PS3 rapid fire

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Just wondering, but wouldn't your curent code (for COD anyway) work for PS3 as well, with the swaping of the triggers? The only diference from 360 is that R1 (the top button) is shoot, and the same inversion is on the left side. some games use R2 for shoot though, so some code for that is needed as well. I'm not a coder, but thats what I think. Unless the voltage is reflected in the code, because PS3 runs on 3.7, and x-box runs on 3(?). I'm willing to test a chip in my sixaxis, it came with an original 60 gig system, so it's way out of waranty. If it works in mine, my brothers will probably let me at theirs, a different model sixaxis and a dualshok 3. Please tell me, will it wreck my board to touch a wire to power, and while a game is runing, touch it to other points to see if they are solder points? Because the buttons on the controller just let the power through to the required places right?

eastoakland

If you want rapid fire so bad get an xbox. Problem solved.

I think I'm going to go over to the forum of the guys you make Gran Turismo and give them reasons to make their game for the xbox.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Ha ha very funny. I just prefer PS3, and my younger brother loves ratchet and clank, which is ony for PS3. Your welcome to go and try and get an x-box gran trismo though. There a plenty of people who prefer playstation, and PS3 rapidfire is definatly needed.

odingalt

Staff member
Since PS3 rapidfire sounds rare, I'll sell you a PS3 dual trigger rapidfire controller for $10,000

hahahaha

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It's not necessarily rare, just kinda crappy. Your rapidfire is the best I've seen for either system, and I think it's easily adaptable to PS3. Now, please somebody tell me, will it be safe to find the solder points as I have described?

odingalt

Staff member
To answer one of the questions, I found most of the solder points from a lot of the posts over at xbox-scene.com They had some hi-res screenshots. A guy made the screenshots and theyn drew in all of the different solder points for all o fthe butotns.

You should be able to find them with a multimeter with the batteries removed, since the batteries are removed there should be no risk of electrical shock or damage.

This is of course assuming that the PS3 controller is more like the XBOX's 'common ground' controller, not a 'matrix' style controller.

knightsy1

Theres a way of connecting a xbox 360 controller to a ps3 maybe if you brought a mod then done that you could just use these mods.

obo

Yeah. Its called the ps360 controller. Ben heck made one. But unless you want to dish out some serious dough, youre pretty much out of luck

Paul

knightsy1 said:
Theres a way of connecting a xbox 360 controller to a ps3 maybe if you brought a mod then done that you could just use these mods.

It all goes back to the point of being compatible with the ps3 board.

What you're talking about is a ps3 board in a 360 shell.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
knightsy1 said:
I've seen those, they are expensive (like $100) and they only work with wired controllers, which viking doesn't work with.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, the datel wildfire right? It looks like a piece of crap controller (uncomfortable and cheaply made). Also, it can't do any sort of macro's like the fast reload or jitter. It also dosn't have any more than 3 exact speed settings, no customizable or game tuned.

o KxR Khaos o

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
o KxR Khaos o said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
The reason I want a ps3 mod is because of the bacround of my sig :twisted: :lol:

He used to have his M.A.G stats there. He had a .6x K/D Ratio :shock:
No I had a mag bacround with bfbc stats....but thanks for telling me I suck as well :cry: :cry:
You don't suck, your just virtually challenged in BFBC, Were alike =P i have a .9 K/D in BFBC2. :D