PS3 Thoughts

NYjetsNY1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
NameLess-Poster said:
I would put in my ideas but, i'am still new to this stuff. If this was to happen with the ps3 i would pick one up for sure.
Well it is going to happen....Od has something in the works.....he said more info in February

Correct, if I am not mistaking he already has prototypes for testing.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Really? If so it would be really nice to see what he's looking at doing/got working so we could maybe make new sugestions.

NYjetsNY1

PS3andCOD said:
Really? If so it would be really nice to see what he's looking at doing/got working so we could maybe make new sugestions.

Actually these prototypes will be set aside for a while. He's really pushing hard to get a lot of the xbox 360 macro stuff working
+ adding new features. Then he will work on the PS3 one.

Jassim

I'm more of a hard-ware guy not a software guy, but one of my friends has programmed a robot using an ardurino. These run for $25 and offer pressure sensing capabilities. It uses C++ software programming which isn't uncommon so maybe this could be used. It would be compatible with the triggers and possible analog. The only issue is how to wire it up into a ps3 controller. I'll be doing some research but I've just stumbled upon it now. From a google search I've seen fighting games programmed with it (joysticks and buttons) but no controllers. It uses USB A to A and I can confirm it works in linux and windows. Mac users should be able to utilize it with an emulator so systems aren't a problem, however the user-friendly ability isn't their. I'm not very software savvy so I wouldn't attempt doing this but this is a cheap alternative. If you could simplify the code some-how and hook it up to the daughter-board it might work. I'm also discussing with another guy the possibilities of using a pic for macro's :p just another thing you guys might consider.

I'm a beginner modder so this might be completely retarded to someone like Odin but just postin :p.