Question on issue with jitter?

LATIN-REAPER

Hello,
First of all...BIG THANKS for an awesome product!
I have not experienced the glitch mentioned in this thread,but i have been having a different problem with jitter and the R870...
So happens that many times the gun would lock up and i get switched to my secondary weapon,which is sometimes just a knife
(not a good thing for a gun battle,lol)... Is there something I'm doing wrong? Maybe you can give me some advice on a proper setup if I'm doing this wrong,any help would be greatly appreciated

odingalt

Staff member
If you have the USB Ragnarok, I would recommend upgrading to driver version v1.4 because the jitter is much, much improved and chances are it will solve any issues you are having using jitter.

odingalt

Staff member
Are you on Mode 3 (xyy method) ? Or Mode 7 (xyy method) ?

When your clip is empty I think this happens, for xyy to work properly you must have enough bullets remaining for one more reload, after that when you have 0 bullets available for a reload the jitter xyy is basically done.

LATIN-REAPER

Hello Odin and thanks for your response,
I actually have been using jitter mode 4, simply because if i pick up a random weapon from the ground and i need to a/d/s,
i dont want the jitter to be a problem...if i simply turn the mod off,then i know im good for forgetting to turn it back on...then oops the reaper gets reaped...LOL
Is mode 4 the wrong 1 to use? Should i be using 3 or 7 instead?
***FYI,the jitter locks up on me sometimes with as many as 5 or 6 rounds still loaded into the R870.
BTW...You are running an awesome company,many thanks to you and your staff.

odingalt

Staff member
Mode 4 should be ok really it's the same jitter as Mode 3. Are you sure you are on v1.4 does it say v1.4 when you connect the windows software? Maybe you can try 7 and 8 instead and see if any improvement I think it's a slower jitter.

Bernard

I'm having the same issue using Mode 7 (jitter) with my PS3 Ragnarok. Happens after one shot or sometimes 4 or 5 shots with the 870. Suddenly switches to the knife (secondary weapon). I also have V1.4 installed. Seems like it's very unpredictable when it happens.

odingalt

Staff member
I blame crappy host quality causing the whole system to fart and skip a beat and throw the jitter out of sequence.

CovertClay

Yeah I agree with you Odin. Black ops 2 servers Absolutly suck. It seems like it picks the absolute worst host all of the time and the best part is, if you have a cable ISP and a wired connection to your modem, you will still lag because everything goes through 1 person with a crappy connection! I have only seen one game where everyone had a 4/4 bar connection. If this is really causing an issue with jitter I suggest optimizing your Internet connection as much as possible. There's a bunch of stuff out there but the 2 main things are (1) cable or fiber optic ISP is best and (2) wired connection brings stability. If you have those 2 things it will greatly improve your chances of being host, reduce lag, and solve the jitter problem. I'm very currious to know if you guys have a wired or wireless connection set up.

Hope this helped!

Bernard

I have a wired connection. I plan on going into private match and just shooting rapidly with the R870 and jitter mode 7. I'll see what the results are. In theory it shouldn't switch to the secondary suddenly since I'm not connecting to a host. Maybe others can try this test as well and report back on your findings.

CovertClay

I have a wired connection. I plan on going into private match and just shooting rapidly with the R870 and jitter mode 7. I'll see what the results are. In theory it shouldn't switch to the secondary suddenly since I'm not connecting to a host. Maybe others can try this test as well and report back on your findings.

