XCM remapper

NYjetsNY1

NEpatsNE1 said:
http://www.thetechgame.com/News/article/sid=1477.html ......... it looks pritty cool if you really hate a button combination

Won't work with a viking, just letting everyone know.

Fredrow

NEpatsNE1 said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
NEpatsNE1 said:
http://www.thetechgame.com/News/article/sid=1477.html ......... it looks pritty cool if you really hate a button combination

yeah just figured i would share though..

Well Mr.Never-going-to-win-a-SuperBowl (aka:NYjets).... This could be used with the Macro.....

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
Well Mr.Never-going-to-win-a-SuperBowl (aka:NYjets).... This could be used with the Macro.....

We've had this discussion before - you must of missed it. For the PS3... but this came up there and is stated in the link:

-THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A WIRELESS CONTROLLER-

Odingalt said that he couldn't make a wired modded controller, well maybe not that he couldn't but he invested everything into the wireless one, so why do a wired one?

At any rate it won't work for a macro controller is all I am saying.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
Fredrow said:

We've had this discussion before - you must of missed it. For the PS3... but this came up there and is stated in the link:

-THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A WIRELESS CONTROLLER-

Odingalt said that he couldn't make a wired modded controller, well maybe not that he couldn't but he invested everything into the wireless one, so why do a wired one?

At any rate it won't work for a macro controller is all I am saying.
PnC cable........

NYjetsNY1

NEpatsNE1 said:
PnC cable........

No offense, but it seems like everyone doubts my answers. I do not post without thinking or without proof. I should just post proof in every post now shouldn't I?

Watch the darn video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9zFug6T9k

Watch after 0:06.

It says it won't work with the play and charge cable.
This also was stated in a post a while back.

In addition, the macro controller has some extremely specific macros. The adapter might have minute lag - this will not allow macros to perform their functions correctly at the right intervals, thus messing them up.

Sorry if I am getting edgy or shifty but it is late and I had a long day. It seems everyone wants to doubt me.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
NEpatsNE1 said:
PnC cable........

No offense, but it seems like everyone doubts my answers. I do not post without thinking or without proof. I should just post proof in every post now shouldn't I?

Watch the darn video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9zFug6T9k

Watch after 0:06.

It says it won't work with the play and charge cable.
This also was stated in a post a while back.

In addition, the macro controller has some extremely specific macros. The adapter might have minute lag - this will not allow macros to perform their functions correctly at the right intervals, thus messing them up.

Sorry if I am getting edgy or shifty but it is late and I had a long day. It seems everyone wants to doubt me.
ok ok....jeez...hahaha

Fredrow

Dude don't apologize for being snappy, you are the one who is typing the message. Like, really????

And to answer the question again, yes it can.......

Mr.Never-going-to-win-a-SuperBowl, when you answer post on here, you make it seem a little too, uh, robotic.... haha....
It's like you have your own little set of flash cards to cover each general question...haha... Mane....

I would say about 5-15% of the people here at the forums could do this....

I would have never even commented on this post if it wasn't for your second post saying this, "Won't work with a viking, just letting everyone know."

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:

And to answer the question again, yes it can.......

How will a viking work with it? Prove it Mr. Big-Shot. Do you mean that a viking macro in its current state will work with this XCM peripheral? Please do explain mane.

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
How will a viking work with it? Prove it Mr. Big-Shot. Do you mean that a viking macro in its current state will work with this XCM peripheral? Please do explain mane.

Yup Yup... Billups in the da' house....

So you really want it to go like this... A'ight... Once I get done doing my thing and get home I'll post it up and let ya know...Mane.....

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Fredrow said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

Yup Yup... Billups in the da' house....

So you really want it to go like this... A'ight... Once I get done doing my thing and get home I'll post it up and let ya know...Mane.....
sorry fred but it wont work with the macro controller or any wireless controller through PnC(factory)....in the video from them it says "will not work with a PnC cable" or something close to that

Fredrow

:eek: .... Looks like you got me.....

Yeah right......

Look at it like this, the wired controller and the the PnC cables both plug into what???
(If you answered USB connection, then you are right)

So next step would be, how does someone convert a wireless into a wired..... (You could go the other way around, but you would be adding so much more work)

On the wired controllers all that is connected from the controller to the Xbox is (Vcc, D+, D-, GND)

Next de-solder the Vcc and GND battery terminals from the wireless controller. You could leave them in, but why your converting this into a wired controller.....

Then the Vcc and GND from the Xbox side would get connected to the Vcc and GND of the wireless controller. So now your supplying a consent voltage source to your controller.
(Might also have to go through and double check how source voltage is supplied throughout the wireless controller, some minor re-mapping of the controllers layout may need to be done, only for the source voltage. One may have to insert a voltage regulator, transistor, or maybe even a diode so that when the controller gets plugged in, it wont turn on until you press the guide button (or start button to put the controller into programming mode)

The D+ and D- connections are the easy ones to locate....

TO top everything off, one would have to located the traces for the RF transmitter and receiver and cut them.....

Another thing to do is make sure you have matching impedance for the new connections so you get maximum power transfer....

This is just a very basic explanation about what would need to be done.....

So NY, why wouldn't it work??

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:

Yeah right......

Look at it like this, the wired controller and the the PnC cables both plug into what???

So next step would be, how does someone convert a wireless into a wired..... (You could go the other way around, but you would be adding so much more work)

On the wired controllers all that is connected from the controller to the Xbox is (Vcc, D+, D-, GND)

Next de-solder the Vcc and GND battery terminals from the wireless controller. You could leave them in, but why your converting this into a wired controller.....

