New Controllers? How many old controllers left? Macro, legacy, prices, what to buy?

NYjetsNY1

I think the Tyr's Hand is still for sale also; well at least it says it's for sale on the V360 site....

Right right right! I was just about to edit my post and say this. If you cannot afford the extras of the macro, buy the Tyr's Hand! http://viking360.com/xbox-360-rapidfire-controllers

Or wait a few months for the newer modded xbox 360 controllers to come out (that will be more like the odin's raven and thor's hammer).

mlongo3

New Viking Controllers? Anytime Soon?

Hey Guys, I saw on the VikingDigital.com, that you guys are going to be offering D.I.Y Kits again, so I was just wondering when this will be available (a rough date estimate) and a price range, so I can start saving up.

Thanks, Mlongo3

NYjetsNY1

DIY will be on the new matrix2 xbox 360 chip, possibly on the PS3 chips not yet certain.

For the 360 DIY, I'm guessing hopefully before December 2011. No idea on pricing quite yet.

odingalt

Staff member
Hello there. We won't have the current macro mod chip as DIY kit. The install is way too difficult to support and our staff is literally finishing the last 50 installs this week. So we will have zero chips by Friday and about 320 macro controllers on the shelf.

The PS3 chips are under exclusive contract right now, but I wanted to talk to our exclusive distributor when he gets back from vacation to see about selling DIY kits. Or at least advertising where you can get them.

For the new XBOX360 modchip for the Matrix2 circuit boards, I haven't started development on that except for a very rough prototype that I wired up way back this summer when Matrix2's first hit the shelves. Figure at least 2 months for me to get that project done, when I have time to start it :-(.

Sorry it is taking us so long to get back to our roots on this one. DIY made Viking great before we had to pull it when we put all our money into the macro project.

mlongo3

I know that the Macro controllers won't ever be D.I.Y Kit, let's be honest, the only ones that are capable of installing it are the ones that made it, lol.

But Hopefully you guys can get the D.I.Y Kits for the New Matrix2 Controllers really SOON, I just need to be entertained until I go to Seattle to snowboard in Steven's Pass :D

But Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Krier023

Useful Poster
Right there with you mlongo.can't wait for a new diy kit. In the mean time I'll probably case swap my macro.haha

dwayne_2010

New controller?

When will there be a new controller? as when i bought my raven a month later the macro came out:( so i want to know when roughly there will be a new one out before i buy one again:')

NYjetsNY1

Fall of 2011. We are shooting for the next 360 controllers to be right before MW3. However, they may be after it but again shooting for them to be released before.

NYjetsNY1

I know that the Macro controllers won't ever be D.I.Y Kit, let's be honest, the only ones that are capable of installing it are the ones that made it, lol.

But Hopefully you guys can get the D.I.Y Kits for the New Matrix2 Controllers really SOON, I just need to be entertained until I go to Seattle to snowboard in Steven's Pass :D

But Thanks for the info!

"Never say never"

Ducky

Fall of 2011. We are shooting for the next 360 controllers to be right before MW3. However, they may be after itI a but again shooting for them to be released before.

I am confused. When the new controllers come out will they make the macro controllers obsolete or will the new controllers be similar to a macro with less features or is the new one going back to the Odins raven, Thors hammer style controllers

odingalt

Staff member
Add a Tyr's Hand with red LED's to the list. We have more customizations coming soon...

NYjetsNY1

I am confused. When the new controllers come out will they make the macro controllers obsolete or will the new controllers be similar to a macro with less features or is the new one going back to the Odins raven, Thors hammer style controllers

Spoke to you over xbox explaining this.