Cornus X cross platform usb adapter!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
So i just got my cornus x and put it through the test. I can still use the functions of my modded controller and the cornus usb has a whole list of mods u can use on stock controllers. I can play my macro on PS3 and my PS3 ragnarok on XBOX. I can use a wii controller on both consoles and i can play keyboard and mouse on both consoles. Its a great cross platform adapter and its small,its just a usb flash drive. The built in mods are real nice to. I can do about as much as the ragnarok mods except jitter on BO2 but i dont really use them because I already have modded controllers. Im sure there come in handy if i decide to go PC on XBOX with my keyboard and mouse. I almost think it will be a little to unfair lol. Bottom line great buy! having a lot of fun with this. I love both thye PS3 controllers and Xbox controllers and being able to choose what platform to play them on is just awesome.

There are drawbacks though. U cant use your headsets to talk to people if your cross platforming controllers. Also if your using a macro controller if u try to run their mods it lights up the player 4 led on your controller. If u have a on/off led toggle on the player 4 led it wont work .(This only applies to that specific senario ). If you have a macro u dont need to run with there mods anyways. Now im going to have to go buy BO2 on PS3 so i can test my mods for BO2 (made for xbox) and see if the speeds are different. The servers are down on PS3 so I really couldent try a bunch of mods out but i tested some basic mods and they worked fine in MW3.

So if your looking for (in my opinion) the best cross platform adapter go buy the Cornus or the Cornus X. "Just remember" if u want to use wireless Xbox controllers u have to get a wireless adapter for it but dont worry they sell them as a add on bundle for only an additional $9.99. If you have a modded controller and u dont want their mods go for the Cornus and that will save u some money!

Last edited:

dekor8tor

hi white ordered mine from gamingmodz I ordered the cronus x but due to the snow in the uk it is being held at dhl should get it Monday now I have got the ragnarok usb for ps3 I will let you know how I get on

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

right on its a lot of fun. The mods on the cornus X are great. I got the standerd call of duty mod pack. They have a BO2 mod pack but i opted out on that cause I play multiple CODs and alot of the MW3 mods work on BO2 like the turboknifes. The only thing i dont have on there mod is the jitter mod for shotguns. Though the ragnarok takes care of all that! There jitter actually makes the M1A1 fire super fast but not very accurate. Yea if u got a xbox have fun playing your PS3 controller on it. I love it!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

This is so awesome. I can run soo many mods at once with this thing. I was using my PS3 ragnarok on my xbox 360 and running side shot (cornus), dropshot mode 2 (ragnarok), auto sprint always (cornus), full sniper breath (cornus) side note; when scoped in it stays on full breath then unscoped ill sprint just by holding forward on the joystick, Rapidfire or switch to jitter (ragnarok), turboknife (ragnarok) and fast reload (ragnarok). I can run all the ragnarok mods the same with the cornus but its way faster and eaiser to switch or shut off mods that are on the ragnarok. The mods on the cornus are running all the time but can shut them off fast. The only problem is it will shut all the mods off at once. There are also different mods the cornus has that the ragnarok dosent. It has sensitivity settings where u can drop shot or side step at full trigger pull or dont use them with half trigger pull. U can also change the format of the controlls from bumpers to triggers or make your joysticks a lefty by switching the right sticks over to the left sticks and vise versa. Has every tactical layout possible as well. This is a great product that enhances the ragnarok with a bunch of new mods. Its like a super controller even with the macro controller it adds more punch. I would defenantly go with the Cornus X

JIM WALKER

Just got one in the post this morning....will have a play with it later today, looks brilliant so had to have one....will let you know what I think later..... thanks for this post and the info WHITE 4ND N3RDY....

So if I were to get this I could buy a macro controller and use all of the features on my ps3 just as if I were playing on an xbox and also when the new conoles come out will I be able to use the macro on either system?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

noonoo390 they have different mod packs u can scroll through and find the one u think will work for what u want.

topfisticuffs yes u can play the macro on the PS3. Everything worksgreat ive tested it and it works like it was made for that console. There are drawbacks though. U cant talk to people online through your headsets but u can still have your headsets on to hear whats going on. U can even program the usb flash drive to work with a keyboard or mouse as well if you have ever been a PC gammer. Its compatible with almost any controller. U can even use a wii controller on the Xbox or PS3.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Cornus X updateds need to know!

