PS3 Ragnarok v1.3 New Driver up date???

John Black

Hi there, can somebody tell me how to download the update the instructions don't explain this plus I will need to know how to use it and set it up.

odingalt

Staff member
Oh I was clicking the (?) fast reload under the default modes list not the other one with all the times on it. I still cant get auto sprint to work but i dont really need it.

Are you activating auto sprint properly? You must hold BOTH: the mod switch and the throw lethal button (R2 in default button layout), then tap the left thumbstick. If you only hold the mod switch and tap the left thumbstick, you are turning on sniper hold breath, not auto sprint. Once auto sprint is activated, push forward as if to start running and then tap your ADS/scope button (L2 in the default button layout). Remember, your controller must be set to button map #1 (default button layout) or else all your buttons are going to be different than what I am describing. Also in-game you must be in the default button layout. You can check your button layout by holding mod switch + holding triangle and counting the blinks. You should be on one blink.

odingalt

Staff member
Updated one of the controllers that I have and something went wrong with the updated process and now the controller won't connect to the compter and none of the mods work on the controller anymore. Is there a way to restore the software back on the mod chip?

Did you not follow the instructions and click on ERASE first? People seem to not want to read the instructions in the firmware update tool :).

You can try this:

Open up the firmware updater tool, close all other programs.
Unplug the USB charging cable from the PS3 controller.
Power it off (if it won't power off, stick a paperclip into the small reset hole on the back).
Plug the USB programming cable into your PC,
Now plug the other end into your PS3 Ragnarok.
(The controller should still be off, LED lights are off)
Now hold the mod switch,
While holding the mod switch, power up the controller by pressing the PSHome button.

At this point the computer should detect your controller.

hgirona

Ps3 controller not working correctly.

I have tried every possible way to turn on the turbo knife and unlimited sprint. Tried on tactical and default modes it does not take it. Done what it says hold mode button then L2 and sprint light 3 does not come on. Tried it in different map settings and nothing same with the turbo knife nothing. I downloaded the new files all 4 them but I don't know if it's correct if someone can help me here on what iam doing wrong I would appreciate the help. Also dropshot does not work at all. Version 1.3.

derricklkennedy

lol atleast im nnot the only slow person lol..... it's not a tactical grenade, you have to hold the tac switha and lethal grenade button(R2
) and either stock depending on wat u want to turn on

Last edited:

hgirona

Tried it that way too. Does not come on at all. Tac+R2+L3 or spint nothing no #3 light comes on tried it on map1 and map2 (default) and (tactical). Melee knife same thing followed institutions to the tee nothing. The new dropshot also not working. I dont know if my controller is taking the new version 1.3 in. When I put the new settings in and save to controller and then read the save settings it reverts to the old previous settings. So I need a little help here. I dont think the controller is bad. I must be doing something wrong or the new download is not downloaded correctly to my computer.

odingalt

Staff member
Tried it that way too. Does not come on at all. Tac+R2+L3 or spint nothing no #3 light comes on tried it on map1 and map2 (default) and (tactical). Melee knife same thing followed institutions to the tee nothing. The new dropshot also not working. I dont know if my controller is taking the new version 1.3 in. When I put the new settings in and save to controller and then read the save settings it reverts to the old previous settings. So I need a little help here. I dont think the controller is bad. I must be doing something wrong or the new download is not downloaded correctly to my computer.

You have to flash the Universal Driver v1.3 into your controller using the FIRMWARE UPDATER TOOL. This is a different tool than the customization software, but you only have to do this part one time.

Then, when you connect your controller to the PS3 Ragnarok software, it should save driver version v1.3 when you connect your controller.

hgirona

Thanks for the reply odin but I figure it out. It works great man keep up the good work. In the next week I will be ordering another ps3 controller. They are awesome. thanks again.

cjotto76

So i updated to the 1.3 version. The fast reload with the semtex has some problems. Whether it is on Mode 5,6 or 7 it seems to switch to the secondary weapon after a reload. Tried it on all different modes and the same results. Also, couldn't get auto sprint to work. #3 light came on but auto sprint didn't.

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for the reply odin but I figure it out. It works great man keep up the good work. In the next week I will be ordering another ps3 controller. They are awesome. thanks again.

Sweet, let me know if you have more problems.

