Gaming Headset Help!

Ducky

I have Astro A40's with the 5.8 Wireless Mixamp and I can honestly say they are the best. They have better sound quality then Trittons And Turtle Beaches even though they are wireless they sound exactly the same as the wired so it gives you wired headset sound quality with out having wires going across your floor.

Before someone calls me out and calls me a "Fanboy" I have owned a pair of Trittons and Turtle Beaches. I had the Tritton AX720''s which are alright but very cheapily made (they break easily even if you treat them with extreme care.)

Then for Turtle Beach I have had the PX5's and X41's and they both to me feel very plastic like and dont feel sturdy to me. And the wireless signal which they both run on is a 2.4 ghz frequency which is what most electronics run on like cordless phones, microwaves, ect. And I experienced a ton of interference with other devices causing the headphones to make a popping or staticy sound. Even though PX5's have the program-ability I would lose that any day with a headphone for exellent sound quality.

So I went with the A40's with the wireless mixamp and the sound quality is awesome and they are very comfortable and very well built. And the mixamp runs on a 5.8 ghz signal (Thats why they call it mixamp 5.8) And this is a frequency that not a lot of devices use so I haven't experienced any hissing or popping at all. And I am never going back to any other company besides Astro for headphones.

So if you have the money I would go with the A40's since the complete A40 sound system is the same price than the PX5's. Sure you lose the ability to program your headphones so you can adjust so some ques are louder than others but I don't see the need in that since you learn how to hear certain ques to pinpoint people easily with any headset that is Surround Sound So its not a big deal to have that feature anyways to me anyway.

And with Turtle Beach you choose good bass over crystal clear sound quality but with the A40's And the wireless mixamp you can have equal bass without giving up crystal clear sound quality because of the better isolation of the 2011 edition and the bass boost button on the 5.8 mixamp.

And Turtle Beach PX5 run on AA's and they go through them so fast every two days I had to put two new ones in but with the Astros I have the rechargeable battery pack which is $20 extra but they are worth it since they last way longer And you save more money than having to buy a new pack of battery's very frequently.

And the superman hearing preset is sooo annoying on Black Ops how it makes everything louder and on loud maps it get very annyoing how you can hear the train even louder which drowns out everything else. And with the footsteps preset it turns everything off except for the sound of footsteps which is a waste in my opinion because then you wouldn't be able to hear someone shooting at you across the map.

You guys can think what you want. I respect your opinion so please respect mine and I am not saying that you guys need to share the same opinion as mine.

- Put into paragraphs for you :)
/Ben

Okay So Which is the better headset the Astro A40 or Turtle Beach PX5 Cause Im Buying a new headset soon sometime this week or next week But Just Cant Decide Which One To Buy Help! :?:

dwayne_2010

Had x41's and px5's all i gota say is px5's suck because there not quality they just hurt your ears + head!
buy the astro a40 2011 edition very comfy better sound quality better build and better bass + hear ninja pro :D

LoveKillzSlowly

Ducky said:
I have Astro A40's with the 5.8 Wireless Mixamp and I can honestly say they are the best. They have better sound quality then Trittons And Turtle Beaches even though they are wireless they sound exactly the same as the wired so it gives you wired headset sound quality with out having wires going across your floor.

Before someone calls me out and calls me a "Fanboy" I have owned a pair of Trittons and Turtle Beaches. I had the Tritton AX720''s which are alright but very cheapily made (they break easily even if you treat them with extreme care.)

Then for Turtle Beach I have had the PX5's and X41's and they both to me feel very plastic like and dont feel sturdy to me. And the wireless signal which they both run on is a 2.4 ghz frequency which is what most electronics run on like cordless phones, microwaves, ect. And I experienced a ton of interference with other devices causing the headphones to make a popping or staticy sound. Even though PX5's have the program-ability I would lose that any day with a headphone for exellent sound quality.

