What does all our viking members play their games on ????

Xx Binno xX

Gaming Setup

Just wondering what kind of gaming setup you guys use out there
I use
  • 32" Toshiba 1080p 60HZ LCD Mounted to the wall (I want a Samsung 40" LCD 1080p 120HZ)
  • Xbox 360 slim not mods on it.
  • No gaming head setups not a fan but I want surround sound(any idea's)
  • FPS Freaks
  • I use wireless gaming (any idea's on good routers?)
Edit: Here are some pictures of my gaming setup and also my laptop Also my other setup.
Lenovo Thinkpad X201 tablet with intel I7 quad core 2.00 ghz. nothing special
  • Xbox 360 white 60gb hard drive
  • Old toshiba 13" tv with RCA jack lol (getting a 23" 1080P monitor with hdmi port for it) Click here to see it.
  • wireless keyboard and mouse.

Attachments

• gaming setup 1.jpg
    gaming setup 1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 12
  • gaming setup 2.jpg
    gaming setup 2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Sam NZl

42'' 1080p LCD tv mounted on wall with surround speakers 120gb elite console as my slim got stolen just the original got the linksys cisco WAG120N very good

HippieMagic

Xbox 360 Slim
32" 720p 60hz Element LCD
Viking Macro Controler(Silver)
HD PVR
Stock 360 Mic/Wireless 360 Mic

PS3 with the same setup

PC with:

Cooler Master HAF X 942 Full Tower
Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard
Intel Core i7-2600k
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB of DDR3
Corsair AX1200 1200w Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB *SSD for Boot Drive eventually*
Windows Home Premium(OEM but I have Professional to upgrade to when I do another clean install)
2 EVGA SuperClocked GTX 580s in SLI
Samsung Blu-Ray Player/Lightscribe drive.
Logitech G500 Mouse
Logitech G110 Keyboard
ASUS 23" 1080p 120hz LCD Display

That display also has a HDMI input if I ever care to use my consoles on it... 3D ready of course.

I think that covers it unless you want to know my handhelds too haha.

odingalt

Staff member
Unfortunately I don't play PC games any more. Last game I pla*** was RTCW:ET, the best multiplayer game of all time. Here's my work PC set-up. I just bought dual SSD's and a second video card for Crossfire.

GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 125W Quad-core processor
1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
2 x SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100281VX-2SR Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 CrossFire
COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 Black/Silver Steel Full-tower case (with silencing insulation)
EPS12V v2.92 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply (silent)
ZALMAN CNPS9900ALED 120mm 2 Ball Low-noise Blue LED CPU Cooler (very quiet, I definitely recommend)
Antec SpotCool 0761345-75018-9 Blue LED Case Fan (not so quiet)
GELID Solutions FN-PX12-15 120mm Case Fan with Intelligent PWM control (not so quiet)
2 x Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - RAID1 for reliability
2 x Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - RAID0 for scratch disk
2 x 1TB older drives (Samsung?) - RAID1 for reliability

"Accessories"
El-cheapo de-branded (formerly HP) 24" widescreen LCD display
El-cheapo microsoft keyboard
El-cheapo Logitech Marble Mouse USB
Blackmagic HD capture card

This thing is supposed to be my work horse, but it's obviously missing a few basics like blu-ray, and, in my opinion, I should hook this thing up with more monitors. The house is set up with Wireless-N D-links running stock router firmware (security enabled).

I have both the new and old XBOX360 and PS3 consoles, and a pile of about 15 different test controllers on a shelf in the corner. Also there is a TV in my computer workroom is a Sony 32" 120 hZ Bravia with 5 HDMI inputs. I have no audio system, just use the TV or Monitor speakers.

Future purchases will be some Klipsch audio equipment, dual monitors, upgrade my CPU to the maximum possible, and add a wifi card (I'm using homeplug ethernet at the moment).

HippieMagic

Intel and AMD both have some new CPUs coming up very soon. AMD is launching 8 cores and Intel is an unknown... I don't know if they will jump on the 8 core bandwagon or not but honestly 8 cores IS a little too many right now. I think they need to mainstream the 6 cores before moving up.

Remmnever

Xbox:

37" LG Plasma 1080p- It is only used for Xbox and that is it. Doesn't get turned on unless I'm playing xbox.
Xbox 360 Reach Slime console
Xbox 360 Jtagged Jasper with custom airbrushed case.
Headphones - Astro A30 - So I can play with Xbox or PC with them. With Mixamp of course.