So i updated to the 1.3 version. The fast reload with the semtex has some problems. Whether it is on Mode 5,6 or 7 it seems to switch to the secondary weapon after a reload. Tried it on all different modes and the same results. Also, couldn't get auto sprint to work. #3 light came on but auto sprint didn't.

Stupid question, is your combatant equipped with and holding a SemTex grenade. (If so, I can take a look at this and test it out again, maybe some timing problems in my firmware?)

Auto sprint is working great for me on v1.3. Can you confirm it's not working, here's what I do: (I am in default button layout) hold mod + hod lethal + tap leftstick to turn on auto sprint, player 3 LED turns on. Then I hold the stick forward to start running, and at about the same time I flick the scope button (L2, left trigger), my guy starts sprinting forward. What I am wondering is if you are just flicking the scope button and then pressing forward, maybe this is the difference? Maybe calling it auto-sprint isn't the right term, but this is the same way that the competition's auto-sprint works (it's not really auto, really it's more like sprint-reassign, you can sprint by pressing the scope key instead of pressing in the left thumbstick).

Keep me updated, I'll keep checking back at this thread, I want to fix up any and all bugs in this v1.3beta release :). Thanks for coming here and posting! Your posts are very helpful.

cjotto76

Yes. My guy has semtex in hand and ready to throw. After it gets to the top of the reload, my scondary weapon comes out. Weird

As far as the auto sprint, I thought it would be like the marathon perk from previous MW games where you could just run like forrest gump around the map. It worked when i flickered the scope button, but it didn't stay on. Now I know why. So no problems there.

odingalt

Staff member
Yes. My guy has semtex in hand and ready to throw. After it gets to the top of the reload, my scondary weapon comes out. Weird

As far as the auto sprint, I thought it would be like the marathon perk from previous MW games where you could just run like forrest gump around the map. It worked when i flickered the scope button, but it didn't stay on. Now I know why. So no problems there.

Yeah, we just basically try to label our features similar to the competition, I think a few other mod shops call it "auto sprint", but a more accurate description would be "sprint remap" or something similar to that.

I will re-test the Semtex Fast Reload modes of the v1.3beta driver. Let me know if you have troubles with normal fast reload or trophy system glitch fast reload or any other modes while you play.

cjotto76

Ohhh....1 other thing i forgot to mention. My secondary weapon only came out when I also had drop shot mode 2 on.

I haven't tried the throphy system reload yet but i will later today.

cjotto76

Well tried the fast reload again.........still pulls out secondary weapon. Very frustrating considering I have a launcher equipped. This time drop shot mode 2 was off.

Also now I'm having trouble with the turbo knife. While it's enabled sometimes i cant even swing the knife at all. I just stand there like a loser waiting to get killed. That's really great when that happens.

odingalt

Staff member
Well tried the fast reload again.........still pulls out secondary weapon. Very frustrating considering I have a launcher equipped. This time drop shot mode 2 was off.

Also now I'm having trouble with the turbo knife. While it's enabled sometimes i cant even swing the knife at all. I just stand there like a loser waiting to get killed. That's really great when that happens.

If you press the melee a second time too quickly, it won't knife. The same thing happens if you turn off turbo knife and just spam the melee button - it won't always knife. You've got to get the timing down just right.

hgirona

Great job

Odin I like to start by saying keep up the goog job man. The controller does everything you said it would do. Guys I can tell u is a little frustrating in the beginning but once u get the new hex program I the controller an it says program is complete u should have no problem with the programming. It is what I call flawless it works and it works great. Thanks again Odin. Look forward to new updates.

odingalt

Staff member

Tested, modes 5-7 working fine for me still. You mentioned being equipped with launcher but the instructions say that you must be holding a SemTex for fast reloads mode 5-7. If I am no longer holding the SemTex then yes, it will switch to your secondary weapon. Once you've thrown your semtex you need to switch off the fast reload.

cjotto76

Tested, modes 5-7 working fine for me still. You mentioned being equipped with launcher but the instructions say that you must be holding a SemTex for fast reloads mode 5-7. If I am no longer holding the SemTex then yes, it will switch to your secondary weapon. Once you've thrown your semtex you need to switch off the fast reload.

I meant that my launcher is in my custom class as a secondary weapon. NOT equipped. After I tried to reload, it would switch from my primary weapon to my launcher. So basically the fast reload only works once cause you only have 1 semtex grenade. After that, it doesn't work a second time?? I think you're better off using sleight of hand then.

The turbo knife mod, I guess i'll have to practice to get the timing down.