Whats the Limited Functions?

TrApStAr

Well I was on youtube, Just browsing. And daktakid had a video about programming a Sleeper with pnc port.
And Then I noticed the comments, And I Wanted to know what the limitations was with modding the PnC Port; Instead of add a 3.5 mm jack.

dakotakid12345 (2 months ago) Show Hide
Marked as spam
If you choose 'modify pnc port' it includes a pnc cable, if you choose '3.5mm jack' it includes a usb-to-3.5mm cable.? Please note the limited functionality of your pnc if you choose that option.

IrishStyle

If you have the PNC option you lose the use of the charging cable while using the controller. If you use the PNC cable I would suggest the Raven(DUO). Because the PNC cable covers the sync button on the Hammer, Tyr's (Sleeper) making changing modes very difficult. The 3.5mm jack option is superior IMO.

Paul

You aren't able to Play and Charge with the controller modded using your PnC kit due to a trace being cut.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Paul said:
You aren't able to Play and Charge with the controller modded using your PnC kit due to a trace being cut.
actually if the controllers off you can charge it using the PNC...or atleast i can..lol

drb1992

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
Paul said:
actually if the controllers off you can charge it using the PNC...or atleast i can..lol
Ya can't you still charge the controller using PnC but the light on the cable doesn't work. That is what I have heard any ways.

Krier023

Useful Poster
I believe right thumbstick and the a button dont work because they are somehow conected to the programing

odingalt

Staff member
Yup you're both correct. Choose the PnC port option and you cannot play and charge at the same time. you can only 'dock' your controller with the PnC cable to charge it, but the LED charging light won't work. If you try to play with the PnC cable plugged in it disables your button A and your right thumbstick press (these two butotns share a port with the USB, so when you plug in the PnC cable, when you've chosen the modify PnC port option, the USB activates and overrides those two buttons)

Itz CHARLEY

odingalt said:
Yup you're both correct. Choose the PnC port option and you cannot play and charge at the same time. you can only 'dock' your controller with the PnC cable to charge it, but the LED charging light won't work. If you try to play with the PnC cable plugged in it disables your button A and your right thumbstick press (these two butotns share a port with the USB, so when you plug in the PnC cable, when you've chosen the modify PnC port option, the USB activates and overrides those two buttons)
Dang that sucks, Im guessing there is no way to fix this on my controller even if i install the 3.5 jack?

IrishStyle

If you did a PNC install then upgraded to the 3.5 jack, you could repair the 2 cut traces to get the PNC fully operational.