For PC gaming I have 3 PC's but I only use my Macbook Pro 13" laptop right now because I don't play FPS or anything. My gaming pc is just set up as a home theatre system right now and I use it to stream movies to my 50" Plasma.

oDyNaMiiK

Xbox 360 white, PS3 slim, 19inch sharp hd tv for xbox, 52 inch sharp 1080p hdtv for tv got just a basic dell computer hooked up to it, i got fps freaks, turtle beach hpx with astro mixamp, black viking360 macro controller, and *** evilcontroller from like 2 years ago(that sucks) macbook pro for basic daily use, facebook,youtube... etc.

Krier023

Useful Poster
IMG_20110706_211117.jpg

Man cave lol.

50 in. insignia 720p plasma
flashed xbox
tritton ax720
actual 5.1 surround sound

Pc (for sale on 7s btw)
AMD Athlon II x4 630
4gb ram
WD Caviar Green 1.5tb hard drive
Samsung TS-H663C 22x DVD±RW DL SATA Drive
Raygo R12-40835 ATX Mid-Tower Case

Just helped my dad make the shelves, so my jtag, and xdk I am soon to get will be there in a couple weeks. I Also have an acer aspire laptop.

Xx Binno xX

Just picked my self up a 23" 1080p lcd with led black lit monitor for one of my setup's also this will help with my editing instead of staring at a 11.5" laptop screen.
my monitor.jpg

jay2nice000

50 inch plasma 1080p 600hz xbox slim 4g with custom 250 gig 7200rpm HD Tritton 720's Custom Rapid Modded controller ( will have have viking 360 controller in my hands in a week timed) i dont know what router i have my cable company gave me a free wireless router because i have there most expensive plan 250 channels with 40MBPS internet ( i know i know over kill but i do ALOT of downloading plus its nice to have host like 99 percent of time and have everyone green baring.) (plus speedtest said my internet is fast than 99 percent of the usa lmfao) I GOT THE POOOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEERRRRR!!!!!!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
52" sony full hd tv
regular xbox 360 taken apart lol
hd pvr
macro controller
astro a40s
then my gaming computer is also right next to me
netgear router the best one i dont remember the name

naruto uzumaki

Hi all viking members,

l was wondering what do you all play your games on, meaning LCD TV, LED TV, LCD Monitor etc and what size is it ? as l can't find any posts that asks this. I'm playing on an full HD LCD TV 42" and l find that when playing MW2 or Black Ops it's hard to spot the other team on large maps but the other team always seem to be able to spot me from a distance, l'm not saying l'm camping in one spot as l keep moving around cautiously. I'm thinking maybe because l'm playing a large TV the resolution is too pixelated, what do you all think or am l wrong ?? also have to add the other team ain't all usiing snipers but able to spot me with just any weapon using any scopes. Also was wondering does playing on a smaller LCD monitor instead will make a major difference in making the game more clearer and by the way l don't have a LCD monitor to test it on.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Hi all viking members,

l was wondering what do you all play your games on, meaning LCD TV, LED TV, LCD Monitor etc and what size is it ? as l can't find any posts that asks this. I'm playing on an full HD LCD TV 42" and l find that when playing MW2 or Black Ops it's hard to spot the other team on large maps but the other team always seem to be able to spot me from a distance, l'm not saying l'm camping in one spot as l keep moving around cautiously. I'm thinking maybe because l'm playing a large TV the resolution is too pixelated, what do you all think or am l wrong ?? also have to add the other team ain't all usiing snipers but able to spot me with just any weapon using any scopes. Also was wondering does playing on a smaller LCD monitor instead will make a major difference in making the game more clearer and by the way l don't have a LCD monitor to test it on.
I play on an old "B Tube" I do better on that than I do with my friends tv (which is huge, like a 70 or 80 inch tv I forgot).

Remmnever

I plan on my 32" LCD downstairs and a 42" upstairs. I also have a 50" plasma but I don't like to play on it. I prefer the 32" over the rest, seems like the perfect size for me. I always do terrible when I play on bigger screens. I think I just like to see everything without having to shift my eyes/head too much. I'm sure it's different for everyone.