halo reach problems random grenade toss

fathersin

I have Tyr's hand and have been playing the Halo Reach using the halo 3/odst settings but, I'm having some problems with my left trigger randomly throwing a grenade?! I'm not sure what is going on but, it just happens randomly I did the button test code everything checked out fine is anyone else having this problem?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

fathersin said:
I have Tyr's hand and have been playing the Halo Reach using the halo 3/odst settings but, I'm having some problems with my left trigger randomly throwing a grenade?! I'm not sure what is going on but, it just happens randomly I did the button test code everything checked out fine is anyone else having this problem?
this happens with every modded controller on any halo other than halo 3

odingalt

Staff member
I was asking in th eother thread, viking360.com main website never sold Tyr's Hand with a 3.5mm jack option, did you install this DIY or did you buy this from one of the affiliate shops?

Ben

Never heard or experienced this problem..

Neither has my brother and he's been playing halo 24/7 for the last few months with his Viking. Also he got reach today and it's all fine.

Fredrow

Does this grenade toss thing happen all on its own? Or are you pressing the left trigger? Or what are you doing when it does toss one when you dont want it to?

This questions goes for either M1A1 or fathersin??

fathersin

It just happens randomly like example 1 I start the game and bam grenade toss.

Now I still have 1 grenade and am playing for awhile then suddenly toss again completly random. Now I'm out of grenades and there are no problems but, if I pick some more up I toss another one it doesn't happen back to back like as soon as I have grenades they just toss.

I thought maybe something happend to the controller so I tested on gears of war 2 to see if it randomly clicked the left trigger which would put me into scope mode.

After about 30 minutes of play just walking around pressing only the right trigger and shooting I never randomly went into scope mode or had any glitches at all its just with halo Reach. I have a Hori Turbo controller and it does not randomly toss grenades on halo reach.

Does this grenade toss thing happen all on its own? Or are you pressing the left trigger? Or what are you doing when it does toss one when you dont want it to?

This questions goes for either M1A1 or fathersin??
I thought it was me slipping on my finger cause a few times it happend while I was pressing the LB button which is the button I use to use the armor abilities like sprint etc.

So I would be sprinting along then suddenly stop sprinting and throw a grenade its funny cause it saved me one time haha but, most of the time it wastes my grenades or almost kills me.

Anyhow so I started getting very conscious about how or when I push the LB button cause I thought it was me slipping and and pressing left trigger accidentally.

But, then it happend to me when I was sniping fingers not on the trigger at all it basically threw me out of scope and just tossed a grenade right next to me.

Really fooking with me grenades are pretty big weapons on halo reach.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

This happens to me with a PIC RF two intensafires and the Viking.....it's not as bad with the Viking but this Is what all modded controllers I have do.

fathersin

Never heard or experienced this problem..

Neither has my brother and he's been playing halo 24/7 for the last few months with his Viking. Also he got reach today and it's all fine.

Your brother has a Viking and it never randomly tosses a grenade could you ask him again Ben to make sure cause if his works then perhaps its a certain type of board. From what I've been told I have a Matrix controller.
I was asking in th eother thread, viking360.com main website never sold Tyr's Hand with a 3.5mm jack option, did you install this DIY or did you buy this from one of the affiliate shops?

I got my controller from Fredrow.

fathersin

Its not just the left trigger it is also the right trigger but far less frequent with the right I left the controller without touching it for several minutes with 4 grenades and a needle rifle. No hands on the controller at all it tossed 3 grenades and fired 1 shot from the needle rifle.

Fredrow

I'm going to bet that it has nothing to do with the hardware, but it does have to do with the software side of things. I think maybe the sensitivity needs to be adjusted.
Which is out of my hands, because I don't write the source codes. This is something E is going to have to investigate.

LoveKillzSlowly

Something like this happened to me on a matrix controller of mine in Bad Company 2 it would automatically scope in and stay stuck in scope mode and this was the only game I was having problems with. I checked the wiring and everything seem to be fine. I loosen the 3 screws a little where the left trigger is, strangely that fixed the issue for me. :?:
My controller I was having problems with was my "Hazers Final Rapidfire" which is very similar to the Tyrs Hand.
Might want to check your wiring.

odingalt

Staff member
LoveKillzSlowly said:
Something like this happened to me on a matrix controller of mine in Bad Company 2 it would automatically scope in and stay stuck in scope mode and this was the only game I was having problems with. I checked the wiring and everything seem to be fine. I loosen the 3 screws a little where the left trigger is, strangely that fixed the issue for me. :?:
My controller I was having problems with was my "Hazers Final Rapidfire" which is very similar to the Tyrs Hand.

Sounds like something getting shorted in the controller if loosening screws helps. Tac switches, 3.5mm jack or modchip not seated properly, there's a lot of stuff to go wrong. It's hard to get the items drilled in exactly the right place so they don't push against the circuit board, trigger plastic mechanism or the rumble pads. Is still strange that it's only in some games though.

Fredrow

odingalt said:
LoveKillzSlowly said:

Sounds like something getting shorted in the controller if loosening screws helps. Tac switches, 3.5mm jack or modchip not seated properly, there's a lot of stuff to go wrong. It's hard to get the items drilled in exactly the right place so they don't push against the circuit board, trigger plastic mechanism or the rumble pads. Is still strange that it's only in some games though.

E did you read the post that you used for your quote? That person who talked about loosening the screws didnt even do it to a Viking controller? It was a different modded controller that he built. Just making sure you caught that part!