XCM remapper

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
No, I knew it was possible, but can you convert a macro controller into one and get it working with the XCM remapper? And have macros work?

I knew that you would say that......

-THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A WIRELESS CONTROLLER-

If you noticed from the pictures that the PCB board I converted is a CG2 board..... So tell me why that would not work??

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Fredrow said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
No, I knew it was possible, but can you convert a macro controller into one and get it working with the XCM remapper? And have macros work?

I knew that you would say that......

-THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH A WIRELESS CONTROLLER-

If you noticed from the pictures that the PCB board I converted is a CG2 board..... So tell me why that would not work??
i hate to say this jets but..... Fredrow 1.........jets 0

Fredrow

NEpatsNE1 said:
i hate to say this jets but..... Fredrow 1.........jets 0

No not yet......haha.....

E' brought up a good point which is making me double think about how the controllers are really wired-up..... I will have more info in a little bit.....

It's funny how this lame duck topic has taken off into a great discussion......

NYjetsNY1

This isn't a matter of winning or losing, I am just wondering if the macro controller will work with it.

If you can prove that it will, then you win I guess.

NYjetsNY1

NEpatsNE1 said:
yeah he is up one....but its still the 3rd quarter.

Ok fine here is how it goes.

Fredrow proves macro controller + macros work on this peripheral

He "Wins"

Fredrow proves macro controller works on the peripheral

He "Ties"

Fredrow cannot prove either of the above

I "Win"

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
This isn't a matter of winning or losing, I am just wondering if the macro controller will work with it.

If you can prove that it will, then you win I guess.

The only win here is knowledge..... Shit, that's the only thing I care about..... Well, the green too....haha..... I don't care about W or L because I was born a champion...haha.... Just messing around....

I love doing crazy DIY projects like this, it would be nice if maybe some other people would get involved too with some DIY stuff.....

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
NEpatsNE1 said:
yeah he is up one....but its still the 3rd quarter.

Ok fine here is how it goes.

Fredrow proves macro controller + macros work on this peripheral

He "Wins"

Fredrow proves macro controller works on the peripheral

He "Ties"

Fredrow cannot prove either of the above

I "Win"

If you say so.......

odingalt

Staff member
Fredrow,

If that CG2 controller was sync'ed to that console before you converted it, then how do you know it's not still just communicated over the wireless sync?

Fredrow

odingalt said:
Fredrow,

If that CG2 controller was sync'ed to that console before you converted it, then how do you know it's not still just communicated over the wireless sync?

How do you know that the wired controllers are not just 'hard-wired' wireless controllers?

odingalt

Staff member
You need to take that controller and try hooking it up to a console that it wasn't previously wirelessly sync'd to. That's the only way I can think of to know for sure it's not still communicating over the wireless. I'm not sure how else to disable the wireless on a wireless controller.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
This is very interesting, some excellent work there Fredrow... Now just take it to a buddy's house and see if it works through the wire iguess.

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
Also funny how XCM topics get so many pages of comments...

Well XCM topics are always going to be hott ones..... Everyone loves shinny new things!!!!

PS3andCOD said:
This is very interesting, some excellent work there Fredrow... Now just take it to a buddy's house and see if it works through the wire iguess.

No need to take it to a buddy's house, I just plugged it into my other 360...... After doing it, the controller turns on the Xbox 360 but like E' pointed out, the controller did not sync with the Xbox. So after spending a couple minutes thinking of how to over come that. I came up with a solution of using a transistor to act as a logic switch so there is no need to physical press the sync button. Now when the controller powers up it will auto connect to any Xbox it is connected to.

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
Also funny how XCM topics get so many pages of comments...

Well XCM topics are always going to be hott ones..... Everyone loves shinny new things!!!!

PS3andCOD said:

No need to take it to a buddy's house, I just plugged it into my other 360...... After doing it, the controller turns on the Xbox 360 but like E' pointed out, the controller did not sync with the Xbox. So after spending a couple minutes thinking of how to over come that. I came up with a solution of using a transistor to act as a logic switch so there is no need to physical press the sync button. Now when the controller powers up it will auto connect to any Xbox it is connected to.

Did the solution work?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
According to what he just said yes, however no way to be sure it's going through the wire and not wirelessly really still... Do you have a faraday cage you can put it in and try it out?

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
According to what he just said yes, however no way to be sure it's going through the wire and not wirelessly really still... Do you have a faraday cage you can put it in and try it out?

haha.....

Yeah I'm still thinking that part out too.... I'm going to go back to look over the wired controllers PCB and see what I can figure out.....

First thing I thought of was that maybe the wired controllers are just a hard-wired/wireless controller..... Kind of like a hybrid........

I only thought this because I think your allowed to use a wireless controller through a Windows OS, through the USB port using the PnC cable. I think.....

But just an update, I will have a working hybrid hardwired Macro controller in about a week or so...... Macro with a constant power source=kick ace......

GJUnLeAsHeD

Fredrow said:
PS3andCOD said:

haha.....

Yeah I'm still thinking that part out too.... I'm going to go back to look over the wired controllers PCB and see what I can figure out.....

First thing I thought of was that maybe the wired controllers are just a hard-wired/wireless controller..... Kind of like a hybrid........

I only thought this because I think your allowed to use a wireless controller through a Windows OS, through the USB port using the PnC cable. I think.....

But just an update, I will have a working hybrid hardwired Macro controller in about a week or so...... Macro with a constant power source=kick ace......
isnt that what a PnC is for ??

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I still think the fastest way to see if it's actually working throught the wire would be a faraday cage... I'm sure you know what that is with your electronics background. I've seen copper mesh for stopping snails or something, that would work great.