need some major help

justarock

ok well i have sent a few tickets to the support center and the last one i sent i got a reply back telling me to talk to a moderator or admin but since they dont answer my messages i am posting here. so my problem is that i cannot get my contoller to download the drivers...im not one of the stupid people on this site...so i have tried rebooting my computer(windows7) ive changed batteries on my contoller, held sync before inserting the battery,reinstalled WinRAR, but my problem is that everytime i insert the 3.5mm input into the controller it has a pop up on my computer that says(exactly) "USB Device Not Recognized one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, abd windows does not recognize it. for assistance in solving this problem, click this message." ok well after that i clicked it and then it pops up to my USB drive
USB Root Hub(2 ports)
----------------------------------Unused port
----------------------------------unkown device
and then thats all it does so hopefully you have an answer.
thanks, justarock

IrishStyle

justarock said:
ok well i have sent a few tickets to the support center and the last one i sent i got a reply back telling me to talk to a moderator or admin but since they dont answer my messages i am posting here. so my problem is that i cannot get my contoller to download the drivers...im not one of the stupid people on this site...so i have tried rebooting my computer(windows7) ive changed batteries on my contoller, held sync before inserting the battery,reinstalled WinRAR, but my problem is that everytime i insert the 3.5mm input into the controller it has a pop up on my computer that says(exactly) "USB Device Not Recognized one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, abd windows does not recognize it. for assistance in solving this problem, click this message." ok well after that i clicked it and then it pops up to my USB drive
USB Root Hub(2 ports)
----------------------------------Unused port
----------------------------------unkown device
and then thats all it does so hopefully you have an answer.
thanks, justarock

Do you have HID Loader open before you attach to your PC? Windows may not recognize it but HID loader should.

justarock

BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER----------THIS IS ALL PRETTY MUCH ARGUMENTS TIL THE END SO IF YOU WANT TO SEE HOW TO GET HELP IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM GO TO PAGE 3

IrishStyle

justarock said:
ok just to make it clear to everyone(i bought the THORS HAMMER from VIKING360.COM) i am not a fucking idiot...why the hell would i not plug it into my computer...also to help you more i have been using my controller since christmas and CHANGING the CUSTOM modes such as WAW MODE/ ODST MODE/ MW2 MODE/ but for some REASON my controller is not being RECOGNIZED by my WINDOWS7 LAPTOP(in the USB PORT)

read the CAPS before posting something stupid again

Well with that attitude you will not be getting any more help from me....And apparently we are not as smart as you, so you should be able to figure it out....Good Luck Chief and keep it PG

edgar

IrishStyle said:
justarock said:
ok just to make it clear to everyone(i bought the THORS HAMMER from VIKING360.COM) i am not a fucking idiot...why the hell would i not plug it into my computer...also to help you more i have been using my controller since christmas and CHANGING the CUSTOM modes such as WAW MODE/ ODST MODE/ MW2 MODE/ but for some REASON my controller is not being RECOGNIZED by my WINDOWS7 LAPTOP(in the USB PORT)

Well with that attitude you will not be getting any more help from me....Good Luck Chief and keep it PG
well said irish...lol

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

IrishStyle said:
justarock said:

Well with that attitude you will not be getting any more help from me....And apparently we are not as smart as you, so you should be able to figure it out....Good Luck Chief and keep it PG
Paardon my language but seriously if where just trying to help you there's no need to be a COMPLETE PRICK

justarock

well sorry for being an ass but damn...it stated everything and im getting pointless answers on what this problem might be so sorry but try to read it a few times but i stated what computer i was using how it was connected and also i put in there that im not a retard so ya that should explain most of it but sorry even though none of these answers have helped...the admins never get on but owell i will just keep spamming the ticket thing til someone has something useful since this site has no REAL support team/group(sorry to all i have offended its just that it is irritating to write something 3 times and have a f***ed up controller that is malfunctioning so sorry for taking it out on you but please read more carefully.)

all apologies, Justarock

Fredrow

First off, I don't really like your attidude..... Also I did respond a post already on this thread and you said nothing back. Maybe you need to take the time and read responses that people have left instead of calling us stupid. To top it all off you have not even PM me yet on this.

So how many times have you flashed the controller before you have had this problem?

