Need Software Update!

bonefisher

Received controller but when will the update be kicked out? It's like buying chlorine for the pool I'm building! There is a high demand on some runes! LOL! I like to get started!

JIM WALKER

So you got yours then ???? still not heard a word about mine, and it will take another 10 to 14 days to get here after they DO dispatch it ... ordered mine on the 17th Dec. when did you order yours ??

bonefisher

Yes I got it but can't use it til update! No news yet! I believe they have there hands full still! Hey but the controller looks awesome and the paddles feels great in your hands! Hopefully learn more today and get this baby working full force!

JIM WALKER

Yea, they said on FB that the software guys were still sorting out the bugs in the new system, I suppose having the controller and not being able to use it is worse than my situation of not having it at all. Positive to that though is, you will have info and knowledge already for when I get mine, so hopefully you can advise us others ....

SHawking

It's funny seeing how some of you guys want to get your controllers dispatched already, whereas I'm sitting here waiting for just the pre-orders to open again ha! :D

bonefisher

finally got email to load new filmware for controller and now I can't open the bootloader to install it! Show error! Then since I got my controller early it has a bug and need to return it for fix! What am I the ginnie pig or something for trial and error? Please send new email with correct fix!

JIM WALKER

finally got email to load new filmware for controller and now I can't open the bootloader to install it! Show error! Then since I got my controller early it has a bug and need to return it for fix! What am I the ginnie pig or something for trial and error? Please send new email with correct fix!

Just had mine dispatched yesterday (Thur), got an e-mail today saying there is a bug, so have to now wait for delivery to then send it straight back, disappointing !!!!
At least they found the problem early on, just have to accept it and wait a while longer for it to come back.... Crazy !!!!!

bonefisher

That stinks! I can deal with switching cables around but can't even get the bootloader to load on the pc to put new filmware on it! Hopefully they send a fix so I can play a little before having to put long hours in at work!

modded matt

Guys, I understand your frustration and apologize on behalf of Viking for the delay. This is not just some rapid fire cooked up in your basement. You are waiting on the most advanced controller mod there probably ever will be for this system. These things take time. It took years after the Xbox 360 was released to create and perfect the Macro controller. Viking does not want to rush the product but they are trying to keep you guys happy by rushing it at your request, so there are small bug in the software. The security protocols in the bootloader alone are very complete, much less the mod itself. It is my understanding the mod is complete, but the issue lies with the bootloader program.

Please be patient. Per orders were warned that the dates were estimated. We will get there.

Chipflyby

With the waiting aside.....I will agree, controller looks great. Paddles are better than expected, perfect position. Now if I could only use it.

One other thing. Having just received my controller today, how will I know if it is "bugged"?(email regarding bug and receipt of controller same day :/)

(rock on grey skulls!)

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

With the waiting aside.....I will agree, controller looks great. Paddles are better than expected, perfect position. Now if I could only use it.

One other thing. Having just received my controller today, how will I know if it is "bugged"?(email regarding bug and receipt of controller same day :/)

(rock on grey skulls!)

Have been told that the bug was only discovered last night, so if you already have your controller then it is bugged, mine was dispatched yesterday and needs to be returned. Only the controllers not yet dispatched will be ok ..... This should answer your query mate ....

bonefisher

Read your email on it again and you will see if you have the bug or not buy plugging in the back and if it responds correct you will just have to wait on the next email! Either way you can still use it if you can load the new filmware on your controller! Mine did not load new filmware showed error! Let me know if your loads!

Last edited:

Chipflyby

Have been told that the bug was only discovered last night, so if you already have your controller then it is bugged, mine was dispatched yesterday and needs to be returned. Only the controllers not yet dispatched will be ok ..... This should answer your query mate ....

Yes sir, it does. Thanks mate.

Chipflyby

Read your email on it again and you will see if you have the bug or not buy plugging in the back and if it responds correct you will just have to wait on the next email!

Responds to what? Boot loader is not available to me, will not load.

Last edited:

bonefisher

There are two different ways seeing if it is in programming mode if you read the email you'll see how to do it!

Chipflyby

Got it. She's a bugger indeed. Still no access to bootloader though. Regardless, it requires the extra steps for programming mode. She's a goin' back.

On a lighter note. I was surprised to see four tac switches. I thought only two were going to be installed.?.

Last edited: