New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

Thomas

Where can I check how many macro controllers are left in stock?

It's getting close to Christmas, this would be useful information :)

odingalt

Staff member
Yup that count is good. The prices are way up there so we slowed the sales down, I think we ought to have enough supply through New Year's, but we have way more plain blacks than anything.

skullriot

Hi, i just joined the forums. I really REALLY want a macro controller like you are selling. I cant find any information about full macro controllers on the internet, short of an arduino box. Do you think you will still have at least one come February? I don't think i will have the money before then. i would prefer just a plain black one, but if the installation is mostly in the PCB and can be removed from the shell (i bet the switches are hot glued, those are easy enough to replace) then i could just move it into the shell of my choice.

I just had a bad experience with evilcontrollers, and this is exactly what i wanted in a controller.

NYjetsNY1

The controller is not easily shell replaced. It is a nightmare once you open it. Opening it voids your warranty as well, another reason not to do it. I do think we might have a few left in February, but the price might be sky-high by then.

skullriot

The controller is not easily shell replaced. It is a nightmare once you open it. Opening it voids your warranty as well, another reason not to do it. I do think we might have a few left in February, but the price might be sky-high by then.

I can understand ramping up the price because of rarity, but it sounds like these controllers will be nigh unobtainable by that time because of the price. But still, are the only connections to the shell itself the switches?

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I can understand ramping up the price because of rarity, but it sounds like these controllers will be nigh unobtainable by that time because of the price. But still, are the only connections to the shell itself the switches?

There are 12 wires from the modchip to the shell. (Two wires for each tac switch, mulitply by six tac switches, is 12 wires). There's also two wires from the modchip around to the flex circuit board, which is for the rainbow LED's. There are a few extra jumpers from the modchip to the circuit board. Then the modchip itself is a solderless clip that sits on the circuit board's main CPU. You have to be gentle enough not to knock the modchip/solderless clip off of the CPU.

This almost is always what happens when someone opens the controller - they just yank the two shell halves apart, rip the modchip off the CPU and damage the whole works the second they open the controller. If you absolutely have to open one, just crack it open barely enough to get a soldering iron inside to disconnect the wires from the tac switches. Mark the wires in pairs so you know which wires go to which tac switch. Never tug or jerk on the wires because remember one end is connected to the modchip/solderless clip and you don't want it to unseat from the CPU.

All voids your warranty! Chris (Fredrow) is authorized to do Viking work, he's the only other guy outside of Viking in-house staff that's done a macro install, these things are indeed a headache to work on. My employees are truly talented when they put one of these together. Two employees work in tandem for over an hour to get one of these macro controllers put together, even though it's a solderless clip.

skullriot

There are 12 wires from the modchip to the shell. ....

All that just makes me super curious about the whole thing. I will really want to open it up after I get it haha. I would want to put in some black buttons instead of the stock ones, unless you guys have some there that you could put in before sending it out. In any case, it sounds crazy interesting. Do you guys have degrees in this stuff or is it just hobby that led here?

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
All that just makes me super curious about the whole thing. I will really want to open it up after I get it haha. I would want to put in some black buttons instead of the stock ones, unless you guys have some there that you could put in before sending it out. In any case, it sounds crazy interesting. Do you guys have degrees in this stuff or is it just hobby that led here?
They don't do customization... Contact Fredrow for that.

odingalt

Staff member
We will be doing customizations on our non-macro controllers.

But not on the macros :-( The macros were all assembled two months back back in August. We don't want to open them again to do customizations since it took so long to put them together in the first place.

Ramzaii

The Viking360 Macro Controller

Hey guys! I have been looking into buying a Viking360 Macro Controller for the XBOX360 and I was just wondering how many do you have in stock? Because I might be getting one for Christmas.

Thanks!

Jimcole

No news about it so it is all good. Best controller on earth for both systems, buy it now for Xbox360, you need another accessory (not sold at viking360) to be able to use it on PS3 though.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Show how about them new controller that where spose to be out after mw3, its been a month was the status?

Be patient it will be out soon enough I know Odin has the chips and everything all he has to do is start mass producing them. Give it a week or two and you will see them go on sale.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Heard this befor lol. Was told 2weeks after MW3. So there going to be out next year then? LOL

They should be out by christmas but no guarantees. Im sure hes working as hard as he can to get these ready for ordering. The reason it was a week or two before was because he expected the chips to come in earlier. Now he has the chips and is working to get them on the shelves.

Tx1000

They should be out by christmas but no guarantees. Im sure hes working as hard as he can to get these ready for ordering. The reason it was a week or two before was because he expected the chips to come in earlier. Now he has the chips and is working to get them on the shelves.

Very niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice