M16 v.s Famas...

I've heard that statistically the Famas is better than the M16 but I've also heard that the M16 with a holographic sight is better than the Famas because the holo gives the M16:
- More accuracy
- More range
- A damage boost
- A tighter burst spread

Just wanted to get some thoughts/opinions if any of this or some of this is true? Thanks :)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I've heard that it is more acurate (sighted up) with the holographic, and I beleive that to be true. I doubt the damage though.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
I've heard that it is more acurate (sighted up) with the holographic, and I beleive that to be true. I doubt the dammage though.
no it is true...go on highrise and shoot the glass one shot at a time with the m16 and the holo adds .94% more damage...base damage is 24.06 per shot so add a holo and each bullet does 25% damage

papershoes

Both guns do 40 (close) or 30 (far) damage per bullet depending on distance. The Famas' maintains the 40 damage at longer distances than the m16 and shoots its 3 bullets faster than the m16. That is why many prefer the Famas over the M16. The M16's advantage is that it has a faster fire rate meaning the next set of 3 bullets can be fired quicker than the Famas (eg: you keep tapping the right trigger to fire shots).

I thought only the FAL had a damage increase with the Holographic Sight. It does 55 (close) or 35 (far) damage per bullet depending on distance. The Holographic on the FAL raises the 35 to 40.

I'm doubting it increases the M16's damage. The geeks data mined the PC version of the game a long time ago to find out the real numbers on the guns and nothing was mentioned about the Holographic boosting the M16's damage.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

papershoes said:
Both guns do 40 (close) or 30 (far) damage per bullet depending on distance. The Famas' maintains the 40 damage at longer distances than the m16 and shoots its 3 bullets faster than the m16. That is why many prefer the Famas over the M16. The M16's advantage is that it has a faster fire rate meaning the next set of 3 bullets can be fired quicker than the Famas (eg: you keep tapping the right trigger to fire shots).

I thought only the FAL had a damage increase with the Holographic Sight. It does 55 (close) or 35 (far) damage per bullet depending on distance. The Holographic on the FAL raises the 35 to 40.

I'm doubting it increases the M16's damage. The geeks data mined the PC version of the game a long time ago to find out the real numbers on the guns and nothing was mentioned about the Holographic boosting the M16's damage.
Really.....no.....why does it take 3 shots to kill someone....with your stats it would take two...also no the holo doesn't give any more power(tested yesterday) it is twice as acurate with a holo though...and by the way what shit app/website ar you getting your stats from....if your going to say anything at least test it first.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
They do 20 at long, I've seen the charts too. And that makes sense, as it would be one burst kills at any range with stopping power and 30. I don't think there are any guns that get raised damage with certain attatchments. Those are glitches, they fix them pretty quickly. I did an update when I put the disk in the evening it came out.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
They do 20 at long, I've seen the charts too. And that makes sense, as it would be one burst kills at any range with stopping power and 30. I don't think there are any guns that get raised damage with certain attatchments. Those are glitches, they fix them pretty quickly. I did an update when I put the disk in the evening it came out.
Yea me too...but on xbox there was no update

papershoes

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Really.....no.....why does it take 3 shots to kill someone....with your stats it would take two...also no the holo doesn't give any more power(tested yesterday) it is twice as acurate with a holo though...and by the way what poop app/website ar you getting your stats from....if your going to say anything at least test it first.

Go learn to format a sentence. You being a mod here means you're a part of the Viking brand to some degree. With that said "..." stop looking like a moron around here. Consider my name calling a retaliation to your rudeness.

The chart can be found here as well as a bunch of other places by now.
http://denkirson.xanga.com/715966769/modern-warfare-2/

I have done Long Shot tests on High Rise by standing on the edges of the west side of the map. I made sure to aim low to avoid the neck/head multipliers that the FAL has.

