New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

odingalt

Staff member
Heck maybe I should start a poll. I guess I just assumed our prices were ridiculous and unsustainable. How many of you guys would buy another one if they are still over $200?? Maybe if we did a new run, we could at least try to offer more custom-building to go with the high price tag. If people are willing to wait 2-3 days for the build. Right now we ship 24 hours later which makes it impossible to custom build. We could use 3-4 days to make the build on a busy week.

Tx1000

Heck maybe I should start a poll. I guess I just assumed our prices were ridiculous and unsustainable. How many of you guys would buy another one if they are still over $200?? Maybe if we did a new run, we could at least try to offer more custom-building to go with the high price tag. If people are willing to wait 2-3 days for the build. Right now we ship 24 hours later which makes it impossible to custom build. We could use 3-4 days to make the build on a busy week.

ARe you still going to build the new 360 if that's the case?

Is it really worth it if a hand full of people on here would say that they would buy if its over 200$. Compare to Xamount of people buy a cheaper controller?

odingalt

Staff member
I'm going to release a cheaper controller no matter what. :) I am just mulling over whether it would be worth trying to build a short run of macros like 250-500 of them. The problem is if I do a short run it gets even more expensive because I don't get bulk discount on all the parts, assembly cost, etc.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
I'm going to release a cheaper controller no matter what. I am just mulling over whether it would be worth trying to build a short run of macros like 250-500 of them. The problem is if I do a short run it gets even more expensive because I don't get bulk discount on all the parts, assembly cost, etc.
So if you did it would it be $200-$250? If so I will buy another once I get some cash, and customization would be awesome!

Richy

Any new limited edition Macro Controllers gonna come out soon?

I seen the Fable ones and Halo Reach ones. I wanted to get the Halo Reach one but something came up. I should of jumped on it when I had the chance. I wanna get a Viking 360 Macro Controller, but I would like something more than a plain black one. Any possibility of any custom ones coming out? Such as like the Gears of War 3 controller (for example).

Much thanks,
Richy

odingalt

Staff member
(Can somebody merge this with the long thread explaining the situation on the macro controllers)

They are so expensive, we can't sustain our shop employees by just selling 20-30 macro controllers every month. Our prices are huge and our profit margins are tiny.

NYjetsNY1

(Can somebody merge this with the long thread explaining the situation on the macro controllers)

They are so expensive, we can't sustain our shop employees by just selling 20-30 macro controllers every month. Our prices are huge and our profit margins are tiny.

Of course I can merge this. I was waiting. Depending on where the thread turned, it might not have made sense to merge. But, now it does. Thus - merged.

Richy

Well, the special editions are all coming as CG2's at the moment (Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, and the Silver special D-pad controller). Because of this, I crunched the numbers reeealllyy hard to see how cheap we could produce macro controllers if we started up again. But no matter what I try, I can't seem to get the cost down below $140. Which puts the retail price back up in the $200's again. Labor on these things SUCKS.

So was there any chance you were thinking of going through with this plan of doing the special edition controllers since they come with the CG2's? I already would like to purchase one. (Even at the price right now, I know it'll be good long term)

I just want a little bit of customization to my controller. Just so it looks a little nifty and spiffy.

This is mainly because I have quite a few wireless controllers, none the less. All of them are black except one.

odingalt

Staff member
So was there any chance you were thinking of going through with this plan of doing the special edition controllers since they come with the CG2's? I already would like to purchase one. (Even at the price right now, I know it'll be good long term)

I just want a little bit of customization to my controller. Just so it looks a little nifty and spiffy.

This is mainly because I have quite a few wireless controllers, none the less. All of them are black except one.

No. We have zero macro modchips in stock. We have 200 pre-assembled macro controllers, most of them plain black. Our employees worked all summer to pre-assemble our remaining macro stock so they could help us do other stuff at the shop.

Richy

No. We have zero macro modchips in stock. We have 200 pre-assembled macro controllers, most of them plain black. Our employees worked all summer to pre-assemble our remaining macro stock so they could help us do other stuff at the shop.

Thank you odin for the prompt response. I'll just settle with the black I suppose.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah, they finished around August, and right after they spent about a thousand hours assembling the remainder of the macros, all these special editions controllers hit the market. It would cost my employees hours per every controller to chagne to the new spoecial edition shell, plus the cost of those controllers + tax which is almost $60, so you're talking about adding $100 to the cost for my peeps to take a plain black macro and upgrade it to a special edition.

They would end up costing $349, so I figured we'd just sell the rest as we have them (black) and then try to do better with our cheaper XBOX360 rapidfire modchip this winter. :)