Right now I'm in a really hard spot, because I don't want to even ask you any questions in fear of you insulting my intelligence. So how about you ask some questions?? And then I can call you stupid....lol.... Just playing.... But really, if you have flashe your controller before were you using the same PC??

Also please don't double post ever again.....

xPOTENTIALx

justarock said:
well sorry for being an ass but damn...it stated everything and im getting pointless answers on what this problem might be so sorry but try to read it a few times but i stated what computer i was using how it was connected and also i put in there that im not a retard so ya that should explain most of it but sorry even though none of these answers have helped...the admins never get on but owell i will just keep spamming the ticket thing til someone has something useful since this site has no REAL support team/group(sorry to all i have offended its just that it is irritating to write something 3 times and have a f***ed up controller that is malfunctioning so sorry for taking it out on you but please read more carefully.)

all apologies, Justarock

someone needs a chill pill. they were asking questions to assess ur situation. instead u wanted to justbean@$$. ur "apology" was no apology when u insult them again. where is ur logic in that?

odingalt

Staff member
Allright everybody stop hating on our customers! We gotta make this a nice and happy place to help people out. A customer's frustration is understandable, it's very frustrating to spend a lot of money on a Viking if it's not working the way you expected it.

I'm guilty of flaming too from time to time, but our 2010 New Year's resolution is to be nice to everybody! So I might start trolling the forums a little bit handing down retribution for flamers.

E

odingalt

Staff member
justarock said:

all apologies, Justarock

The only ticket I see in our system from you was on 12/25/2009. It is posted below.

====paste===

Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:45am
i am getting an error everytime i try to open HIDbootloader
Fri, Dec 25 2009 12:49pm - Viking360.com Staff
What error message are you receiving?
Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:52pm - Viking360.com Staff
Hi Cameron, this ticket hasn't had activity in about a week, we're closing this ticket but please open a new ticket if you are still having issues with your controller?

Einar
Viking360

IrishStyle

Fred and I both asked reasonable questions and were flamed for asking them. Flamed for helping. My apologies for firing back.

odingalt

Staff member
IrishStyle said:
Fred and I both asked reasonable questions and were flamed for asking them. Flamed for helping. My apologies for firing back.

Well I mean it's understandable, Linda and I have been pretty frustrated lately with a little customer abuse coming our way, so it rubs on our nerves and then pertty soon we find ourselves biting back. I guess I'm just going to try my best to take the 'high road' even when sombody bites your head off when you're just putting in an honest effort to help them. Not much more you can do. It doesn't accomplish anything to get into a flame war (well even if you are in the 'right' or in the 'wrong' :) )

Irish your help on the site has been much appreciated, thanks man!!!

Fredrow

odingalt said:
IrishStyle said:

Well I mean it's understandable, Linda and I have been pretty frustrated lately with a little customer abuse coming our way, so it rubs on our nerves and then pertty soon we find ourselves biting back. I guess I'm just going to try my best to take the 'high road' even when sombody bites your head off when you're just putting in an honest effort to help them. Not much more you can do. It doesn't accomplish anything to get into a flame war (well even if you are in the 'right' or in the 'wrong' :) )

Irish your help on the site has been much appreciated, thanks man!!!

Dude I know what your saying.... I get so mad when people email you and after reading the first sentence you can tell that the email is going to piss you off. I hate it when customers don't have patience. I mean we are human too, we all make mistakes. But what people have to know is that we here at Viking360 and ESE don't rip people off. We are not hear to scam you. We go way out of our way to help you "the customers out"......

odingalt

Staff member
Aww, I love you guys. Justarock come baaaackk... we will help you and not bite your head off lol

justarock

ok well i am sorry to everyone here i am sorry i was being an ass but i was tired and pissed because all i was getting where things that didnt help...so i am very sorry to EVERYONE!!!! i did not mean to get amd at you or anyone else its just i have a modded controller stuck in WAW mode and its very fustrating so once again i am sorry to EVERYONE that thinks i have been being an asshole but as you can see my situation is very frustrating to have a controller that costs $170 just to look pretty...lol.

sorrrrrrry, all apologies for me being rude to customers/helpers/mods/admins. =P had a long week and i was tired.

JUSTAROCK