need some major help

IrishStyle

No worries and my apologies to you as well. I just tried loading on windows 7 and got your same error....I unplugged my xbox and tried again and this time Hid loader recognized it and I got a popup saying HID compliant device attached. Give it a try and let us know.

And Thanks OD.

justarock

ok for some better help i have some errors and that good stuff...here we go

*windows suggestions about trying to fix it when ever it is plugged in*
)try recconecting the device. If windows still does not recognize the device, then replace the device
)Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

*what it says whenever i plug it in(this includes all the tricks that OD has mentioned)*
windows cannot recognize the device...(rest is just saying this in like 3 different ways.) any suggestions?

justarock

ahhhaaa i think i know what is wrong..after looking at the "swapping shells" subject how OD said that the 3.5mm is glued into the hole well mine isnt. whenever i plug it in the 3.5mm cable isnt fully plugged in. so do you think it is a good idea for me to try and open the controller up or should i just ship it to you to have you fix it?

justarock

hmmm...how long does it take if i where to ship it in monday? and also if i where to do it by myself could i use a flathead screwdriver or is that unsafe to use on the controller(that would be as in stripping the screw heads)

IrishStyle

I have used a small flathead before to remove those screws....Just need to find one small enough to fit between the post and the screw wall....As for the turnaround time I would PM OD for those details.

justarock

ok well do you know if he as messenger becasue that would be 1million times faster to communicate or does he have xbox live...if OD does what is his GT so that i can talk to him so that i dont screw it up...lol...pm me this so that others dont spam him

justarock

i have taken apart my controller and glued the 3.5mm back in and i hope for the best

BTW glue is drying and hope fully this works

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

justarock said:
ok well i figured out the problem but i need to ship it in...the yellow cable came undone from the 3.5mm jack or one of them did...OD i will be shipping it in on monday and you will also be recieving a PM from me
dude that SUCKS.. doubt it will happen again :D

xPOTENTIALx

justarock said:
ok well i am sorry to everyone here i am sorry i was being an ass but i was tired and pissed because all i was getting where things that didnt help...so i am very sorry to EVERYONE!!!! i did not mean to get amd at you or anyone else its just i have a modded controller stuck in WAW mode and its very fustrating so once again i am sorry to EVERYONE that thinks i have been being an asshole but as you can see my situation is very frustrating to have a controller that costs $170 just to look pretty...lol.

sorrrrrrry, all apologies for me being rude to customers/helpers/mods/admins. =P had a long week and i was tired.

JUSTAROCK

I'm sorry too! I understand. I'm just hot headed.

Fredrow

xPOTENTIALx said:
justarock said:
ok well i am sorry to everyone here i am sorry i was being an ass but i was tired and pissed because all i was getting where things that didnt help...so i am very sorry to EVERYONE!!!! i did not mean to get amd at you or anyone else its just i have a modded controller stuck in WAW mode and its very fustrating so once again i am sorry to EVERYONE that thinks i have been being an asshole but as you can see my situation is very frustrating to have a controller that costs $170 just to look pretty...lol.

sorrrrrrry, all apologies for me being rude to customers/helpers/mods/admins. =P had a long week and i was tired.

JUSTAROCK

I use to do the same thing JUSTAROCK did, blowing up and yelling at us!! The reason I did it was the fact that its just over the INTERNET. So all your doing is typing and yelling. But then you have to take a step back and look and picture yourself in a real store face to face with someone and ask yourself, "Would I be yelling and acting a fool if these people where face to face with me and not over the INTERNET??"

xPOTENTIALx

Fredrow said:
xPOTENTIALx said:
justarock said:

JUSTAROCK

I use to do the same thing JUSTAROCK did, blowing up and yelling at us!! The reason I did it was the fact that its just over the INTERNET. So all your doing is typing and yelling. But then you have to take a step back and look and picture yourself in a real store face to face with someone and ask yourself, "Would I be yelling and acting a fool if these people where face to face with me and not over the INTERNET??"

Fredrow nailed that right on the head.

justarock

Well that is pretty much what I did lol. After All of the flaming back and fourth I realized "what good am I doing getting mad at people if the people I'm getting mad at are trying to help me and if I flame you then others will be hesitant to even post a reply". But I'm glad that I was able to take a step back ad realize that I was wrong and that atleast eople are rrying to help but atleast this is behind us.