PROBLEM: SYNC BUTTON/CHANGING MODES

G

Krier023 said:
Yeah seems someone else had this problem too. you can solder the wire here. and there should be a little piece of wire that has been exposed.
014mdl.jpg

or you can solder to the middle prong on the actual sync button
Yeah I just found that exact spot right before you posted I tried taping the wire to that exact spot first and quickly clicked the controller together to check I did this like 10 times and I still can't get it to change modes or turn off rapid fire any thoughts?

Krier023

Useful Poster
well the problem might be that the trace was broken on the controller. taping will not work it needs to be soldered, but read into that other thread it explains what to do if the trace is broken. you pretty much take a piece of wire and solder to both sides of teh break in the trace.

G

Thanks for all your help guys I put some solder on the wire and touched it to that spot and had it working momentarily but it wasn't enough and it came undone when I put the controller back together... The only soldering gun I have is kind of big... The tip is like the size of a pencil eraser but with a narrow point... Is it safe to touch the soldering iron to the board and solder it like that? Or should I just try to get more solder on the wire before pressing it down? The way the wire lays it's like putting in/out the batter pack almost touches the wire and there's not much room to tape it out of the way... It wasn't even taped by whoever made it to begin with... So the wire was free hanging out the battery pack.

Xx Binno xX

you can solder the board i believe dont quote me on that but if you do make sure you don't burn the board. Also put solder on the wire touch it to the board and wait a few minutes for it to dry then you should be good.

modded matt

I was talking about the viking chip in your picture that was removed. I couldnt tell cause it was a crappy picture, but in it it looked like you have a silver oval shaped part just below the main chip on the viking board. it should be black. if it is silver it was an origional viking chip that was recalled and replaced when viking first steped into the modding scene. (haha ive been here longer than most realise)

but if you got it working, no worries. good job.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

modded matt said:
I was talking about the viking chip in your picture that was removed. I couldnt tell cause it was a crappy picture, but in it it looked like you have a silver oval shaped part just below the main chip on the viking board. it should be black. if it is silver it was an origional viking chip that was recalled and replaced when viking first steped into the modding scene. (haha ive been here longer than most realise)

but if you got it working, no worries. good job.
How could you even see anything on the chip when his finger was in the way?