So I went with the A40's with the wireless mixamp and the sound quality is awesome and they are very comfortable and very well built. And the mixamp runs on a 5.8 ghz signal (Thats why they call it mixamp 5.8) And this is a frequency that not a lot of devices use so I haven't experienced any hissing or popping at all. And I am never going back to any other company besides Astro for headphones.

So if you have the money I would go with the A40's since the complete A40 sound system is the same price than the PX5's. Sure you lose the ability to program your headphones so you can adjust so some ques are louder than others but I don't see the need in that since you learn how to hear certain ques to pinpoint people easily with any headset that is Surround Sound So its not a big deal to have that feature anyways to me anyway.

And with Turtle Beach you choose good bass over crystal clear sound quality but with the A40's And the wireless mixamp you can have equal bass without giving up crystal clear sound quality because of the better isolation of the 2011 edition and the bass boost button on the 5.8 mixamp.

And Turtle Beach PX5 run on AA's and they go through them so fast every two days I had to put two new ones in but with the Astros I have the rechargeable battery pack which is $20 extra but they are worth it since they last way longer And you save more money than having to buy a new pack of battery's very frequently.

And the superman hearing preset is sooo annoying on Black Ops how it makes everything louder and on loud maps it get very annyoing how you can hear the train even louder which drowns out everything else. And with the footsteps preset it turns everything off except for the sound of footsteps which is a waste in my opinion because then you wouldn't be able to hear someone shooting at you across the map.

You guys can think what you want. I respect your opinion so please respect mine and I am not saying that you guys need to share the same opinion as mine.

/Ben

You are comparing the A40s to the Tritton AX720's which people say are comparable, since they are both "simulated surround" aka fake surround sound.(Never owned the 720s). If you want to talk about sound quality, Astro A40s are s**t compared to Tritton AXPros. Here's a good video I came across about half a year ago comparing the gaming headsets - http://youtu.be/nKI65FHY9v8

@jayjoes between the two, I would go with the A40s because of the good quality build, though the sound quality is better on the PX5s but it still has "decent" sound. Turtlebeach=cheaply made. I would wait for the new Trittons since these will blow away the competition.

Ducky

LoveKillzSlowly said:
Ducky said:

/Ben

You are comparing the A40s to the Tritton AX720's which people say are comparable, since they are both "simulated surround" aka fake surround sound.(Never owned the 720s). If you want to talk about sound quality, Astro A40s are s**t compared to Tritton AXPros. Here's a good video I came across about half a year ago comparing the gaming headsets - http://youtu.be/nKI65FHY9v8

@jayjoes between the two, I would go with the A40s because of the good quality build, though the sound quality is better on the PX5s but it still has "decent" sound. Turtlebeach=cheaply made. I would wait for the new Trittons since these will blow away the competition.
Jayjoes go with the A40's definitely. And yes I was comparing these to the Ax720's not the pros. The pros have good sound quality but the bad thing is that because they are actual surround sound they cram 5 speakers into one earcup on both sides. And instead of using two great quality speakers for simulated they use 5 crappy quality speakers to have real simulated. If you like that thats cool but for me personally they are more likely to break and they muddy the sound to me anyways. And thank you ben for splitting up my post into paragraphs.

LoveKillzSlowly said:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/117/1172158p1.html
These will destroy the competition when they are released, can't wait to get my hands on them. Tritton improves their products with every release, from AX360s to AXPROS to these! I own all their previous headsets. I'm so diggin' that these are actually completely wireless, not like other turtle beach products that claim they are wireless but still have to plug the mic from the headset to the controller. There are 3 different models, (Detonator, Devastator, Warhead 7.1) but the Warhead 7.1 model are definitely the ones I am going to get. Allows users to seamlessly swap between two included battery packs for uninterrupted gameplay, play with one battery pack while the other one is charging simultaneously. All three headsets feature active voice monitoring, so you'll never find yourself shouting unnecessarily. Check out the video for more info.[/quote

Dude I checked these bad boys out and they look sick! So there are no official release date, only that they will be out this holiday season. Im gonna wait for these I just hope the get released before MW3!