Question on issue with jitter?

odingalt

Staff member
Hey Odin, from your current knowledge, are a lot of ps3 ragnaroks having this issue? Or are some xbox360s having the same problems?

This is news to me. The helpdesk/ticketing system is quiet. If it were an epidemic I would have released a software update already. I've learned to be cautious -- I can't release a new software update based on input from 1 or 2 customers, because if I do and it's wrong, then I could screw up the software for thousands of other customers and then they are unhappy lol. Keep this thread updated and I will get on-line and download the latest patches and do some more testing in the mean time.

Like Bernard said, it may be caused by an update rolled out by the software developers. They roll out one software update per month (on average, sometimes more especially during the holidays) and more often than not their updates are tweaking things that affect how rapidfire controllers work. In some cases they specifically release updates to target modded controllers such as when they patched some of the awesome mods NYJets came out with a couple years ago.

Or like I said, maybe there's some analog variation in the controllers (there is), so for every 1,000 units we sell, 5 customers have a problem.

CovertClay

This is news to me. The helpdesk/ticketing system is quiet. If it were an epidemic I would have released a software update already. I've learned to be cautious -- I can't release a new software update based on input from 1 or 2 customers, because if I do and it's wrong, then I could screw up the software for thousands of other customers and then they are unhappy lol. Keep this thread updated and I will get on-line and download the latest patches and do some more testing in the mean time.

Like Bernard said, it may be caused by an update rolled out by the software developers. They roll out one software update per month (on average, sometimes more especially during the holidays) and more often than not their updates are tweaking things that affect how rapidfire controllers work. In some cases they specifically release updates to target modded controllers such as when they patched some of the awesome mods NYJets came out with a couple years ago.

Or like I said, maybe there's some analog variation in the controllers (there is), so for every 1,000 units we sell, 5 customers have a problem.

Hey Odin,
I totally understand what your saying about releasing the software just to fix 1 or 2 people's issues. But if you did we would sure feel special :) jk. When I get my ragnarok, ill test out jitter and get back to you. Mabe people havn't even tried using jitter with the R870 and just use the controller for rapidfire instead. For example, I didn't even know you could use jitter for shotguns untill I stumbled apon a Viking video demonstrating it.

dekor8tor

just to say I am having the same problem with the ps3 usb ragnarok and the r870 with jitter mode 4 it happens everytime I respawn without touching anything I throw a lethal and then secondary weapon pops up

Bernard

just to say I am having the same problem with the ps3 usb ragnarok and the r870 with jitter mode 4 it happens everytime I respawn without touching anything I throw a lethal and then secondary weapon pops up

From what I hear they may be releasing an firmware update sometime in January for the PS3 controller to address this issue.