Im new to mods

Gohea

Hi I'm new to mods and i was thinking about getting the diy ragnarok chip. I was wondering if it is a good investment, and if a person can have multiple mods like rapid fire, drop shot, and fast reload on all at the same time?

modded matt

If you are new to mods, buy a premodded controller. you will only destroy your controller if you attempt this type of install yourself... Unless E has the new flex boards ready to go.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Ragnarok can run all those mods at one time. its also one of the easiest to switch or add mods on the fly. U dont have to wait and stare how many times an led flashes to know what mod your in. Its as quick as a tap of a button. I would deffenently order a premade controller. If you have never modded before i can almost 100% guarentee u will ruin the controller. Save yourself the time and headache and buy premodded.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi I'm new to mods and i was thinking about getting the diy ragnarok chip. I was wondering if it is a good investment, and if a person can have multiple mods like rapid fire, drop shot, and fast reload on all at the same time?

Answers are yes and yes.

Do you have previous soldering experience?

Gohea

yes, i have a welding and a soldering cert

thanks for all the input i still think i im going to try the diy chip, im not going to get andy experience bye just ordering a pre made controller lol. The tutorial looks like it goes into great detail on how to do it.

modded matt

I am glad you feel up to it. Keep in mind, soldering with 30g wire is much different that welding and brazing. Use 30g wire, it will help you. if your wire is too large, it will have a greater chance of tearing the trace or via.

Good luck, let us know if you need help.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Right on good luck. Im sure u will be fine if u have good hand skills. Follow the plans exactly and take your time and u should be set. The xbox chips can be tricky the PS3 chips are a walk in the park. Keep us posted on your progress and if u need help just post your pics here and someone will more than likley be able to diagnose any issues u might have. Just do like mat said and order some 30AWG wire perferable a bunch of multicolor wires like red, green, blue, and black. This will greatly help u know what wires go to what. If u use all one color its easy to make mistakes and accidentaly solder the wrong wire to the wrong place.

modded matt

noob/n00b and a newbie/newb are not the same thing. Newbs are those who are new to some task* and are very beginner at it, possibly a little overconfident about it, but they are willing to learn and fix their errors to move out of that stage. n00bs, on the other hand, know little and have no will to learn any more. They expect people to do the work for them and then expect to get praised about it, and make up a unique species of their own

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

I.D.K but ive bought probably bought 12 chips since i started here in the forums. I love them and I love that they have detailed instrution manuals for instillations. U dont really see companies doing the DIY kits anymore. The ones u do buy DIY kits from have very vauge instrutions and dont include an operations manual of how the mods are used. They just sell as is and wont provide any support what so ever. Viking is awsome. Glade u still provide this service. Even if they sell out of DIY kits they will re stock there supply in good promt time.

Gohea

ok soo i got the chip and soldered it and all the buttons are working, and rapid fire is on,but i cant turn it off or switch mods. any ideas? lol

dogeatdog

Post some pics please, photos of the soldering are helpful to determine possible causes. If you can't switch mods, then first thing I would check is the switch button. Also check for pinched wires (actually, all the tips in the DIY guide apply :)).