Modsticks Pro

dopeismarcus

[video=youtube;cwvZjMiNN44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwvZjMiNN44[/video]

Was thinking about getting these instead of buying a set for new FPS Freeks. Would it be best if I send my controller to you guys so you can install it?

NYjetsNY1

I guess you can send a message to Fredrow to see what he can do for you.

Viking360 does not do custom installs on macro controllers, and if you open up the controller the warranty is gone 100%. We cannot do anything from there.

I have a pair of the modstick pros. They are pretty nice, but the freeks are just as good. One good thing is that it gives you more turning ability, but that can work against you sometimes on cqb. The bad thing is that the tops can be adjusted, so while playing they can get loose and cause you some problems. A little lok-tite took care of that for me. Overall, a great product for $30 and great customer service. Ordered them, paid on Pay Pal and got them in three days.

odingalt

Staff member
Very nice. This is exactly the kind of customization we are going to start to allow this Fall when we release a new modded controller. (The modded controller will have less functionality than the macro controller, but will offer all the customizations you can handle). Thanks for the video link.

Xx Binno xX

Very nice. This is exactly the kind of customization we are going to start to allow this Fall when we release a new modded controller. (The modded controller will have less functionality than the macro controller, but will offer all the customizations you can handle). Thanks for the video link.
kind of like when you had the legacy controller when you let people chose the LED and the thumbsticks.

The fusion, which is a $10 upgrade, are great. They don't hurt, give you good traction and have 3 or 4 different screws for settings. The only bad thing is that they are adjustable, per their video, and this can cause you some problems while gaming. The install was pretty simple, and that's coming from a NOOB who can't do diddly. If you have a basic controller, or you want to wait till this fall, these are great add ons. On a side note, they are sold out of the dark blue ones.

dopeismarcus

I have a pair of the modstick pros. They are pretty nice, but the freeks are just as good. One good thing is that it gives you more turning ability, but that can work against you sometimes on cqb. The bad thing is that the tops can be adjusted, so while playing they can get loose and cause you some problems. A little lok-tite took care of that for me. Overall, a great product for $30 and great customer service. Ordered them, paid on Pay Pal and got them in three days.

yea i think ill just get the prestige fps freeks.

dopeismarcus

no problem .

Xx Binno xX

If its possible viking should come out with its own line of thumb sticks like FPS freaks or something along those lines.

Fredrow

If its possible viking should come out with its own line of thumb sticks like FPS freaks or something along those lines.

This would be something cool but to do it right in terms of having your own style/look/feel/design of thumbsticks takes some time to meet the standards of the general public. For example; not a lot of people know that the Evil-sticks are not the exact same as the PS3 sticks. The thing I hear most from people is that Evil-sticks are the same as PS3 sticks the only difference is that Evil-sticks has there company sticker located on the base of the sticks. But this would be false! The Evil-sticks are shorter on the shaft compared to the PS3 sticks and the head of the Evil-Sticks are not super bulged out like the PS3 sticks. It almost feels like the stock Xbox 360 sticks but they just filled in the head of the stick into a small comfy mushroom top.

But back on point, you would need to spend time designing the thumbstick and then doing mass research on all the other thumbsticks on the market. Figure out what material's were used in making the sticks.. Once you get all that figured out then you need to find a place to build all of this for you while making sure the company doesn't do any shortcuts during the manufacturing stage. Next would be beta testing it, if any problems are discovered then it's back into the lab doing mass research on solving the issues..... But after all that is done then you would be king!! Evil was on the right track when they build/designed there thumbsticks but as many of us know there are a ton of ****py thumbsticks on the market. In my short time doing this as a business I have probably tossed out over 100+ thumbsticks that were brand new. Why? Because they were super ****ty China-Man ****!!!

Baerserk

I am using the modsticks pro with a regular controller and i love em. I plan to buy a viking macro controller and i want to know if its possible to modify this with the custom modsticks. Is the macro controller or some parts glued together or anything inside which makes this impossible? Thanks for reply!

ILBIEAST

No you just have to be careful opening it. there are wires attatched to the front and back shell as well as circuit board. The sticks should not give you a problem at all , however on my black controller I acutally had to take my dremell and shave off some controller because the sticks would rub the top part of my shell. No problems on my macro though, I did change them back to the stock analog sticks because I customized my fps freeks to have PS3 tops on them (kinda like a mix between fps freeks and a ps3 analog stick) which are more comfortable to me. Ill post up pictures in a few once I get home .