Cornus X cross platform usb adapter!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I joined their forum spoke my peace but in reality there's not much we can do besides protecting who sees what mods we put out. I don't believe they will hijack all of our mods. I know everyone fears this. In reality we can replicate everything they put out as well. As of now I'm stepping back. Its not my battle and I spoke my peace.

bonefisher

You can't fix what they do is steal! No need on telling them anything or they will just want to do it more! The only way to fix this is to enter the PRIVATE WORLD with the RUNE PACKS!

nlnSilencenln

Has anyone used the xbox one wireless controller and ran it through the cronus to play on the xbox 360? I was wondering this because i was thinking of getting a berserker x one controller but want to make sure it will run on the 360 as well.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

You can't fix what they do is steal! No need on telling them anything or they will just want to do it more! The only way to fix this is to enter the PRIVATE WORLD with the RUNE PACKS!
That's pretty much what I mean when I say regulating on who sees your rune packs. That still dosent stop anyone from buying a berserker and using public or private runes to reverse engineer them. Nothing 100% private and u can't stop it even by this means.

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Here's a thought. Maybe odin can make a screen option when u share your ruins u can't see the rune editor. This way no one can see how its made. This would fix the re engineering equation out of the picture.

If u read through the whole thread u will see its not there intentions to "in my words" copy paste all vikings macros. It was a specific request for this particular macro. Only one admin took it to far when stating he should buy a macro and open a thread dedicated to reverse engineering macros upon request.

Its not their intentions to make these into mod packs and make money off viking mods. In reality probably only ten people would use this specific script. The other fact is they could just get a macro and run it through their g tuner software and it will configure the macro out automatically. There more or less doing this as a challenge.

It doesen't justify what they are doing by any means and by all means we could do the same to them. Its the same old story of others taking credit for others work regardless of how they justify it.

The only way to end it is to keep your work to yourself or take the building process out of the equation. Its as simple as that.

Me speaking my peace will have no difference in what people will do. Anyone can figure this out and exploit kit to their own needs! I feel at the same time in their own way they hold respect for what we do as well. After all viking pioneered the macro controller for mainstream gaming systems.

I was very polite and curtious to them and in no way was sparking any flame war and they were fair and comindible with what I had to say. I also never ever claimed to represent any one side. I came out as a neutral weighing in on both sides. They also recognized this and comminded me for my views.

It really comes down to the product at hand. Odin explains just how much more superior his product is by stating the facts in side by side comparisons of pros / cons and limitations of the cornus compaired to viking.

Last edited:

bonefisher

At lease they would have to buy one! Maybe when the runes come out for share that would be great if you could just put it in the conversations download and pick who you want having them! Actually only way you can see one is to buy a controller anyways! You get a first time code to get in the forge that they send you!

odingalt

Staff member
I found too many Cronus fanboys bashing Viking so I felt compelled to speak my mind as well. I've tried everything after 5 years in business, but about the only thing I can do is the same thing the competitors do - stretch and bend the truth, delete any posts or facebook messages from people who aren't Viking fanboys, and spend some time trolling the internet spamming the forums with praise for my own products :).

As fa as taking your guys' hard work, well, nothing we can do about that. Before Cronus it was Evil, before Evil it was somebody else. Everybody subs our forums and bookmarks our site to check out what's next. I could make a list of "firsts" (things Viking did first) but just wasting my breath.

PaulaTheKoala

This may be a little late but I'm posting it here for anyone who ends up finding this post and is consisting buying a CronusMAX.

I wanted to use my 360 Macro on the PS4 so I ended up buying one.
That same day, I did some research and found out that the software is outdated and the newer model is pirated.

Their new model is an old version with stolen firmware and software.
You can find more information on this article:

http://www.consoletuner.com/products/titan-one/copyright-authorship-and-ownership-notice/

If you know anyone who is considering buying a CronusMAX or has one, let them know about this.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I went back and re-read this thread. How do you guys feel about a user hiding their runes from viewing/editing? Basically the user could publish to the public library, but they would set a flag to lock the rune to prevent it from being viewable/editable?

bonefisher

The option would be great that you could do that.... Long as if they could save it and use it as they want in there rune pack. Incase they want to move things around.

bonefisher

Also if your making changes in the forge.... maybe look into dialing in the scale better specially when zooming in having everything marked (each line) if possible and going to the thousands.