new xbox controller question

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

ok so i was thinking about swaping the new guide button and the plastic piece around the mic port to my viking are they compatible? also was planning on swaping out my ps3 sticks for some ps2 sticks because there worn out :(

v360Reflex

XxbinnoxX said:
Ps2 sticks work just fine. The black trim where the mic is should fit. Also i believe the guide button is.

I DONT KNOW about real ps3 thumbsticks tho cuz i was at my friends and he plays noob ps3 and so i took apart one of his controllers and swapped out them thumbsticks with my 360 sticks and they dont fit really good so im going to cut some of the capped circle edged off

Krier023

Useful Poster
yeah on the ps3 sticks most of the time you have to sand down the base of them because it is bigger than a 360 stick

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

modded matt said:
sounds like you should just transplant the viking chip to a new controller.
Why the motherboard works just fine it's just there's no grip left on the thumb sticks. As for the guide button it's just the cap is worn down. And the plastic around the bottom is gray and the other one is black. MM can you explain to me why I should transplant the chip. I just don't understand why. Thanks

M1

Ben

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
modded matt said:
sounds like you should just transplant the viking chip to a new controller.
Why the motherboard works just fine it's just there's no grip left on the thumb sticks. As for the guide button it's just the cap is worn down. And the plastic around the bottom is gray and the other one is black. MM can you explain to me why I should transplant the chip. I just don't understand why. Thanks

M1

Sounds like it would be less hassle..

modded matt

right, alot less hassel, and you will have a new viking, if your stick caps are wore down and need to be replaced, think of whats happening to the springs inside the sticks themselves, which are only rated at 3000 cycles. (1500 up pressess and 1500 down presses, but hey, its your controller dude. have fun.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

modded matt said:
right, alot less hassel, and you will have a new viking, if your stick caps are wore down and need to be replaced, think of whats happening to the springs inside the sticks themselves, which are only rated at 3000 cycles. (1500 up pressess and 1500 down presses, but hey, its your controller dude. have fun.
Good point I think I'll do it. Wish me luck :)

Xx Binno xX

ok no problem. I opened my friends hammer to day to resolder the wire to led 4 and i thought oh hey i could do this. I opened my raven and i was like oh shit i dont think i can solder together the raven lol. jsut a question. where do you guys get your wires?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

XxbinnoxX said:
ok no problem. I opened my friends hammer to day to resolder the wire to led 4 and i thought oh hey i could do this. I opened my raven and i was like oh poop i dont think i can solder together the raven lol. jsut a question. where do you guys get your wires?
its pritty easy to find....radio shack..walmart...i even saw a 100 ft roll of 30awg wire at an auto parts store

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

XxbinnoxX said:
ok thanks bro i i might start soldering viking mods just to try it.
I do have experince in soldering I took an electronics class and I've made three JTAGs for friends so for somone who has no experience it could be pritty hard. But It might be worth a try ;)