FAL + Holo + Stopping Power took 2 shots to kill. (40 x .4, 56 damage per bullet)
FAL + Red Dot + Stopping Power took 3 shots to kill. (35 x .4, 49 damage per bullet)

PS3andCOD said:

If this is regarding the Famas and M16 you could be wrong. I did a similar test (mentioned above) with the Famas. This was trickier because on long shots it's common that 1 (or 2) bullets may miss the target. Obviously in real game situations with moving targets it's highly unlikely to land all 3 bullets of a single burst. However, this does prove it's doing at least 30 damage from long shots.

Famas (w/ Red Dot for aiming) + Stopping Power took 3 bullets to kill. (30 x .4, 42 damage per bullet)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I agree with M1A1, that was just trying not to be an a$$. If you look at those charts, you'd see they have the same rpm, the fammas does not shoot faster. The m16 reloads faster, and switches faster. The FAL is the only gun they claim to change with attatchments other than silencer's range...

papershoes

PS3andCOD said:
If you look at those charts, you'd see they have the same rpm, the fammas does not shoot faster. The m16 reloads faster, and switches faster.

I probably selected something other than the m16 when comparing with the Famas. My mistake.

PS3andCOD said:
The FAL is the only gun they claim to change with attatchments other than silencer's range...

That's what I said in my initial post and concluded in my test. However, boy wonder says it isn't true.

papershoes

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Look I'm just going to say this nicely....don't tell me how to write.

I know getting a reality check from someone hurts. Pay more attention in English class to avoid growing into one of those $%@#%@ adults who can't even help their child write a school paper. Sorry dude.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

papershoes said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Look I'm just going to say this nicely....don't tell me how to write.

I know getting a reality check from someone hurts. Pay more attention in English class to avoid growing into one of those $%@#%@ adults who can't even help their child write a school paper. Sorry dude.
It's ok...I just hate it when anyone tells me how to do somthing....I guess I'm stoborn...lol

PS3andCOD

Contributor
papershoes said:
PS3andCOD said:
The FAL is the only gun they claim to change with attatchments other than silencer's range...

That's what I said in my initial post and concluded in my test. However, boy wonder says it isn't true.
I know that's what you said, I'm just a little skeptical if thats right. If it's wrong, it's not your fault, you were just reading the chart. I just find it suspicious that that's the only gun with any damage differences not acosiated with silencer... FMJ even says it ups the damage a bit, but it doesn't. I think they would fix it if that was true. That's not realitic either.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Alright, tried this out, it seems like there may be a glitch with the FAL holo, I managed to kill someone from the ridge to the bunker on Afgahn in two hits 5 or 6 times. It is a bit of a different story on the m16, at the same distance I never managed to kill in one burst without stoping power, even going for head shots. That means it can't be 30, as you could get a kill with a single head shot out of the 3 shots. I definatly had a few bursts that were chest - chest - head, and they didn't kill. I managed to kill in one burst a few times with stoping power, but not every time with that either, it needed a headshot too I beleive.

PS3andCOD said:
Alright, tried this out, it seems like there may be a glitch with the FAL holo, I managed to kill someone from the ridge to the bunker on Afgahn in two hits 5 or 6 times. It is a bit of a different story on the m16, at the same distance I never managed to kill in one burst without stoping power, even going for head shots. That means it can't be 30, as you could get a kill with a single head shot out of the 3 shots. I definatly had a few bursts that were chest - chest - head, and they didn't kill. I managed to kill in one burst a few times with stoping power, but not every time with that either, it needed a headshot too I beleive.

When you performed the test with the FAL Holo in Afghan were you using stopping power? Also I took your advice on setting the sps (shots per second) to the max of 50 shots on the custom driver for my M16/Famas and I really felt like it help out I can't explain it but it did, which leads to my next question I have another rapid fire controller I purchased on eBay which has a programmable mode that will let me set the sps higher than 50 would that make it better? Thanks for you help :)

lunosla

for some reason i perfer the famas way over the m16 wings of redmetion says it has amore constinant deaths from a single burst and a slower rate of fire and relod time and a horible spray gun but i think machine pistols are good for the close corter combat that the famas is horible for. well i dont know mabye that will change when i get my raven :D
P.S. r ps3 thubsticks really that good beacuse i put them on there beacuse i oreded mine during a ten percent of sale