Hellow everyone for u people who bought the cornus x i have good news for u. If you go to http://www.cornusdevice.com U can go to downloads and download the latest firmware updete. I bought the COD mod pack for all COD games except BO2 and after I downloaded the new firmware update I got the BO2 mod pack and a forenza 4 pack. All u do is take your ps3 adapter and stick it in the small end in the PC programming port of the Cornus x and plug the other usb end into the computer. Go to downloads there be a link to download. After u download it to your desktop open your desktop and go to CORNUS CFG. In the far right top corner there is a small arrow and a tab that says check for FW update. Click on that and download it to your cornus device. Now u will have three mod packs. U can also use the cronus bull which lets u use your keyboard and mouse on your console. Another cool feature is they have complet button re-mapping where u can overide any stock button press and u can also change the sensitivity levels of any button or joystick for any controller on any console. U can also assign the controller settings and mod packs to the slots on your cornus device. U can have 9 different slots of custom settings. U really need to do this download if u want to unlock the full potentual of this product. I was just playin with the BO2 mod pack with there jitter and its a slow jitter but a big big plus is if u use the remmington u can aim in and jitter fire on target! Its fires just like the S12 shoutgun when you roll RF. The aim stays smooth looked in and the remmington fires 3 times faster than stock settings! Also there strafe settings is just beast with jitter. Check it out and download the latest firmware.

Jochemke

Sounds awesome but yet as you said a bit unfair :p. When your able to play with a keyboard and mouse and you are a decent pc gamer then you will have a big advantage when facing most of the people using standard ps3 controllers :p. Is it a good add-on to use with the programmable ps3 ragnarok?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Its a great add on. There are a couple of mods on it thats not on the ragnarok but not much more. Mainley if your looking for a cross platform adapter u might want it. I personally wouldent buy it if I had a PS3 ragnarok and just a ps3. I would only buy it if I were to use different brand controllers on different systems.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Do you need the adapter they sell to use your Xbox controller on PS3? They say you can't use it on PS3 without it.
it comes with everything u neex for PS3 to cross adapt. If u want to use a wireless xbox controller u have to buy a wireless usb sync adapter. They sell it as a add on for 9.99 also if u download there latest firmeware u get all the COD mod packs at no extra price.

odingalt

Staff member
Cronus / Controller Max doesn't have:

-The ability to work with wired headsets. (Bye bye wired headset, it's incompatible)
-An indicator on the face of controller to keep track of the mods you've loaded onto your controller
-A nice graphical user interface for entering your combos (you have to be a programming genius to use it)
-Awesome ergo paddle switches on the backside of the controller
-Extra mod switches on the top side of the controller too, for controlling mods without interfering with your stock buttons
-Guaranteed undetectability. Datel got owned, Controller Max suffers from the same risk as it's an unlicensed device
-The ability to run completely wireless (you either have to pair, or on PS4 I think it says you have to pair and stay paired all the time)

Cronus standard warranty: 90 days.
Viking standard warranty: 180 days.

Cronus licensed? No, runs unlicensed hardware.
Viking licensed? Yes, we only mod authentic, licensed Sony/Microsoft hardware.

Our product is more expensive for three main reasons: it's better; it maintains better compatibility (runs wireless 100% of the time, runs with wired Microsoft headsets); it maintains undetectability since we install our mods on the "analog" domain where Microsoft will never detect it. It's not easy to install mods on the analog side, it's very labor intensive, but we do it because we don't want to see you get banned from Live for modding or using unlicensed hardware. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/datel-controller-issue

Coming for Berserker:

-Android support.
-On-line "gamepack" sharing library so you can share your moves with your friends.
--- Double Post Merged, A moment ago ---
Thread of ControllerMAX staff buying a Viking Macro controller and reverse engineering our work:

http://controllermax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142684&page=2

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

That's pretty lame. I hope they are not smart enough to figure how to turn your software in script format.

These guys should be more into figuring out how to make these mods on their own rather than reverse engineering others work here in the forums.

Its funny too I see some guy wants to make the spas jitter I made in MW2. I posted this as free opensourse in acid mods before I even made this macro and I already posted all my work on my 12f683 chips in script format they could use.

I bought my cornus extream for cross platform purposes only. It has no macro support and I just wanted to use my macro controller on ps3.

What these guys are doing is just wrong. My mods are all my own creations and most macros I post in here now are made in script form and reversed egeneered to viking format from sethmods chip software. Weird irony me reverse engineering sethmod script software to viking software lol, even though its made by me from scratch!

They need to put their big boy pants on use their script software and figure it out themselves! My opinion.

JIM WALKER

My cronus max is in the bottom of a draw, never could figure how to right my own mod scripts for it, used it for several months with my macro on XB1, it did the job I wanted, but it cannot compare to the berserker or its build software, using others mods is ok, but prefer to make or tweak to suit my game, couldn't do that on the cronus ..... Viking all the way and forever .....

bonefisher

There most likely the robots signed in now that the new site catches so they can spy! That one name seems like I seen that one around here a while back! Using something different but the same ending!