What if... Motion control ONLY next gen xbox console

gambini98

We all know the current gen 360 console Microsoft is coming out with the motion control. What if the next gen 360 console is only motion control? Would that stop you from getting COD for that console knowing that you can't use a standard controller?

Ben

Tbh I doubt that would make it motion only as COD and halo are the worlds best selling console games and they wouldn't just make them complete motion and no controller this would bring alot of complaints on..

gambini98

Ben. said:
Tbh I doubt that would make it motion only as COD and halo are the worlds best selling console games and they wouldn't just make them complete motion and no controller this would bring alot of complaints on..
IMO i think it could happen. What if natal and the ps3's equivalent takes off and sells like crazy. I definitely think that Microsoft wouldn't care about us hardcore gamers and try to reinvent just like Nintendo did.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If that happens, I'll be investing in a high power gaming PC, so I can not use the motion. I hate the motion!!! It's all fine and dandy for mini games or the ocasional action, but not for the control of a shooter. PS3 has been doing a pretty good job with the sixaxis, just a little to keep it interesting, but not too much.

gambini98

Itz CHARLEY said:
Well, yeah if a four year old took over Microsoft then that might happen. :lol:
Let me give you a hypothetical situation. Say the next COD comes out and it has Natal support. Now there is a small percent of "hardcore" gamers and then maybe a vast majority of causal gamers who love the motion control and they all buy it and use it. Tapping into the causal gamer means getting more sells. This is not even really just with the FPS genre. If there is a big success with the natal I think they will more than likely go way of Nintendo on there next console. Motion control IMO is the downfall of console gaming. Microsoft would give two sh*** about having a controller option if they can generalize a game for all audiences to increase sells. I doubt this would sit well with say the creators of COD of example, but ultimately if they don't conform they don't have a game on the system.

Itz CHARLEY

Well I think motion control should be an option because it can be fun on a few games, but ultimatley it cold ruin console gaming. The reason I said the thing about the four year old bill gates is because Microsoft has always supported mature gamers. Games today have shifted alot and now there are some 7 year olds playing 17+ games. I don't have much room to talk because I am only 14, but I hate wii But I still like my n64. Motion control is like 3D, it isn't for adult, mature movies. It is for shrek annd tteaching dragons tricks not Rambo, not saw, not discovery channel's frigging planet of the apes. 3d conversion will never happen, it only fs up kids movies and makes the toddles say "ooohhhh 3D momie mommie mommie I want to se the mobie pleeeaaasez. Microsoft has a strong sense of keeping little kids away from M games and they won't make a product for a generation that shouldn't be playing ing n the first place.