ANGER against Black Ops

PS3andCOD

Contributor
It's supposed to take much less than half a clip... The most it should ever take when shooting at someone not through cover is 5 bullets, and that's with a weak gun... MW2 the FAL with holographic and stopping power is 2 hits across the map. Snipers are 1 hit above the waist.

Drubsy

I know EXACTLY how that feels I get more frustrated at Black ops then any other cod.

not counting WaW of course.. sigh

Fredrow

You don't have to have a full lobby. It tends to give parties host which generally means your team has the advantage. As long as you have 2-3 friends odds are one of you gets the host every time. That is one reason I used to play Mercenary TDM so much.

Well now you got me all confused....

I thought only the lobby host had the advantage? But now it extends to everyone who is on the same team as the lobby host?

HippieMagic

Generally speaking the host and his team has an advantage. I have no clue why but you can see it in some games. Generally speaking when you are at 500 points and the other team is at 150 it isn't because you are on some elite MLG squad lol. I don't fully understand every aspect of the way they connect teams but I know it is a horrible system and sometimes you get royally screwed. I have played teams where it was literally impossible to kill them sometimes taking 2 full magazines to get enough hit markers to matter. It is usually the host's team that wins a game though.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well now you got me all confused....

I thought only the lobby host had the advantage? But now it extends to everyone who is on the same team as the lobby host?

It's because say you're playing with your neighbor. You are th eclosest physically to him, and you will have good ping to him. You are not host, but you have much quicker pings than anyone else. If you're in a pary that are all withing 20 km of eachother you all essentially get host advantage if one of you is host, as the pings are so much smaller than anyone elses.

Fredrow

It's because say you're playing with your neighbor. You are th eclosest physically to him, and you will have good ping to him. You are not host, but you have much quicker pings than anyone else. If you're in a pary that are all withing 20 km of eachother you all essentially get host advantage if one of you is host, as the pings are so much smaller than anyone elses.

Ok that is what I thought too... But wouldn't everyone who was closest to the lobby host have this advantage? No matter which team your on?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yes, but what are the chances of having your neigbor on the other team? If they weren't in your party (and therefore on the same team as you...) there is little to no chance of randomly being matched with them. I live a lot closer to Toronto (largest city in Canada if anyone didn't know) than America, but I still end up playing with plenty of Americans... They don't match you with people in your imediate area most of the time.

Fredrow

Yes, but what are the chances of having your neigbor on the other team? If they weren't in your party (and therefore on the same team as you...) there is little to no chance of randomly being matched with them. I live a lot closer to Toronto (largest city in Canada if anyone didn't know) than America, but I still end up playing with plenty of Americans... They don't match you with people in your imediate area most of the time.

You do know that there is an option to control who you get matched up with?

The main two people I always play with are located about 150 miles from me (which is 241.4016 kilometers) and 75% of the time we get matched up with people on the West Coast....
[h=2][/h]

ILBIEAST

when you are in a party hit select and choose your matchmaking preferences. Set it to Locale or locale only to get people close to you

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I have ****ty internet though, so that doesn't really work that great for me... It usually finds matches in the 100-120 ping area, never the 50.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Oh, if I was a millionaire I could hook up directly to fibreoptics, that's about 10-20 grand instal and a grand per month. But other than that I'm stuck with what I have. It's a wireless service from a tower, I can't even get DSL. I might be able to upgrade to Wi-Max sooner or later though, that might have better reliability etc.

HippieMagic

I get 3Mb DSL. That is my only option. The cable company has been dragging their feet constantly and it seems like it's owned by someone else every month. It would be nice to actually have good internet for a change.

That being said I can get under 100ms latency MOST of the time. I don't think that is going to solve any issues though considering the problem is with the method of connecting and not the connection.

Here is my nerd rage story of the day:

I have been playing Bad Company 2 on the PC for the past couple months. I had actually almost entirely quit CoD before the last map pack and then played maybe 2 very short times after that. I think the most I have played in one sitting in the past few months is 2 games.

Today I decided to hop on and see how I would do. I knew that the PC would have me struggling with the controller since it had been so long so I knew that I would have to play the game a little slower than usual. I also knew I would have to find a gun I am comfortable with again so I decided to give the FAMAS a shot at first.

Game 1: I start into the game over half way through. It wasn't too bad. I was struggling a little on my settings due to the character feeling sluggish and the field of view being significantly less than it is on my PC. I felt like I was playing with a box on my head or something. I went 3k 3d before the game ended. This isn't horrible really. I was starting to get the hang of the controls again and at least I broke even.

Game 2: Stadium. I am a little more used to this map so it wasn't all that hard to get the hang of. I was using the Galil this time and I was playing a slightly slower pace thanks to Battlefield. I was hugging walls and checking corners and managed to get 11k and 4d which is a lot better than breaking even. I finally had the controls down at this point and popping targets/setting traps was getting significantly easier.

-I back out and go to quit when I see that I am less than 120 points from leveling. I decide to hop back in a new game.

Game 3: Stadium. No big deal... I just played it and I figured this time will be even easier. I start off and enter a little building to wait for the enemy to come my way. I see grenades from them so I just sort of chill there and wait to pop someone. This is when a little voice in my head said "check the right" so I look over and a few seconds later a guy pops out with a shotgun... no big deal. I have an M16 this is child's play. I shoot him and get 1 hit marker. He retreats until his health is back then comes out again... I shoot again and get one hit marker. He runs back.

At this point I know that he is coming from this side one way or another so I set a claymore and focus on my right. I see him sprint out the door and to the other door in the building I was in. He sort of hides near the corner and then pops out, I fire, nothing. He ducks back behind the wall and starts to go toward the door I was by, I fire through the window... nothing. He runs back to the right door and I fire... nothing... We then continue this game of musical doors until I see the opportunity to run to the right door without being seen and he makes an attempt to go through the left. My claymore catches him and gives me a hit marker... keep in mind this claymore was set properly and he was running a lightweight shotgun class.

He comes in and I shoot at him... I miss. I fire again and again... the third burst got a piece of him. He was just outside of his shotgun's range away from me so this was basically point blank. I finally fire a fourth and fifth time. The fifth killed him. Ridiculous.

I then kill another guy before getting killed because I just can't hit the other team. I then get shot, go into last stand, take the guy out, get revived, and then get shot by someone who I couldn't hit. I switch to the AK-74U. I run around and see a guy with his back facing me and know this is mine. I ADS point it between his shoulder blades, fire half a magazine into him before he even turns and as he is turning he aims down the sight and sprays his magazine in an arch which obviously kills me... Really?

This just made me quit the game... I mean how is it even remotely close to fair when I dump half a magazine at close range into someone when they simply turn and fire an arch that kills me with what few bullets do hit... Black Ops is a joke.

ILBIEAST

Hey its all good , we all will have to suffer this game for only a couple more months until BF3 and MW3 come out!

Fredrow

Hey its all good , we all will have to suffer this game for only a couple more months until BF3 and MW3 come out!

Speak for yourself about this suffering crap! I really enjoy Black-ops......

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, there are some words that don't need to be filtered (such as crap) which I took off.
And that word aptly describes Black Ops. I would love to share my rage story like HippieMagic, but it would take volumes. Lets just suffice it to say, I shall no longer be playing Black Ops because I did not only rage quit, I rage smashed the disc to pieces. Trey Arch shall never get another one of my pennies. And in the words of Forrest Gump.."That's all I have to say about that."