Technical post: what's different about the macro mod chip?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Toymachine363 said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Toymachine363 said:
okay well something awesome happened today. i got a hundred dollars so im about 114 dollars away. also i might be able to sell my hammer for 150 to my friend. OR this person actually might buy the new controller for me so i can keep my hammer AND the hundred dollars. or use the money from my hammer and the huindred and buy an HD PVR. yay
want to buy me an HD PVR????...lol jkjkjk

hmm i could get the girl thats buying my macro for me to buy you on if u want :p lmao jkjk
hmmmm...is she a gamer???.....is she HOT??????......lolololololol

odingalt said:
We thought long and hard about existing customer discounts, at the end of the day we decided against it because we were worried existing customers would keep their raven/hammer/tyr's hand and give the discount coupon codes to their friends.

I for one wouldn't even think about giving my friend my coupon code that's for sure! But if you guys are worried about coupons being abuse then what about a trade in system in order to receive a discount coupon code (one time use only) by email? Once you guys receive the Legacy controller the customer who mailed it in gets a "one time use only" discount coupon code via email??? Since it was a traded, in exchange for a coupon code you don't really have to worry about friends getting a hold of that code (as long as it's a one time use code) since the person who traded it in is most likely going to use the coupon towards the new controller!!!

odingalt

Staff member
LiOnHeArT24 said:
I for one wouldn't even think about giving my friend my coupon code that's for sure! But if you guys are worried about coupons being abuse then what about a trade in system in order to receive a discount coupon code (one time use only) by email? Once you guys receive the Legacy controller the customer who mailed it in gets a "one time use only" discount coupon code via email??? Since it was a traded, in exchange for a coupon code you don't really have to worry about friends getting a hold of that code (as long as it's a one time use code) since the person who traded it in is most likely going to use the coupon towards the new controller!!!

It might get a little dicey taking trade-ins because we won't know if the trade-in is in good value, plus we'd have to go back onto the website and create a new products section for refurbished legacy controllers, at which point new customers to the site might start getting confused about which is what (since we stupidly name everything 'the viking', we were going to call the new controller Valhalla, but Microsoft took that with their new console's motherboard)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
LiOnHeArT24 said:

It might get a little dicey taking trade-ins because we won't know if the trade-in is in good value, plus we'd have to go back onto the website and create a new products section for refurbished legacy controllers, at which point new customers to the site might start getting confused about which is what (since we stupidly name everything 'the viking', we were going to call the new controller Valhalla, but Microsoft took that with their new console's motherboard)
call it the ODINS BEASTIN!!!(lol get it odins raven..)

Fredrow

These are 3 names I thought would have been good to use.....

The Viking 2.0

Viking Witness

Viking Magnum Force

Ben

Not sure about Viking Witness, though the more I say it to myself the more I begin to like it ;)

Also could you get a bigger Sig? actually made me LOL

Fredrow

Ben. said:
Not sure about Viking Witness, though the more I say it to myself the more I begin to like it ;)

Well I'm 6'5" so everything that I do has to be big!!!!!......lol......

Toymachine363

hmm ok here are some ideas im just gonna randomely thing of and most likely they'll all be totally stupid

Odins Oseberg
Oseberg
Dark Oseberg

uhmm. i cant think of anything thats viking related lol

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Fredrow said:
Ben. said:

Really? You don't look that tall... You're the white guy in the picture of the 2 guys with a custum xbox and an etcha sketch right? I guess it could be because you're still pretty skinny... I'm 6'6" and barrel chested.

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
Fredrow said:
Ben. said:

Really? You don't look that tall... You're the white guy in the picture of the 2 guys with a custum xbox and an etcha sketch right? I guess it could be because you're still pretty skinny... I'm 6'6" and barrel chested.

Plus I'm sitting down in that picture, and the other guy has a name man it's the RZA.....Bong!.........

Yeah I'm skinny, I'm like the white Snoop Dogg.......

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, I wouldn't know them apart... I knew it was one of them though, cause he signed your xbox. I looked them up on youtube once cause you're always praising them, but it wasn't my thing... Not bad, but just not for me. They're not popular up here, I'd never heard of them before I joined the forum.

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
Yeah, I wouldn't know them apart... I knew it was one of them though, cause he signed your xbox. I looked them up on youtube once cause you're always praising them, but it wasn't my thing... Not bad, but just not for me. They're not popular up here, I'd never heard of them before I joined the forum.

Actual they are pretty big up in Canada, and all around the world.... The Hip-Hop game has changed a lot over the past 5 years...... Also another reason why you haven't really heard of them is because your like 12 years old.... I would also bet money on it that you don't even listen to any sort of hip-hop or rap music.......

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Fredrow said:
PS3andCOD said:

Actual they are pretty big up in Canada, and all around the world.... The Hip-Hop game has changed a lot over the past 5 years...... Also another reason why you haven't really heard of them is because your like 12 years old.... I would also bet money on it that you don't even listen to any sort of hip-hop or rap music.......
lol........i hate rap and i have still known about them for a LONG time......im more of a hardcore and heavy metal person.

v360Reflex

only thing that i hate about the Multi-light is that the light colors dont show in the X of the guide button :( but its okay lol! CANT WAIT FOR MY NEW VIKING :D and CoD BlackOps!

also OD when you said that you can skip/scroll through modes of pages really fast and said it'd be done i think ? on the thumbstick? can you change how you can scroll fast through them? also i forgot think you mentioned it before .. but how many pages is there total??

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

v360Reflex said:
only thing that i hate about the Multi-light is that the light colors dont show in the X of the guide button :( but its okay lol! CANT WAIT FOR MY NEW VIKING :D and CoD BlackOps!

also OD when you said that you can skip/scroll through modes of pages really fast and said it'd be done i think ? on the thumbstick? can you change how you can scroll fast through them? also i forgot think you mentioned it before .. but how many pages is there total??
6 pages and yes to all your questions

odingalt

Staff member
First software will release has 5 pages, midway through October we will release the update for up to 16 pages if you really want them all, somehow we missed the color selection on the initial release, this will be fixed immediately/ASAP so stay tuned for a software update already in the first or second week of October.

Somebody help take over for me I'm starting to have deja vu in the forums lol. I might actually stop coming in for the next week or two and just wait for the product to be released so I can quit answering the same three questions.

ONLY THE TACTILE SWITCHES CAN CHANGE PAGES
ONLY THE TACTILE SWITCHES CAN SCROLL THROUGH MODES (When that feature is released in the first update along with the LED color selection fix)
ONLY THE TACTILE SWITCHES CAN BE USED TO TOGGLE A MACRO ON/OFF

This is done because the controller is already going to confuse the hell out of customers, if you let customers choose the Button A as the page-scroll button, they'll submit support tickets all day asking why their game character jumps every time they hit the button to change pages....