Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.5 Beta Testing....

odingalt

Staff member
Re: Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.1 Beta Testing....

B4McMillain said:
ThatGuy105 said:
okay i downloaded the new firmware and the first thing i noticed is you can't playback recorded macros.

Yeah you are right

Thank you both for testing and reporting this bug. I have been able to repeat this issue, where a macro that was just recorded does not play back when the playback button is pressed. (It just flashes all four LED's green once, then stops). I have found the bug in the software, have made the fix as of version 0.8.7.2, and have updated the download link in the first post of this thread. Please give the new firmware a try.

B4McMillain

odingalt said:
ThatGuy105 said:
okay i downloaded the new firmware and the first thing i noticed is you can't playback recorded macros.

Thank you both for testing and reporting this bug. I have been able to repeat this issue, where a macro that was just recorded does not play back when the playback button is pressed. (It just flashes all four LED's green once, then stops). I have found the bug in the software, have made the fix as of version 0.8.7.2, and have updated the download link in the first post of this thread. Please give the new firmware a try.

AWESOME!!!

fathersin

Re: Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.2 Beta Testing....

In regards to humanized rapid fire vers page 5. It works very well for me at 5 movement on CoD Black Ops. Almost to well I got 2 msg's last night you have been reported from haters LOL. I have found something I'm not sure if its a bug or not. When I go to edit a macro and have been using another macro with new 8.7.2 the name of the next macro I mess around with gets changed to previous macro name. For instance I'm looking at macro01 then save macro01 and move to macro02 now macro02 name changes to macro01 when I enter editing although the settings stay the same. So it doesn't effect the macro mechanics just the name not sure if this has happend to anyone else.

NYjetsNY1

fathersin said:
In regards to anti recoil humanized vers. It works very well for me at 5 movement on CoD Black Ops. Almost to well I got 2 msg's last night you have been reported from haters LOL. I have found something I'm not sure if its a bug or not. When I go to edit a macro and have been using another macro with new 8.7.2 the name of the next macro I mess around with gets changed to previous macro name. For instance I'm looking at macro01 then save macro01 and move to macro02 now macro02 name changes to macro01 when I enter editing although the settings stay the same. So it doesn't effect the macro mechanics just the name not sure if this has happend to anyone else.

there is no humanized anti-recoils yet... just humanized rapid-fires and anti-recoils

NYjetsNY1

samdiggidy said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
samdiggidy said:
I used the humanized rapid fire on MW2 it work in my opinion better then the regular rapid fire :D :D :D

Did you change the speed of the humanized rapid-fire to that of MW2 speed?
yeah, i sped it up to 2.16 sps

Perfecto. Works well? Awesome. When the update goes public I'll be putting my humanized rapid-fire in place of default ones. Should tell odingalt this as well.

NickM

GOSH DAMNIT! YOU RELEASED THIS, WHEN I AM GROUNDED!~ Oh well, I can't wait to use it :(.. when i'm ungrounded :'(

Found another minor (kinda) bug. If you dbl click a Macro file (not a set) and it opens up in the Viking software, if you then hit the green check mark it crashes the software and shows all kinds of errors.

odingalt

Staff member

Interesting, I will have the dev team look at this. An easy fix I will assume. My guess is maybe because we open just a macro file first when the software is opened, the software forgets to also start a new .VKS. So you hit the green checkmark to save your changes to the macro, but then the software is like "Hey, save the changes to WHAT? I ain't got no .VKS file open buddy!"

Crimson

odingalt said:
Interesting, I will have the dev team look at this. An easy fix I will assume. My guess is maybe because we open just a macro file first when the software is opened, the software forgets to also start a new .VKS. So you hit the green checkmark to save your changes to the macro, but then the software is like "Hey, save the changes to WHAT? I ain't got no .VKS file open buddy!"
Typical Microsoft .Net exception (NullReference).. it's probably trying to .Save(...) on an object that has not been instantiated, I wanna point out that this "bug" is not confined to this version of the software, I have seen it in previous versions as well, but like you said, probably a super quick fix :) .

odingalt

Staff member

Our software dev actually advised AGAINST allowing the double-click of a .VKM file to launch the software, for this exact reason :lol: . I made him add that anyway.

NYjetsNY1

Under the very final option for loop settings, using X-axis disabled by macro, there are problems.

The macro terminates on release of the RT, but if it is in the middle of an analog anti-recoiling phase, the RT will stop but the analog will continue and not let you move it until it completes... which can be over a second long. Can you fix this? Try it for yourself and while at about 1 second into shooting stop... your character will keep aiming down and you won't be able to aim.

Hope I was specific enough, let me know of any more details you require. Macro below.

oh fudge

is there any way to get the burst fire to work properly when i put it on RT without having to put a shift-key thing on a tac switch or w/e, i've tried everything, i just don't want to put the burst fire macro on a tac switch cuz it'd be alot better on RT than on a tac switch

odingalt

Staff member

oh fudge said:
is there any way to get the burst fire to work properly when i put it on RT without having to put a shift-key thing on a tac switch or w/e, i've tried everything, i just don't want to put the burst fire macro on a tac switch cuz it'd be alot better on RT than on a tac switch

Yes. The example macro posted in this thread does exacly what you're talking about. "I've tried everything" we can't figure out what this means, can you be more specific or maybe even better, post the last .VKS that you tried to get to work? Are you running the beta, or are you just post hijacking? This thread is only for posts related to beta testing please.

oh fudge

odingalt said:
oh fudge said:

Yes. The example macro posted in this thread does exacly what you're talking about. "I've tried everything" we can't figure out what this means, can you be more specific or maybe even better, post the last .VKS that you tried to get to work? Are you running the beta, or are you just post hijacking? This thread is only for posts related to beta testing please.

yes i am using the beta and new firmware, the problem i'm having is that the burst fire only works every so often, most of the time its just single shot. i've tried both the sample macro you posted and my own 3-4 shot burst macro. and i tried putting the sample macro on a tac switch and it worked perfectly, 2-3 shots every time i pressed the button.

NYjetsNY1

oh fudge said:
odingalt said:
[quote="oh fudge":27t3mjsp]is there any way to get the burst fire to work properly when i put it on RT without having to put a shift-key thing on a tac switch or w/e, i've tried everything, i just don't want to put the burst fire macro on a tac switch cuz it'd be alot better on RT than on a tac switch

yes i am using the beta and new firmware, the problem i'm having is that the burst fire only works every so often, most of the time its just single shot. i've tried both the sample macro you posted and my own 3-4 shot burst macro. and i tried putting the sample macro on a tac switch and it worked perfectly, 2-3 shots every time i pressed the button.[/quote:27t3mjsp]

Upload your .vks...