Then the Vcc and GND from the Xbox side would get connected to the Vcc and GND of the wireless controller. So now your supplying a consent voltage source to your controller.
(Might also have to go through and double check how source voltage is supplied throughout the wireless controller, some minor re-mapping of the controllers layout may need to be done, only for the source voltage. One may have to insert a voltage regulator, transistor, or maybe even a diode so that when the controller gets plugged in, it wont turn on until you press the guide button (or start button to put the controller into programming mode)

TO top everything off, one would have to located the traces for the RF transmitter and receiver and cut them.....

Another thing to do is make sure you have matching impedance for the new connections so you get maximum power transfer....

Directly from odingalt:
"Ok so you think I'll just make a wired controller. Well wired still needs to be specially licensed by Microsoft - otherwise they will nuke your hardware from their system altogether - as happend to Datel's memory cards."

I'm guessing that. Also, good luck getting the end user to chop all of their wires and getting it to work. Once you have done that, have fun with a lawsuit from microsoft.

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
Fredrow said:

Yeah right......

Directly from odingalt:
"Ok so you think I'll just make a wired controller. Well wired still needs to be specially licensed by Microsoft - otherwise they will nuke your hardware from their system altogether - as happend to Datel's memory cards."

I'm guessing that. Also, good luck getting the end user to chop all of their wires and getting it to work. Once you have done that, have fun with a lawsuit from microsoft.

Dude, your weird-0.......

No one is taking about memory cards....

Who is chopping wires.... Why are you talking about chopping wires.....

Were is your quote??? Why use what E' said to cover your lack of electronics skills??

Why would Microsoft sue me??? All your doing is taking a Microsoft Wireless controller and making it wired..... Microsoft would never fucking know......

Come on Mr.Never-going-to-Win-A-SuperBowl-In-Your-Lifetime.... You ask me to prove my point.... I did that, but your still talking.....

Put down the energy drink bro.....

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
Fredrow said:

Yeah right......

Directly from odingalt:

Dude, your weird-0.......

No one is taking about memory cards....

Who is chopping wires.... Why are you talking about chopping wires.....

Were is your quote??? Why use what E' said to cover your lack of electronics skills??

Why would Microsoft sue me??? All your doing is taking a Microsoft Wireless controller and making it wired..... Microsoft would never fark know......

Come on Mr.Never-going-to-Win-A-SuperBowl-In-Your-Lifetime.... You ask me to prove my point.... I did that, but your still talking.....

Put down the energy drink bro.....

I'm "weird-0" ... OK.

You would have to chop some wires, etc, to get the macro controller to work - that is if you can.
Obviously I'm not talking about memory cards. It is an example of a company that sold something non-microsoft licensed and got nuked. Such as a wired-controller. Or if someone tried to sell one.
Stock macro controllers will not work.
I'm using what Einar said just to show how he wouldn't be able to sell wired controllers.
Maybe you can figure out a way to get the macro controller to work on the thing, but 95%+ can't.

When you get the macro controller to work with this XCM remapper, you let me know Mr. Freedrow.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Fredrow said:

Yeah right......

like i said Stock wireless controllers will not work with this.

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
I'm "weird-0" ... OK.

You would have to chop some wires, etc, to get the macro controller to work - that is if you can.
Obviously I'm not talking about memory cards. It is an example of a company that sold something non-microsoft licensed and got nuked. Such as a wired-controller. Or if someone tried to sell one.
I'm using what Einar said just to show how he wouldn't be able to sell wired controllers.
Maybe you can figure out a way to get the macro controller to work on the thing, but 95%+ can't.

When you get the macro controller to work with this XCM remapper, you let me know Mr. Freedrow.

Yup Yup..... Weird-0.....haha....

Your original comment to the OP, was
NYjetsNY1 said:

For you to make a bold stand like that without even thinking, shows that your narrow minded.... Look outside the box son....

But I did enjoy watching you back peddle like a baby duck throughout this whole thread. And how you used my info that I stated in your own comments to try help with your loosing battle...

Like I said before, there is maybe 15% of the Viking community could pull this off, then there is you with the other 85% who can not.....

Don't be looking at me to build this, I have no use for something like this.... All I was doing is proving you WRONG.....

Now I'm gonna get me some Grey Goose and get back to doing the dew......

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
I'm "weird-0" ... OK.

Yup Yup..... Weird-0.....haha....

Your original comment to the OP, was
NYjetsNY1 said:

For you to make a bold stand like that without even thinking, shows that your narrow minded.... Look outside the box son....

But I did enjoy watching you back peddle like a baby duck throughout this whole thread. And how you used my info that I stated in your own comments to try help with your loosing battle...

Like I said before, there is maybe 15% of the Viking community could pull this off, then there is you with the other 85% who can not.....

Don't be looking at me to build this, I have no use for something like this.... All I was doing is proving you WRONG.....

Now I'm gonna get me some Grey Goose and get back to doing the dew......

I made a bold statement and thought it through and proved my point. I gave my proof. You still haven't given yours. Give me a video of a macro controller working with it, or I'll forever deem you as wrong. I maybe wrong as well, but we won't ever know until you prove one of us as correct. Very funny you think me narrow minded. I actually did a lot of research before I posted that statement. I haven't back peddled at all throughout the thread. My statement stands: This will not work with a viking. If you prove me wrong with actual proofs and not statements, so be it. Go back to geometry. Proofs, proofs, proofs. Prove a triangle. Prove a rhombus. Etc. Now prove a macro controller works with this peripheral. I honestly don't care at this point, but like I said I don't believe you until you prove me wrong.

Aristotle once said, “We become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions.”

This is true and applies in this situation.

You are not just, nor do I think you as just, until you perform a just action.

In this case, you are wrong, until you prove otherwise.

Call me narrow minded.
Call me "Weird-0"
Call me whatever you like.

My point stands.
My statement stands.