PROBLEM: SYNC BUTTON/CHANGING MODES

G

I've had my viking for maybe a month now tops, but the sync button already quit working... At least for changing modes... It will sync with console still if held down... But it doesn't work for changing modes... Or turning off/on rapid fire... Anything I can do?... Don't have a T8 TORX or whatever... And I really don't want to deal with shipping & waiting... Plus wasting more money... Any other options to fix this problem?... Oh yeah and this is tyr's hand...

Xx Binno xX

I've had this problem as well when it doesn't turn off or change modes. Only way to turn it off is to take the battery pack out right? Take it the battery pack out and try reprogramming the controller that should clear everything up. If that doesn't work. you should upload the button preset to make sure everything responds right. If not then you will have to send it in. Its still under warranty so you will be fine.

G

How do I "reprogram" the controller? You mean with the bootloader?

I can't even put it in bootloader mode... Because that involves using the sync button... And the sync button only works for it's normal purpose.

Xx Binno xX

make sure your controller is turned off. if you have 3.5 mm jack plug it in to your controller then the to your computer. open the HID bootloader. hold the sync button and turn on the controller. it should go right into programming mode. Then from there click erase device. Then click open hex, put the all in one preset on there. Click program verify when its complete reset the device and it should work.

G

It says device not detected...

So let me get this straight... I open the program on pc... Hook up usb... With batteries IN controller, but controller turned off... Right?... Then turn it on & hold sync button while it's plugged plugged in?... I can't hold the sync button while plugged in... The plug on top of the controller from the wire covers it... And I've tried holding sync button and turning on controller without the plug intact... No effect... The sync button won't do anything but "sync"...

Xx Binno xX

Try going here and watching the video on how to program with the PnC cable. if this still doesn't work that means the solder fell off the sync button you will have to send it in for repairs. I'm not sure who to talk to. try opening a support ticket and tell them you need a repair. make sure you EXPLAIN everything that happened and what you tried to do to fix it and maybe they could help you more.

http://viking360.com/walk-throughs/thors-hammer/

G

Yeah I definitely can't put it in bootloader mode... That involves using the sync button secondary... I can only use the sync button to sync the controller to the console... I can't change modes, can't turn rapid fire on/off, and I can't set it to programming mode either... I guess it came unsoldered then...

G

Someone else ordered 2 of these and sold one of them to me...

Xx Binno xX

you might wanna talk to the person who sold you the controller they will have to send it back in to get it fixed because they bought it from viking360.com

G

Is there any way to reset the controller to program mode from the inside? I opened it up a little and I don't see anything wrong with or near the sync button. Everything looks fine.

G

Okay I actually did find a red wire that was unsoldered... Is there a diagram anywhere so I can see where it goes?...

G

I'm sorry for the horrible quality... But it's the wire that comes/goes to the bottom left of the chip... According to older diagrams it's the "sync" button... So that would make sense then?... Where does it need to go?...

Xx Binno xX

Ok well there should be a diagram in the DIY section on the forums that should help you out alot. But sense you opened the controller you voided the warranty

modded matt

wow what a crappy picture. please tell me thats not a silver cryistal... if so you got hosed. someone sold you an extreamly old product that should have been recalled.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah seems someone else had this problem too. you can solder the wire here. and there should be a little piece of wire that has been exposed.
014mdl.jpg

or you can solder to the middle prong on the actual sync button

G

modded matt said:
wow what a crappy picture. please tell me thats not a silver cryistal... if so you got hosed. someone sold you an extreamly old product that should have been recalled.
No idea what you're talking about...