Technically your your own host when you start a private match. If you want to take out ALL of the networking factors then I suggest going into a local match not private. But then again you shouldn't have any issues either way. You could also try hosting a private match and inviting 10 of your friends and see if the problem persists. If the problem persists while your hosting a lobby with 8+ people but goes away when you test it in local match, then it's most likely something to do with your connection. Unfortunately, if you go to a public match and some one elce is hosting, EVERTHING depends on theyre connection, sadly. I could take about home networking all day but if your router has a QOS setting I would suggest you set the LAN port (or Mac adress) your ps3 is using to the highest priority and see if that helps. I'm wondering if anyone has tried QOS with this jitter ploblem. QOS basically gives the packets of data a higher priority over other network traffic. Regardless, let me know if you find out anything or have anymore questions. :)

Last edited:

Bernard

Technically your your own host when you start a private match. If you want to take out ALL of the networking factors then I suggest going into a local match not private. But then again you shouldn't have any issues either way. You could also try hosting a private match and inviting 10 of your friends and see if the problem persists. If the problem persists while your hosting a lobby with 8+ people but goes away when you test it in local match, then it's most likely something to do with your connection. Unfortunately, if you go to a public match and some one elce is hosting, EVERTHING depends on theyre connection, sadly. I could take about home networking all day but if your router has a QOS setting I would suggest you set the LAN port (or Mac adress) your ps3 is using to the highest priority and see if that helps. I'm wondering if anyone has tried QOS with this jitter ploblem. QOS basically gives the packets of data a higher priority over other network traffic. Regardless, let me know if you find out anything or have anymore questions. :)

Great suggestions CovertClay. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Bernard

OK...just tested a private lobby with just myself in it. R870 switched to the secondary is random but does happen. Also (this may already be known) when you get down to the last 8 shells of ammo the R870 becomes a single (jitter doesn't work) shot gun. This test was done with jitter mode 7. Same behavior happen in a Local match as well.

CovertClay

OK...just tested a private lobby with just myself in it. R870 switched to the secondary is random but does happen. Also (this may already be known) when you get down to the last 8 shells of ammo the R870 becomes a single (jitter doesn't work) shot gun. This test was done with jitter mode 7. Same behavior happen in a Local match as well.

Huh, well it can't be anything to do networking if your having the issue offline than its not a networking issue. I would run this by Odin. Did you try other modes as well?

Bernard

Huh, well it can't be anything to do networking if your having the issue offline than its not a networking issue. I would run this by Odin. Did you try other modes as well?

Didn't try any other mode. I usually only use mode 7. Mode 3 seems like it shoots to fast and pellets don't go out. I even had a fully charged controller to eliminate the possiblity it could be a low battery issue. I'll try the other modes Friday. Hopefully some others out there are testing this too. I would hate to be reporting this and be the only one having the issue.

CovertClay

Well when I get my ps3 ragnarok for Christmas ill test this out for sure. I'm pretty sure other people are having the same issue though

odingalt

Staff member
Must be some sort of variation between one controller and another controller.

For example the minimum button press that can be recognized varies from 15 ms to 25 ms depending on if you are on an XBOX360 or PS3 controller. It sounds like your specific controller may need an even longer button press to be present.

In other words if my modchip is making button presses at 15 ms pulses, your controller might be missing a button press here or there, throwing off the rhythm of the jitter.

Works fine on three different controllers I have sitting here on my computer desk . Makes troubleshooting rather difficult without having you mail your controller to my house :-x. I'll have more time to look at it when I am not working 20 hour days trying to fill orders from the holiday rush. One more week to go...

CovertClay

Must be some sort of variation between one controller and another controller.

For example the minimum button press that can be recognized varies from 15 ms to 25 ms depending on if you are on an XBOX360 or PS3 controller. It sounds like your specific controller may need an even longer button press to be present.

In other words if my modchip is making button presses at 15 ms pulses, your controller might be missing a button press here or there, throwing off the rhythm of the jitter.

Works fine on three different controllers I have sitting here on my computer desk . Makes troubleshooting rather difficult without having you mail your controller to my house :-x. I'll have more time to look at it when I am not working 20 hour days trying to fill orders from the holiday rush. One more week to go...

Hey Odin, from your current knowledge, are a lot of ps3 ragnaroks having this issue? Or are some xbox360s having the same problems?

Bernard

Just to throw this out there...I don't recall this being an issue until BO 2 put out an update late last month. Up until that new update was released I don't remember having the issue. I think they changed the R870 by reducing one-hit kill range by 45 inches. Not sure if that would have any impact on the different jitter modes?