried from my admin account but also from a dummy user account that I have set up.

Are you totally absolutely positively sure you are using the most recent version of the app??? I.e. completely delete all versions of the App on your computer, download the 10-6-2015 (Windows) or 12-5-2015 (OS X). It sounds a lot like somehow it's the old version of the app trying to connect to the old data servers that were shut down.

odingalt

Staff member
Is there any chance your firewall or virus scanner is blocking some of the activity of the app?

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for posting back your solution. I'm curious to do some testing to find out if all USB hubs cause this, or just particular makes/models.

JIM WALKER

Hi Odin, I have used multiple usb hubs, non of which have ever connected to the berserker, always have to connect directly to the pc usb.

odingalt

Staff member
Now the only question then is whether this is a problem with the firmware inside the Berserker, or with the app. I am leaning towards a problem with the app itself, due to the way it was developed.