This May Sound Dumb But... :-)

HopeAndLove

I notice I get stick drift a lot in my Controllers and I am hoping i do not get it in my Macro since I love that Thing. Would it be a good idea to spray compressed air on the buttons and in the Sticks so to much dust does not build up I have not used my Macro for a bit Just Wondering Thanks Guys. Oh yah is the Xbox one worth the Money at the Moment or should I wait longer to get one? I do Not have the money at the Moment Just Wondering for the Future. Thanks :)

bonefisher

I never had stick drift due to dust but to just plain worn out...wait for a sale on xbox one specially if your a little tight on cash!

modded matt

The sticks do not drift due to dust. They drift because of the cheap springs that are used in the fabrication of the controllers. If you are worried about this, you need to just be smart. fighting games, golf games, and racing games where you are slamming the sticks should be avoided or care should be taken and of course, they should never be dropped.

odingalt

Staff member
Matt hit the nail on the head. Microsoft's quality of production of the thumbsticks in their controllers went down the toilet sometime around 2010-2011.

Tate24

I would wait on the xbox one because I wish I would've held on to mine. My reason is that the xb1 right now doesn't have any games out worth the purchase. It seems the games I was hoping to come out this year won't till 2015. I wish they would've made it to where at least you could play some of the older COD games (at least BO2) and such.

odingalt

Staff member
I was thinking the same exact thing. It would be nice to play old COD games on the new XB1 console.

Agent

For this exact reason I will be bringing my 360 down to college and leaving my One at home.

modded matt

I would wait on the xbox one because I wish I would've held on to mine. My reason is that the xb1 right now doesn't have any games out worth the purchase. It seems the games I was hoping to come out this year won't till 2015. I wish they would've made it to where at least you could play some of the older COD games (at least BO2) and such.

I do not agree with this statement. There is COD Ghosts, Battle field 4, sniper elite3, forza, need for speed, wolfinstine, titanfall, Fifa, UFC, etc, all of these run much better on the xbox one and are worth playing. here is a full list: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-one

Your living in the past. There is no backwards compatibility for either system. Now had you say something about the OS or party chat issues, I would be more inclined to agree, but your statement only holds water for someone who cant afford or wont purchase full games and it this is the case you should have never complained about the DRM policy MS originally had in place. ( I could name you as family and you could play my games from anywhere in the world) but poor people could not see past their own nose and destroyed this awesome concept because they could not rent games.....go to redbox and try to rent an Xbox one or PS4 game...

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
I've been preaching this from day one when they were talking about the DRM. Its next gen but everyone could not see past their noise (to quote matt). Everyone had to have their physical disc format and were too scared about streaming everything through the cloud. And everyone e crying I have to have gold membership. If u can't afford it stick with a ps3 and play your free online. The way everything went down really pissed me off and to be honest I blame a lot of it on ps3 fanboys. A majority of people who signed the pateshion to reverse the DRM polices were PlayStation fanboys. I just wished MS would off gave the option to choose DRM or no DRM. I belive u can still add people to your family to play your games but I believe (not sure) its only like 3 people or something. It was a tradgity and MS should of just said FU we are doing this like it or Dont buy it. That's how I feel.

JIM WALKER

I have admit that all the complaints around the "could have would have" features of the XB1 make no sense at all, regardless of what is or isn't matters not a jot, we should be getting on with what we have, make the most of it, tweek it to suit us, such as our controllers for instance, often an average music system can be improved massively by the choice of speakers, same with xbox, it is what it is, so either enjoy it or go find another form of entertainment, whining about it will not change it ...philosophical rant over, if I have offended anyone then so be it, it is after all, just an opinion ......

Last edited:

modded matt

the family share is only for people in your home to use your content on your xbox. But there are talks of MS bringing back the DRM after the holidays this year.

odingalt

Staff member
XBOX One/PS4 have a hard time because gamer expectations are at an all time high.... remember back when 360 was released... it hardly had anything... that had 3 or 4 dashboard updates before XBOX 360 became the awesome console it is today.

Microsoft should have waited until Winter of 2015 to release the new XBOX One. They should have guaranteed that DRM wouldn't eliminate "Second hand" used game sales. They should have unbundled kinect, or, included free kinect games and actually made kinect voice work (voice recognition is still a pile of shit, I got hoarse yelling at my xbox). These three things really piss off consumers. 360 still has some good years left in it, nobody wants kinect (at least not without awesome functionality and features which are seriously lacking, kinect doesn't do shit for you on XBOX One), and the DRM with regards specifically to used games and the always on connection requirement made customers angry. They should have found a better way to do DRM with a periodic check-in or some other kind of restriction if you didn't have an internet connection, but, found a way to require game makers to allow third-party/second hand used sales.

I don't game a lot guys, but every since I unboxed my XBOX One and PS4 (bought both for developing modded controllers), I only play my XBOX One. I haven't played my XBOX 360 but once to test some features on Call of Duty and it looked like crap, all pixelated. FYI I never played Forza until I bought XBOX One and that's just about all I play (and I'm not a very big racing fan either). The HD is crisp on both new consoles, it's hard to go back to the lower resolution of the games on the old gen consoles. On-line gameplay is infinitely superior because some of these games feature real host servers - instead of the laggy peer to peer hosting crap.

IF YOU UPGRADE TO XBOX ONE FOR ONE REASON, DO IT TO GET AWAY FROM THE PEER-TO-PEER HOSTING GARBAGE OF THE XBOX 360. P2p hosting on XBOX 360 ruined the entire XBOX 360 experience for me. I spent more hours on laggy sessions, and dropped game sessions, and waiting in lobbies than I spent actually playing games.

