Windows 8 missing dll?

odingalt

Staff member
I would love for you to remote connect to either Windows 8 machine and take a look. I am computer literate and have installed, converted, ripped, etc files, written batch files, a+ certified, had mcse cert, and currently mwd and directional drill doing lots of trig and geom.. I am not an idiot. You can remote access my computer any time and give it your best. I am stuck or I wouldnt have posted it on here. Everyone saying they installed it there and here and everywhere doesnt help. Constructive help would be great. Thanks

Hi Boomers

[edit typo - before it said "we did intent to insult you" it was supposed to read "we did not intend to insult you" !]

We did not intend to insult you. Our average demographic is pretty young. I'm from the "desktop PC" era as well as two of my staffers at the company, but the kids buying our mods these days, the desktop PC to them is some dinosaur sitting in the corner. You'd be surprised at the low level of literacy of our typical demographic customer base (no offense intended to anyone, this new generation just doesn't use desktops). Could you please provide answers to the following, it would be very useful in troubleshooting:

1.) Can you confirm that these files are in the final installed folder (put x next to all files that are in the program folder)?

__app.ico
__HIDinterface.dll
__The Viking Software.exe
__TimelineEditor.dll
__Updater.exe
__Updater.exe.config

This will let me know if we are troubleshooting a problem with the installer shield or something with the software itself.

2.) Can you confirm which build number of windows 8 you have on each machine?

3.) Are the two machines you tried 32-bit or 64-bit?

4.) Are you installing the viking software from the CD-ROM or by downloading the latest package off of Viking360.com by clicking on the Downloads link?

5.) Lastly is there any way you can make another screenshot from the second computer you tried on?

If you can get me these answers we can continue to try to re-create the problem and then escalate the issue to another team we contract with some time who specializes in cross-OS compatibility issues. Looking forward to working on this ASAP and apologize for the hassle here on the forums.

boomers831

1.) Can you confirm that these files are in the final installed folder (put x next to all files that are in the program folder)? Did and posted pictures.

__app.ico
__HIDinterface.dll
__The Viking Software.exe
__TimelineEditor.dll
__Updater.exe
__Updater.exe.config

This will let me know if we are troubleshooting a problem with the installer shield or something with the software itself.

2.) Can you confirm which build number of windows 8 you have on each machine? Windows 8 pro

3.) Are the two machines you tried 32-bit or 64-bit? 64 bit

4.) Are you installing the viking software from the CD-ROM or by downloading the latest package off of Viking360.com by clicking on the Downloads link? download
5.) Lastly is there any way you can make another screenshot from the second computer you tried on? Will post it tonight