Also I was a big fan of the Microsoft DRM - simply because it would have allowed me to share my games anywhere in the world without lugging around my DVD's. I have lost hundreds of dollars on scratched up DVD discs and the crappy quality DVD drive in these consoles. The DRM was going to be awesome, let me buy games on-line disc-free and play them on any console anywhere on the planet = awesome in my book. Consumers were really narrow minded about the DRM and now we are stuck lugging around the fucking DVD's/blurays to our friend's for another decade...

People talked about buying used games at Gamestop being the #1 reason they didn't like the DRM - it's a waste of time - go there, buy a game, find out the disc is scratched, get ripped off (or spend the next 3 weekends driving back and forth to gamestop to keep trading out until you get a disc that actually works). Also the DRM didn't say there wouldn't be electronic used game sales, but it did say it might let certain game developers prevent re-sale of used games. Microsoft should have found a solution for this, if they would have guaranteed a "Second hand" used game market with DRM then they would have been able to win consumers back without turning 180 on their DRM policy.

I like the new consoles. I probably would not have bought one yet though, I only did because I had to in order to develop modded controllers. If I were a regular Joe Shmoe, I wouldn't have looked at upgrading for a couple of years, mostly because XBOX One arrived too early and they dropped the ball on a couple big items at launch, and the damn console is obviously early because none of the features were ready yet.

odingalt

Staff member
Long story short. XBOX One/PS4 = awesome looking HD games, less crappy peer to peer hosting lag on multiplayer. XBOX One controller is much better in my opinion. Even the PS4 (and I'm not a fan of Sony controllers) is hugely improved over the original (with the exception of the fact they have major wireless connectivity issues and the thumbsticks wear out after about a month of play for some people). They launched these too early. Wait until 2015 instead and these consoles would have been perfect.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

All I can say is I hope Matt is right about MS bringing back the DRM and I look forward to the update where MS will update its processor to run @ 1080P more consecutively. I forgot the specs but MS did a demonstration on forenza 5 with a updated processor update and it sounds promising. It will also make it eaiser for developers to make next gen games run on true 1080 graphics. Let me update this I'll pull a thread up about what I'm talking about!

Here's a link that kinda talks about direct x12. This update will run games more smoothly. Hope this update comes true!http://xboxoneforums.com/threads/8768-xb1-could-get-directx12

Last edited:

Drastic

All I can say is I hope Matt is right about MS bringing back the DRM and I look forward to the update where MS will update its processor to run @ 1080P more consecutively. I forgot the specs but MS did a demonstration on forenza 5 with a updated processor update and it sounds promising. It will also make it eaiser for developers to make next gen games run on true 1080 graphics. Let me update this I'll pull a thread up about what I'm talking about!

Here's a link that kinda talks about direct x12. This update will run games more smoothly. Hope this update comes true!http://xboxoneforums.com/threads/8768-xb1-could-get-directx12
sorry to shoot your dreams down... phil spencer head of xbox said it wont make THAT much of a difference. (link to update) what will though is the cloud processing they showed off for new Crackdown! that'll be the future :) I feel xbox already lost... due to the slower ram and weaker processor... but I sold my ps4 cannot stand that system, IF DRM comes back they'll do it the right said Phil spencer

bonefisher

The message of the day.....if you want to play campaigns then buy a PS 4 for the graphics....if you want to play online then buy the XboxOne for service performance.... With that said overall winner is still champ.......PC! LOL

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

sorry to shoot your dreams down... phil spencer head of xbox said it wont make THAT much of a difference. (link to update) what will though is the cloud processing they showed off for new Crackdown! that'll be the future :) I feel xbox already lost... due to the slower ram and weaker processor... but I sold my ps4 cannot stand that system, IF DRM comes back they'll do it the right said Phil spencer
I have a hard time understanding what logic u mean by shooting my dreams down?

This is a real update in the works and its going to take a big weight of the processing power of the XB1. Graphically yes it not going to make a big difference but it will make for smoother framerates plus make it eaiser for game developers.

I'm not bias between consoles nor ever stated I was in my statement u quoted me in. I just want to clear this up to the readers.

I will openly admit I am XB1 over PS4 but my reasoning is based on exclusives and multiplayer support.

Bonefisher said it right when he speaks of buy a ps4 if u like campaines and a XB1 if u like multiplayer games.

My view is look back through previous history's of consoles, graphics alone do not sell a system "jaquire 64 perfect example".

If DRM comes back and with the added support of direct x12 it only adds extra benifits for XB1 owners. There are no dreams shot down and / or breaking it to me news because I've done the research and read all articles and know direct X12 is just another added benifit to XB1 owners and should be viewed as a benifical hardware update and to say it won't make a difference is missinforming and misleading.

To clarify its drastics words not mine that Xbox looses to ps4. I'm not buying into the fan boy console war crap. Not my M.O.

I feel u misenturprited my statement drastic. I want to clarify were I stand on all of this and we can agree to disagree on the topic at hand.

Last edited:

Tate24

I'm just pissed because I was waiting for Tom Clancy's The Division to come out this year. I'm a FPS gamer for the most part but The Division looks like the a badass game. The graphics are sick!!!!

JIM WALKER

The message of the day.....if you want to play campaigns then buy a PS 4 for the graphics....if you want to play online then buy the XboxOne for service performance.... With that said overall winner is still champ.......PC! LOL

Sadly, even though I am a dedicated xbox fan (not fanboy), lol, Bonefisher is absolutely right, personally I am happy to give up a little on the graphics to PS, for the overall better performance online from xbox, plus I hate the PS controllers .... all that said, PC is the best of both, sadly, too many hackers and modders on it, lol,